Brighton @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

Let's start a discussion on this one.

My trusty power rankings show Covington at 113 and Brighton at 112. Those rankings do not factor in Covington's win at Bolivar or Brighton's loss to Southwind, but they are all we will have until the ratings are recalculated mid-week.

Giving Covington 3 for home field, we figure to be favored by 4 points. I have seen the Charger running game looking like a Marty Wheeler coached team again so far this year, if our young team had made just one or two less mistakes against Munford, we could be sitting here undefeated.

But, "if a frog had wings........".

Covington has to be a strong candidate to win the region. In non-conference, Millington looks to have fallen apart after starting the year highly rated by many. Unless they turn it around, that game will be easier than people thought. Lausanne has started strong, but can they maintain the pace against our country kids? We'll see.

Brighton is an unknown quantity to me. Can anybody comment on what they have this year?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's start a discussion on this one.

My trusty power rankings show Covington at 113 and Brighton at 112. Those rankings do not factor in Covington's win at Bolivar or Brighton's loss to Southwind, but they are all we will have until the ratings are recalculated mid-week.

Giving Covington 3 for home field, we figure to be favored by 4 points. I have seen the Charger running game looking like a Marty Wheeler coached team again so far this year, if our young team had made just one or two less mistakes against Munford, we could be sitting here undefeated.

But, "if a frog had wings........".

Covington has to be a strong candidate to win the region. In non-conference, Millington looks to have fallen apart after starting the year highly rated by many. Unless they turn it around, that game will be easier than people thought. Lausanne has started strong, but can they maintain the pace against our country kids? We'll see.

Brighton is an unknown quantity to me. Can anybody comment on what they have this year?

Hey, ChargerFan, I'll have Coach Wheeler as my guest on the Friday Main Event this week.  I have had zero luck finding any stats on your team for the season.   Do you have a website I can look at?

Kickoff in less than 4 hours. Expecting a big crowd for this one. My daughter will be working the ticket booth. I told her that she should swap games with somebody to get an easier evening. With Brighton right up the road and the natural local rivalry, both set of fans will turn out for this one.

I guess that although fans are interested, none of them frequent this message board. Otherwise, there would be some pre-game chatter.

Yes we are ready for a huge crowd and a great high school game people are already tailgating and getting ready for this county rivalry both teams will be ready for this game I know the chargers are ready and will give it all they got good luck to both teams and prayers for no injuries GO CHARGERS time to GO "bird huntin"

Kickoff in less than 4 hours. Expecting a big crowd for this one. My daughter will be working the ticket booth. I told her that she should swap games with somebody to get an easier evening. With Brighton right up the road and the natural local rivalry, both set of fans will turn out for this one.

I guess that although fans are interested, none of them frequent this message board. Otherwise, there would be some pre-game chatter.

used to have more ans on the T..I think your team wins it..