R'dale vs Hillsboro.....

Lost Old Dad

Hey hardtickle, what is the excus......uhhhh explanation going to be this week?

Players you are NOT the problem. All of you are giving it your all.

Coaches get it together NOW!

Seems like something isn't clicking with the Warriors... I'm sure they will bring their A game this week as they host Hillsboro

As you know I have known coach A a long time. I even started my coaching at Antioch and he was a player in the 70's. I have to agree with hardtackle that nothing good comes from talking bad about a coach on coacht. I personally wish Riverdale had stayed with the wing-t. Every team has gotten used to defending the spread. What most can not defend is good old smash mouth football. The run game ,with option, and passing (both play action, quick game, and drop back) can be very effective in a wing-t formation. Thoughts? As for players, players do make the difference. I spend a lot of time trying to find those difference makers.  

Runtheball you are correct. As a defensive coach I am going into Week 4 (4 different teams)and basically defending the same formations and sets of plays. The 4 teams we play call themselves spread but they are really just I teams. They run Power, counter, zone, trap, sweep. The advantage to the spread over the I is they have athletic QB to run read stuff off the plays. Everyone is in love with the spread right now but it kind of makes my job easier seeing it every week our kids get better at defending it by seeing it EVERY week.

Maybe their all is just not enough. Number of the players during Rankin that played college ball, number of players that played college ball during Aydelott. Is there a difference? Players go to college and play from winning teams and losing teams. Coaches get way too much credit and blame. Rankin - credit,  Aydelott- blame.

Edited by hardtackle