District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

Tomorrow nights games are as follows:

Gordonsville at Central Magnet

LA at Clarkrange

Upperman at Farragut

Smith County at Maplewood

DeKalb County at Warren County (DeKalb just lost their first game to Gordonsville tonight)

District play starts Friday!

Central Magnet at Cannon County

LA at Macon County

York at Smith County

DeKalb at Upperman. 

Whats everyone's thoughts for this week? Does Tays have to sit out the first district game? If so how much will that affect the Dragons? 

Upperman and Smith seem to have unfamiliar opponents tomorrow night, wonder how they both will do? 

Did Dekalb compete or was it pretty lopsided? I know the final score can be deceiving sometimes.

Did Dekalb compete or was it pretty lopsided? I know the final score can be deceiving sometimes.

First third and fourth quarter were competitive. The kicker was not scoring at all in the second and going to the half down by 17. Trimmed it to 9 maybe once in the third?

Only bright spots this season are that we have a really good freshman (he had 23 of our 46 last night) and that this is the first year in a long time that we aren't graduating 4-7 seniors. We bring back three starters after this year.

Agree with the weak schedule to this point though. District may be ugly. But we have some good young players.

Edited by dctiger

LA at Clarkrange

Upperman at Farragut

DeKalb County at Warren County (DeKalb just lost their first game to Gordonsville tonight)

Ok...so tell me how this shapes the district..

CM beat Gordonsville- is this an upset or is GHS down this year?

LA at Clarkrange- have not seen a score

Upperman loses to AAA Farragut...not a shock

Smith Co gets blasted by Maplewood...I admit this is a shock.

DeKalb Co loses to Warren Co in what looks like was a competitive game (Warren Co played Upperman tough last weekend)

Is this normal for the district

First third and fourth quarter were competitive. The kicker was not scoring at all in the second and going to the half down by 17. Trimmed it to 9 maybe once in the third?

Only bright spots this season are that we have a really good freshman (he had 23 of our 46 last night) and that this is the first year in a long time that we aren't graduating 4-7 seniors. We bring back three starters after this year.

Agree with the weak schedule to this point though. District may be ugly. But we have some good young players.

Do you know the freshman's name that scored 23?

LA at Clarkrange

Upperman at Farragut

Ok...so tell me how this shapes the district..

CM beat Gordonsville- is this an upset or is GHS down this year?

LA at Clarkrange- have not seen a score

Upperman loses to AAA Farragut...not a shock

Smith Co gets blasted by Maplewood...I admit this is a shock.

DeKalb Co loses to Warren Co in what looks like was a competitive game (Warren Co played Upperman tough last weekend)

Is this normal for the district

I agree that Upperman losing to Farragut isn't a shock.

I expected Smith to at least be close to Mapplewood, but Maplewood is so athletic that sometimes they get the best teams.

Wouldn't call CM beating Gordonsville a shock as CM is a little better this year and Gordonsville has absolutely no perimeter shooting.

Macon beating Gallitin is a good win.

I don't know anything about the Dekalb, York, or LA games. I think Cannon didn't play Tuesday either.

Edited by ThatRadioGuy

I also don't know anything about the LA game.

I agree that Upperman losing to Farragut isn't a shock.

I expected Smith to at least be close to Mapplewood, but Maplewood is so athletic that sometimes they get the best teams.

Wouldn't call CM beating Gordonsville a shock as CM is a little better this year and Gordonsville has absolutely no perimeter shooting.

Also don't know much about the Dekalb game.

Thanks radioguy.

Couldn't find out anything about the LA game although I saw them play once over the Thanksgiving break. 

When I saw Smith up at Cannon County this last Friday vs. Pickett County I wouldn't think that Maplewood would give them that much of a problem...Smith County is pretty athletic themselves.

Thanks radioguy.

Couldn't find out anything about the LA game although I saw them play once over the Thanksgiving break. 

When I saw Smith up at Cannon County this last Friday vs. Pickett County I wouldn't think that Maplewood would give them that much of a problem...Smith County is pretty athletic themselves.

That's true, Smith is athletic and physical. Also, I wouldnd't jump to say that Dekalb will surely beat CM. Dekalb lost to Gordonseville by 12 while Central beat them by 7. I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but I think the CM vs Dekalb games will be good matchups.

That's true, Smith is athletic and physical. Also, I wouldnd't jump to say that Dekalb will surely beat CM. Dekalb lost to Gordonseville by 12 while Central beat them by 7. I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but I think the CM vs Dekalb games will be good matchups.

SC beat Gordonsville 90-42...led 53-14 at the half.