Scotts Hill @ Waverly Central

lionsfan99

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a real good game.  Saw SH in a scrimmage and they took it on the chin that day but it looks like they have turned things around and are getting things polished and are clicking now.   And Waverly.  Never have I seen them rolling like they have the last few years.  Good luck to both teams and I look for both teams to do well in the post season.

Hoping Waverly wins th region. I think this will be our toughest so far. I hope we can contain th pass game that Scott's hill is gonna bring.

SH has a good of a short passing game as I have seen. The qb will drop about two steps and shoot, works a lot like a ground and pound run game, 4 and 5 yards a play and tough to cover the receivers that quick.

I project that the winner of this game will host Jackson Christian in the first round of the playoffs and the second place team will host Trinity Christian.  SH has a 5 point victory over JC already this season and they will match up against TCA on Oct 23 at TCA.  Saw Waverly play Montgomery last night in the rain and they controlled what I would consider a fairly weak 4A school.  Waverly had two impressive wide outs.  The little running back is shifty and the freshman qb made good decisions.  Montgomery play calling was inept to say the least.   They kept running right into the strengths of the Waverly defense and never really tried to exploit the weaknesses. 

I would establish Scotts Hill as a favorite, but with the game being at Waverly, I consider it a toss up.

Pulling for the Lions of Scotts Hill and I picked them in this weeks Big Ones on the T.

Their passing attack is lethal. They have 2 very good WRs esp #9. From what I have been told he runs in the 4.5s and when they played us he looked it. Everytime he touches the ball he's a threat to take it to the house. I would kick away from him or squib kick it if I was Waverly.