Sunbright at Harriman

As mentioned in a previous post about it being hard for Sunbright to stop the Harriman run, I think it will be hard pressed for most any team on schedule to effectively stop the run for 4 quarters. This is just a very talented backfield with a hefty line that doesn't quit. I will really be surprised if the Big Blue don't put up at least 34 or 35 points in this one.

I thought SB would scare a couple of you all this year. I didn't think they would lose that bad to Scott so I have no idea where they stand now. SB always improves as the year goes but it's too early to compete with Harriman.

Don't discredit Sunbright over the loss to Scott high. While Scott may not invoke visions of a perennial power house you gotta look at what they deal with year in and year out. They usually win the ones they should pretty nicely, are always in the hunt for the toss up games and for decades they've always had a CAK, Alcoa, Fulton, Catholic, or some other big time program or 3 to play every season. They're a good ball team that happens to be a big enough school in the right geographical location to have to contend with a couple of the Knoxville area powerhouses every year. For a 1A school to keep the clock from running in the second half playing them is not a small accomplishment IMO.

Edited by crow

Don't discredit Sunbright over the loss to Scott high. While Scott may not invoke visions of a perennial power house you gotta look at what they deal with year in and year out. They usually win the ones they should pretty nicely, are always in the hunt for the toss up games and for decades they've always had a CAK, Alcoa, Fulton, Catholic, or some other big time program or 3 to play every season. They're a good ball team that happens to be a big enough school in the right geographical location to have to contend with a couple of the Knoxville area powerhouses every year. For a 1A school to keep the clock from running in the second half playing them is not a small accomplishment IMO.

I'm glad to see Scott doing well for what they have to compete against. Do you all play them?

I'm glad to see Scott doing well for what they have to compete against. Do you all play them?

No, haven't in probably 30 years. I know, doesn't make any sense to me either. The gate would be huge with little to no travel cost. Rumor has it they used to play every year for about 10 years with Scott winning 9 of 10. I heard it was the last 9 they played with 7 of those 9 shut outs. I have no way to confirm that but the rumor is some feelings got hurt and now they don't play still. I don't know how it would pan out but I think some years we could give em a run while others not so much. It's a game I'd like to see either way.

No, haven't in probably 30 years. I know, doesn't make any sense to me either. The gate would be huge with little to no travel cost. Rumor has it they used to play every year for about 10 years with Scott winning 9 of 10. I heard it was the last 9 they played with 7 of those 9 shut outs. I have no way to confirm that but the rumor is some feelings got hurt and now they don't play still. I don't know how it would pan out but I think some years we could give em a run while others not so much. It's a game I'd like to see either way.

would be a great game this year I would say. Huge gate, like the Harriman Kingston game. They paid for this season and next season off of one game honestly.

You see how the Kingston Harriman game has turned out since 1992. Nobody is complaining about that money that rolls in from it though. Just me and Bubs complaining cause we blow a game we should've won this year lol. No really, the way Scott and Oneida are as programs now, I honestly think you would have a solid game.