District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Anyone disagree this district is pretty much fighting for third. There is only two teams with a shot to win the district Cheatham and White House. Austin Douglas can single handily win his team a game. They return 4 if not 5 starters from a team that has lost a whole 6 games in 2 years They have two shooters if left open go ahead and add 3 points to the board. WH on the other hand is loaded with depth and they all can play. Led by a SR pg who just might be the best TRUE pg in Middle TN. Without a doubt has the best court vision in the area if not in the state.(Not an exaggeration) strong impossible to move him or knock him off balance. If he stays healthy there's no telling the assist numbers he could end up with at the end of the year. They also have two Jr. who can flat out play, both capable of thirty or forty point nights. Both will avg 20 a game. And after that they are loaded with a deep sophomore class and probably two freshman that can score at will. Heard they both had great summers as freshman. Should be a dog fight for the 1 seed. The seasoned veterans who have been there and done that or the young guns who feel like their time is now!!

Cheatham

Harpeth

Greenbrier

Westmoreland

White House

Sycamore

WHHeritage

These are the teams of 9AA.

Cheatham (2) will be good don't have an argument for that. How good...that is the question. depends on how much they have worked over the summer and how well they can run their stuff against tough defense.

White House(3) I for the life of me cant figure out the two players from White House that you think are probable 30-40 point scorers. I have an Idea but don't think they are THAT fluid. They have a good team and will be a tough out this yr for any 9 AA team.

Westmoreland(5) is always scrappy/tough physical team but I agree not the cream of the crop this year.

Sycamore(6) has some players, one in particular that is smooth and can score but a weak team overall I believe .500 at best.

Harpeth(4) lost I think two key players from last years team that was very scrappy. don't really know what to expect from them...Well coached, very demanding coach that might be able to have them ready to play.

Greenbrier (7) will have to prove themselves this year,  lost one of their pure shooters from a weak team last year. Idk? 

WHHeritage (1) One of the losses Cheatham had last year came from WHHeritage a home loss for Cheatham. That was with 4 Sophomores playing significant minutes.Better open your Eyes to a Heritage team that is loaded with a Junior class that won the County Championship as 8th graders. They are all now bigger,faster and primed to showcase their talent this year. 

Should be a great Season.  I for one am ready for some Basketball !  

Cheatham

Harpeth

Greenbrier

Westmoreland

White House

Sycamore

WHHeritage

These are the teams of 9AA.

Cheatham (2) will be good don't have an argument for that. How good...that is the question. depends on how much they have worked over the summer and how well they can run their stuff against tough defense.

White House(3) I for the life of me cant figure out the two players from White House that you think are probable 30-40 point scorers. I have an Idea but don't think they are THAT fluid. They have a good team and will be a tough out this yr for any 9 AA team.

Westmoreland(5) is always scrappy/tough physical team but I agree not the cream of the crop this year.

Sycamore(6) has some players, one in particular that is smooth and can score but a weak team overall I believe .500 at best.

Harpeth(4) lost I think two key players from last years team that was very scrappy. don't really know what to expect from them...Well coached, very demanding coach that might be able to have them ready to play.

Greenbrier (7) will have to prove themselves this year,  lost one of their pure shooters from a weak team last year. Idk? 

WHHeritage (1) One of the losses Cheatham had last year came from WHHeritage a home loss for Cheatham. That was with 4 Sophomores playing significant minutes.Better open your Eyes to a Heritage team that is loaded with a Junior class that won the County Championship as 8th graders. They are all now bigger,faster and primed to showcase their talent this year. 

Should be a great Season.  I for one am ready for some Basketball !  

Idk their names for the JRs at WH but the film I saw they wore number 3 and 51 both had 25 point games as sophs, seeing limited time to a team full of SR. I have them finishing 2nd to cheatham. Heritage film I watched isn't all that impressive, run set after set after set after set. And against a defense that as any clue at all they can not get started with their sets. I have them 4th at best. It will be tough to win the district with 6 losses. New blue must be a heritage homer. A player or parent to a kid playing. My guess is one of the JRs since he singled out that class of how great they are. Correct me if I am wrong the County Championship in 8th grade is middle school... That is a ways back. Basketball is a what have you done for me lately sport. 

1.CC

2.WH

3.Harpeth 

4.Heritage

5.Sycamore

6.Greenbrier

7.Westmoreland

Anyone disagree this district is pretty much fighting for third. There is only two teams with a shot to win the district Cheatham and White House. Austin Douglas can single handily win his team a game. They return 4 if not 5 starters from a team that has lost a whole 6 games in 2 years They have two shooters if left open go ahead and add 3 points to the board. WH on the other hand is loaded with depth and they all can play. Led by a SR pg who just might be the best TRUE pg in Middle TN. Without a doubt has the best court vision in the area if not in the state.(Not an exaggeration) strong impossible to move him or knock him off balance. If he stays healthy there's no telling the assist numbers he could end up with at the end of the year. They also have two Jr. who can flat out play, both capable of thirty or forty point nights. Both will avg 20 a game. And after that they are loaded with a deep sophomore class and probably two freshman that can score at will. Heard they both had great summers as freshman. Should be a dog fight for the 1 seed. The seasoned veterans who have been there and done that or the young guns who feel like their time is now!!

this post is full of exaggeration. Pg from White House is a good ball player not even close to one of the best in the midstate. 2 players avg 20 ppg you either play extremely fast or you have 2 outstanding ball players. Stats in highschool are overrated you have teams that run and shoot and u have teams that will slow it down. I will say they have a solid young assistant coach that will take over that program and get them back to the sub states and state tourneys like the 2005-2008 teams. Austin from Cheatam will win mvp and lead cheatam to more post season success. Wh-Heritage will be there as well.

Predictions

1.CC

2.WH-Heritage

3.WH

4.Harpeth

5.Syc

6.West

7.Green

• Upvote 1

Here are my thoughts . Chetham losing the 6'5 guy does not hurt much . He was garbage . Douglas now has more room to operate . Heritage unless they have adopted a new style or new coach , can't see that team finishing better than 4th . Greenbrier in trouble but can only go up from last year . Harpeth will always be well coached and have shooters and play great D . Scarey team is sycamore if they get any help for #10 best player for his size . White House is very deep ? They did lose one of the two freshman over the summer . 30 or 40 a night is a stretch for anyone in the district . Now maybe on one night someone could score 30 or 40 . As for averaging 20 that would be a stretch for WH player since they will play 12 players the point guard is special but he turns it over a lot . 10-15 assists a night will be the norm . Can he keep his assist to 3 or less will determine his teams chances of advancing in the region . Saying all that CC is the team to beat . Douglas is hard to handle . You need someone that will take a charge and put him in foul trouble . They have great shooters but are not well coached in my opinion . They never made it to sub state with any of those great teams . Long way to the end a lot of things can happen . Right now CC And WH look to be way ahead of everyone . Sycamore the wildcard .

Sycamore will be better than people think. Brown, bailey and James will be tough on the wings. If they get some interior rebounding and defense they will be solid. Cheatham only returns 2 starters in Douglas and Goode. Gaines(the big boy) and Caleb Johnson ,both were all district 1st team last year, are gone for the season. Disciplinary issues. Harpeth will be down but TC newton is still around and plays hard. Harpeth a coach has yet to beat cheatham in 2 or 3 years and I don't see that changing this season.