mTp @ GCA-Franklin

Big Bigby

mTp (3-3) overall and (2-2) in Region play travels to Franklin Friday nite to take on Grace Christian Academy after a long 2 week break with their bye week. I am glad it's over. Took forever it seemed.

With no football game for mTp, I had to find a game to watch so I went to CA to watch some gameplay out of a Tiger Region opponent in GCA last week...

GCA is a young upstart program who's record is (3-3) overall and (2-3) Regional. With their 2 Regional wins against another upstart in Summertown and the other a rebuilding Richland program.

GCA will test a questionable mTp secondary defense in that GCA likes to throw - a lot. Lion's QB #10 is small but quick, very evasive in the backfield and will challenge the D-line and LB's of mTp in containing him. Lion's #10 threw to #3, #5, #41 against CA which moved the ball for the Lions at times, one of which included their only TD. #3 being the Lion's striaght down the sideline receiver and #5 & #41 being their crossing and up and in slant receivers... And they can catch the ball... So mTp's secondary needs to play up and tight to take away these weapons or it might be a close game.

mTp needs to win here on out the remaining season to place 3rd in the Region... If the Tigers lose one more they finish 4th; if they lose two they are out of the Playoffs. The Tigers cannot take these upstart and rebuilding programs lightly. They're hungry for "W's" and can be dangerous.

I did notice at CA that if GCA cannot take pride in a Win... The Lions do take pride in hard hits. If TD's doesn't bring applause and cheers?.... Hard hits do and the Lions play to hear some Lion fan noise one way or the other.

Started not to make a thread considering I have not seen any Lion's fans on here posting. It may be a quiet week ahead....

What say you?... Who wins?

GO TIGERS!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up.

If you can get there early enough they do have a few small sections of bleachers on each side of their press box. There is a small hill at the inzone when you first walk in you could set at. Also get ready to have to listen to the rumble of the gas powered generators running the lights that they have to rent. Lol. To me it looks kinda dim out across the field. Mtp should win by whatever they want. Your right there qb does throw the ball a lot but wasn't very accurate. He throwed a lot of interceptions against MC. I believe in a few years they may have things turned around. Good look to the Tigers.

If you can get there early enough they do have a few small sections of bleachers on each side of their press box. There is a small hill at the inzone when you first walk in you could set at. Also get ready to have to listen to the rumble of the gas powered generators running the lights that they have to rent. Lol. To me it looks kinda dim out across the field. Mtp should win by whatever they want. Your right there qb does throw the ball a lot but wasn't very accurate. He throwed a lot of interceptions against MC. I believe in a few years they may have things turned around. Good look to the Tigers.

Thanks for the advice :thumb:..... Hey good luck to your Raiders as well next Fri. night, it's gonna be one heck of a game I bet with both teams well rested from their bye weeks. Looking forward to reading the thread next week.

Thanks for the advice :thumb:..... Hey good luck to your Raiders as well next Fri. night, it's gonna be one heck of a game I bet with both teams well rested from their bye weeks. Looking forward to reading the thread next week.

Thanks. I listened to Friday night thunder last week and the Coach for Huntland said that he has 12 starters out for the season. Biggest injury bug he's ever had in his 19 years coaching. MC will be rested and come out next week ready to hopefully win out the season. Good luck to y'all tomorrow.