District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Whitehouse ran the district for 4-5 years straight from 05-09 something like that 3 straight sub states and a state tournament then dropped off for a couple years. Unless your maryville in football or a school that can recruit you don't reload. You rebuild. You all will be solid but White House will win the next 3 district championships. But good luck to y'all tonight! Hope to see someone from the district represent and take region!

9aa can't hang with 10aa this year that's a proven. If bo hodges doesn't leave which he transfers so much it's a possibility then maple wood will be obvious favorites for region next year. But WH will compete next year for a region championship. Jared Ward is coming into his own and his ole running mate will hopefully come home next year. Btw his un named running mate that will hopefully come back next year would of been white houses best player this year had he stayed. That's a if. But if he doesn't come back White House will still compete strong. If he does come back watch out!!

The biggest problem with 9AA is that they have to play each other all year . No comparison to 10AA . Jared ward not bad as a freshman how he works to his sophmore year will be a big question to answer . Definitely couldn't compete against East lit , Only looked like Two players could and he was a freshman . WH talent level should be better than CC next year but until you knock them off CC is the team to beat . Rumor Bo going to east lit . How dumb I wonder how Bo feels playing at a different school every year . Hey Dad let your kid live his life and not be a pawn . If I was a major college recruiter this would be a red flag . I guess people with money only care about one thing and it's definitely not their kids happiness . Done with that rant . As for jared running mate he is already with him and getting better every day . For the player in question and saying if he was there would be the best player on WH team is one of the dimbest statements i heard . He could not even make it to the bench on station camp team . He would have been hard pressed to have found the floor on WH team cause of his lack of understanding structure . Don't get me wrong he has good street ball skills needs to work on shooting range and understanding and learning plays . A year out of the WH system hurts most kids . I always see setbacks which I question other schools practices and what they are teaching . Bo and Austin show be there with bells on .

The biggest problem with 9AA is that they have to play each other all year . No comparison to 10AA . Jared ward not bad as a freshman how he works to his sophmore year will be a big question to answer . Definitely couldn't compete against East lit , Only looked like Two players could and he was a freshman . WH talent level should be better than CC next year but until you knock them off CC is the team to beat . Rumor Bo going to east lit . How dumb I wonder how Bo feels playing at a different school every year . Hey Dad let your kid live his life and not be a pawn . If I was a major college recruiter this would be a red flag . I guess people with money only care about one thing and it's definitely not their kids happiness . Done with that rant . As for jared running mate he is already with him and getting better every day . For the player in question and saying if he was there would be the best player on WH team is one of the dimbest statements i heard . He could not even make it to the bench on station camp team . He would have been hard pressed to have found the floor on WH team cause of his lack of understanding structure . Don't get me wrong he has good street ball skills needs to work on shooting range and understanding and learning plays . A year out of the WH system hurts most kids . I always see setbacks which I question other schools practices and what they are teaching . Bo and Austin show be there with bells on .

you make good points. but station camp is 32-1 playing AAA ball and massey has them very disciplined. Rather someone wants to admit it or not AAA ball is faster and better. I think that is probably the problem with why he isn't dressing varsity. He Ward and other freshman see the court at WH he would hands down start. He made a horrible decision leaving for SC, hopefully he comes back. AAA ball is very different from AA

Cheatham will win it again next year. If the last 5 years tell you anything it's that they don't "rebuild" but instead they "reload" in Ashland City. They lost Brinkley, Conner, Potts, Bose, etc. and still won. They lost Harlan, Saunders, etc. and have continued to win. They'll lose Douglass, Goode, and Lipscomb and they'll keep on winning. Chalunsak, Harlan, Jenkins, Saunders, Mayberry, etc. are all back next year. There are some guys at CCCHS who may not play basketball who will probably play next year and be studs. Trust me when I say the Cubs will still be the team to beat in the district next year.

I don't see it, but who knows.  I mean the rest of 9AA went down by 23, 26 and 36 pts  in regions while Cheatham won by 9.  Might not be that hard of a district to win.  Maybe next year, but the cycle usually comes back around.  I haven't seen any middle school phenoms for the Cubs.  I miss 11AA anyway.  Cheatham and Creek Wood slugging it out would have been more entertaining in the stands and on the message boards.  I struggle with the rivalry aspects of this district outside of the 3 Cheatham County teams.  I hope they realign to match football.

Edited by ksgovols

I agree AAA is different . Some assistants might start him but head coach starts players that he can run plays with and the player did not remember plays well that has to improve for him to start for that head coach .

well hopefully he can get better in that he can remember plays. but the kid has a bright future if he can get in the right system. 

Cheatham will win it again next year. If the last 5 years tell you anything it's that they don't "rebuild" but instead they "reload" in Ashland City. They lost Brinkley, Conner, Potts, Bose, etc. and still won. They lost Harlan, Saunders, etc. and have continued to win. They'll lose Douglass, Goode, and Lipscomb and they'll keep on winning. Chalunsak, Harlan, Jenkins, Saunders, Mayberry, etc. are all back next year. There are some guys at CCCHS who may not play basketball who will probably play next year and be studs. Trust me when I say the Cubs will still be the team to beat in the district next year.

Edited by Bamapappy

JJ I know your a cub fan like myself but they will be down for awhile. Those are good kids you listed coming back but none are AAU type studs who can carry a team. None of this kids made any significance in last nights game against Maplewood and that's the level they need to be at to survive and advance during tournaments.