Week 8: Oneida @ Jellico

crow

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida is still a player in the east because they play really good defense. This one is a yawner.

'Bass I like your optimism! The D is still playing pretty good, unfortunately the harsh reality is if we're playing a pretty good team 14-21 will win it. . . either way. If we can hold a team under that we have a decent shot but if not we're just not producing enough points to outscore a quality team right now. In a 21 or less point game I'll take our chances with anybody, just depends on if the D can hold good teams to that tight of a score. I'm seeing some changes in this team I will admit. Is it enough or to little to late? Don't know yet, hopefully this bunch will be one of those groups that just starts clicking at the right time, we're close and overdue for that to happen. If it does then we'd be a tough out for sure.

'Bass I like your optimism! The D is still playing pretty good, unfortunately the harsh reality is if we're playing a pretty good team 14-21 will win it. . . either way. If we can hold a team under that we have a decent shot but if not we're just not producing enough points to outscore a quality team right now. In a 21 or less point game I'll take our chances with anybody, just depends on if the D can hold good teams to that tight of a score. I'm seeing some changes in this team I will admit. Is it enough or to little to late? Don't know yet, hopefully this bunch will be one of those groups that just starts clicking at the right time, we're close and overdue for that to happen. If it does then we'd be a tough out for sure.

Great assesment!

Well seeing how there's not much talk about this one and all the talk on the GCA thread about small town tradition I thought I'd post a pic I found interesting. How many here can say the Goodyear blimp has landed on their football field? This guy can!

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t509/crowleyrd/image.jpg1_zpsa5ji8ukj.jpg

Sorry about the link but I've never been able to add a pic on here from my iPad. Emergency fuel landing in 1938 I think but could be 1928. Hard to read the date in the pic.

Edited by crow

I'm still on a truck but my current role in the department has me riding a computer desk more than going on jobs most days. "Middle management" is the current phrase they use I think but I've got a different name for it most days lol. Spike I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage, you obviously know me but I do not know you. This we must remedy in short order.