Mt. Pleasant @ Fayetteville

Big Bigby

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTP speed is their biggest thing they got going, they have a lot of team speed and are very dangerous on busted plays.

Well it sounds like a good matchup.  Both teams sound like they rely on speed getting to the corners and getting to the running backs.  FHS will want to get an early lead and keep pounding on the MtP QB to disrupt any attempts at offense.  Our safeties are small but super quick on recovering. I'd like to see the ball put up in the air more, it gets everyone excited, but I'm sure Coach Palmer's game plan is to find the MtP weakness and pound on it. 

Well it sounds like a good matchup. Both teams sound like they rely on speed getting to the corners and getting to the running backs. FHS will want to get an early lead and keep pounding on the MtP QB to disrupt any attempts at offense. Our safeties are small but super quick on recovering. I'd like to see the ball put up in the air more, it gets everyone excited, but I'm sure Coach Palmer's game plan is to find the MtP weakness and pound on it.

Would you really want "small" yet "speedy" DB's to play jump ball with speedy, tall receivers who plays basketball as well?

In that scenario only badly thrown balls will work in F-ville's favor....☺

Might go good for F-ville if being thrown by MP #10, he's been off quite a bit this year so far, but MP #38 can place the ball pretty well on his receivers if given the chance.

mTp could be deadly with #38 hitting some quick inside slant routes to #10 & #7... Hadn't seen too many of those attempted by mTp yet. Coach proly knows something I don't I'd guess.

Would you really want "small" yet "speedy" DB's to play jump ball with speedy, tall receivers who plays basketball as well?

In that scenario only badly thrown balls will work in F-ville's favor....☺

Might go good for F-ville if being thrown by MP #10, he's been off quite a bit this year so far, but MP #38 can place the ball pretty well on his receivers if given the chance.

mTp could be deadly with #38 hitting some quick inside slant routes to #10 & #7... Hadn't seen too many of those attempted by mTp yet. Coach proly knows something I don't I'd guess.

Bigby going back to our matchup Week 1 and watching the film it seemed to me to be very clear #38 was a much more talented passer than #10 but not near as athletic as #10. Just my take FWIW.

Bigby going back to our matchup Week 1 and watching the film it seemed to me to be very clear #38 was a much more talented passer than #10 but not near as athletic as #10. Just my take FWIW.

You see what I see.... That's why IMO quick hit pass routes to get the ball out of his hands quickly to MP receivers that has the speed to put distance between themselves and the DB's right off the line. And we all know how hard an inside slant route is hard to defend especially if the receiver jumps to an inside advantage facing the QB on the throw .... MP #38 would not make a good scrambling QB if in trouble, though his roll out deep pass threat he offered against WC in his throw to #10 did look really good.... MP #10 should've never pushed off, he could've simply out jumped your DB for the ball.... Coach would be wise to show them MP young boys some old 2004 footage of JaMarcus Webster in how to be a good jump ball receiver without getting it called back on a penalty.:thumb:

Edited by Big Bigby

You see what I see.... That's why IMO quick hit pass routes to get the ball out of his hands quickly to MP receivers that has the speed to put distance between themselves and the DB's right off the line. And we all know how hard an inside slant route is hard to defend especially if the receiver jumps to an inside advantage facing the QB on the throw .... MP #38 would not make a good scrambling QB if in trouble, though his roll out deep pass threat he offered against WC in his throw to #10 did look really good.... MP #10 should've never pushed off, he could've simply out jumped your DB for the ball.... Coach would be wise to show them MP young boys some old 2004 footage of JaMarcus Webster in how to be a good jump ball receiver without getting it called back on a penalty.:thumb:

Boy oh Boy you aint a kidding!! JaMarcus could go GET a jump ball. So fun to watch him play.