Franklin (3-3) at Wilson Central (4-3)

This game should decide the #5 and 6 seeds in Region 3. The winner will likely finish 5-5 and the #5 seed with the loser likely going 4-6 and the #6 seed.

Franklin comes into the game 3-3 with wins over Riverdale (34-20), Brentwood (21-13) and Antioch (38-0). They have losses against Centennial (20-0), Overton (41-21) and Ravenwood (24-7). Aside from this game remaining on the schedule they have a likely win against Lebanon and likely losses against McGavock and Mt. Juliet.

Wilson Central comes into the game 4-3 with wins over Station Camp (21-20), Antioch (41-13), Siegel (46-29) and Lebanon (30-7). They have losses against Beech (17-13), McGavock (42-21) and Mt. Juliet (30-3).

This game is kinda hard to predict because they kinda have flipped schedules. The only like opponent they have so far is Antioch who is 0-6 and very likely to finish 0-11. Both teams have done respectable in their non-region games.

I think the difference here is that seemingly Wilson Central started off strong and has been on a downward trend throughout the season.

Franklin has put up +20 points in every game except Centennial and Ravenwood both very good football teams with only 1 loss. Franklin has only allowed more than 24 points in one game against Overton.

Wilson Central has put up 30, 41 and 46 points on Lebanon, Antioch and Siegel teams that are a combined 2-17. In their other 3 games they have scored a combined 37 points.

Franklin has been a much more consistent ball team against better opponents.

Franklin 31

Wilson Central 13

This game should decide the #5 and 6 seeds in Region 3. The winner will likely finish 5-5 and the #5 seed with the loser likely going 4-6 and the #6 seed.

Franklin comes into the game 3-3 with wins over Riverdale (34-20), Brentwood (21-13) and Antioch (38-0). They have losses against Centennial (20-0), Overton (41-21) and Ravenwood (24-7). Aside from this game remaining on the schedule they have a likely win against Lebanon and likely losses against McGavock and Mt. Juliet.

Wilson Central comes into the game 4-3 with wins over Station Camp (21-20), Antioch (41-13), Siegel (46-29) and Lebanon (30-7). They have losses against Beech (17-13), McGavock (42-21) and Mt. Juliet (30-3).

This game is kinda hard to predict because they kinda have flipped schedules. The only like opponent they have so far is Antioch who is 0-6 and very likely to finish 0-11. Both teams have done respectable in their non-region games.

I think the difference here is that seemingly Wilson Central started off strong and has been on a downward trend throughout the season.

Franklin has put up +20 points in every game except Centennial and Ravenwood both very good football teams with only 1 loss. Franklin has only allowed more than 24 points in one game against Overton.

Wilson Central has put up 30, 41 and 46 points on Lebanon, Antioch and Siegel teams that are a combined 2-17. In their other 3 games they have scored a combined 37 points.

Franklin has been a much more consistent ball team against better opponents.

Franklin 31

Wilson Central 13

This game completly depends on turnovers early in the game. WC 3 losses started with early turnovers and speacial team blunders. When these happen you can see the heads drop and you can feel the "here we go again" attitude show up for WC. Against Siegal and Station Camp there were no turnovers and the attitude was completly different. Beech, McGavock, and MJ they gave up the ball all three games early because of fumbles and speacial team blunders.

If WC can keep from having block punts, fumbles, and other offensive blunders, they win big. If they start with bad things happening they probably will not recover. Your score is probably correct and either team could be the 31.

They are a running team. No way to compare since WC never showed up or even tried. Every time Franklin ran the ball it was for 5-8 yards at least. WC played 0 defense. Franklin only punted twice. WC had no student section, no cheerleaders and no desire to be there. WC fumbled again several times and really had only one offensive weapon. Jordan Hooper missed a practice and did not really play until the second half and Bowes has lost some confidence and struggled. The game honestly looked like a scrimmage. MJ will get better scouting film from the Antioch - Franklin game than ours.

Sorry but there's no way to compare the two games.

Can anyone give a scouting report on Franklin? Compare them to MJ when we played Wilson Central? Franklin seems to be an underrated team.

The best scouting report you are likely gonna get.

- They average almost 13 1st downs per game. With the low being 3 against Centennial and the high being 18 against Wilson Central. They consistently get 14-15 1st downs a game.

- On average they run about 55 plays a game for about 24-25 minutes of possession.

- A very disciplined team as far as penalties as they only average about 30 yards a game in penalties. The most they have had in a game was 43.

- They use 2 quarterbacks in the passing game. #6 Kyle Evans is 24-42 for 320 yards with 6 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. #8 Wes Patterson is 12-32 for 97 yards and 3 interceptions.

- In the passing game they spread the ball around looks like mostly to the backs and tight ends. Only twice have they had a player with 2 receptions in the same game.

- #24 Lannom Craddock is the guy to stop on offense. He has 136 carries for 750 yards (107 yards rushing per game) and 4 touchdowns. He has been held to 35, 53 and 61 in their 3 losses to Centennial, Ravenwood and Overton.

- But they are for sure a running team. In total they have 312 carries for 1295 yards and 12 touchdowns. But as you see above stopping #24 is the key. The rest of the team aside from him accounts for 176 carries for 545 yards and 8 touchdowns. So as you can see the rest of the team averages just around 3 yards per carry where he averages close to 6 yards per carry.

- It doesn't look they do too much as far as special teams. They haven't had a punt or kick return for a touchdown. They are 3 for 3 on field goals but have missed 4 extra point attempts.

- As far as giving away the ball they have had 6 interceptions and 9 fumbles. In wins against Riverdale and Antioch didn't have any turnovers. They had 3 turnovers against Ravenwood and Centennial and 4 against Overton all losses. So they had 10 turnovers in the 3 losses and 5 turnovers in the 4 wins. 

- This team is a very good team defensively. Like I mentioned in this thread they have only allowed more than 24 points once this season and that was against Overton and that looks like it was mostly from turnovers.

They have recovered 21 fumbles and 5 interceptions. They have came away from every game with at least 3 takeaways. They have scored twice on fumble returns.

They have 13 sacks on the season consistently getting about 2 a game.

They have several players on defense that consistently make plays

#12 Teshawn Jenkins 19 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble, 1 int

#28 Carter Nietfeld 12 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 fumble rec, 1 forced fumble, 1 blocked kick

#33 Zach Polisky 29 tackles, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble and 1 sack 1 touchdown

#7 Carter Bowman 15 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery

#54 Connor Palk 26 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 fumble recoveries 1 touchdown

This game completly depends on turnovers early in the game. WC 3 losses started with early turnovers and speacial team blunders. When these happen you can see the heads drop and you can feel the "here we go again" attitude show up for WC. Against Siegal and Station Camp there were no turnovers and the attitude was completly different. Beech, McGavock, and MJ they gave up the ball all three games early because of fumbles and speacial team blunders.

If WC can keep from having block punts, fumbles, and other offensive blunders, they win big. If they start with bad things happening they probably will not recover. Your score is probably correct and either team could be the 31.

consider "Fools Gold"