District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

Point being this district is very much up for grabs this season. Had cheatham not lost the 2 I would say cubs easily. They will have a lot harder time going for the 4 peat

They've already won four straight district titles. They are going for five this time and will get it going away. Good Luck to Coach Stuart and the Cubs!

I would have to agree that the Brown kid from Sycamore can really play, may be 1 of the top 2 guards in district, along with the kid from WH. Saw them in a summer game and he has great pace and court vision, but very out of control. AS far as best team goes I also gotta agree that Cheatham is the team on top until someone can come in and knock them off. There previous seasons speak about the type of good things they have going on there not to mention Douglas may very well be MVP of district. However, with greenbriar and Heritage being down this year with Harpeth, I think that WH has a great chance to make moves this season after finishing 3rd last year in regular season. Even though they are young, they play hard and seem to grasp what their new coaches are putting in. The spot for third id wide open I think for Harpeth and Sycamore and maybe Heritage if they can win some close games, think their best player was dismissed last week for displinary reasons which will take away their scoring and hinder them even more on defense. This district is up for grabs for wheover can get it together nad knock off the tops dogs. 

Heritage scrimmaged Stratford... pretty much played them even.Scorboard was not working in their gym. Strat still has boys in football playoffs though. I would Imagine they will be much tougher when the beef comes around. White House scrimmaged Hendersonville on the 10th< I did not hear a score ??  I'm sure they are enjoying having ALL the players on the team at this time of year. Heritage has not had any dismissals. Who else is playing, how are you looking.  come on

I have heard from a reliable source that White House looked awful against Hendersonville and beech but played Hill wood tough in scrimmages. He told me they had two hall of fame games in same night . Lexington and JP2 . Then their next game is maplewood . Rough way to start . Will pay dividends for them if kids realize this competition will only make playing 9aa competition a breeze . I just looked at their pre district schedule , pretty tough . I might actually have to drive up and see a few of their games . They play against both Bo Malone and that top center from Lexington . I heard two starters for heritage were lost one going to alternative school and one got caught with inapproiate pictures in his phone . You know how rumors go though .

Hello all!! it is that time again !!! Should be an exciting season in 9aa.

My  predictions: I usually like to wait until some HOC games have been played.

1)Cheatham/White house

3)Heritage

4)Sycamore

5)Harpeth

6)Westmoreland

7) Greenbrier

Have been hearing rumors as well about all these various teams losing players, we shall see once the actual boxscores come out on who has lost who.

I agree with everyone if you are defending champs, then someone has to come take it from you before you are not the favorite. Based off some things I have heard and saw this summer I think White House might just be poised to do so.

NewBlue - I was told the score in the hendersonville scrimmage was 59-54 hendersonville.

I also heard that White House played Hillwood tough and Beech kinda put it on them in a three team scrimmage where halves were played, with teams rotating.

Was it White House or heritage who had kids kicked off around christmas? does anyone know that answer maybe the guy with wh logo or the homer from heritage. I heard something about that? Also if cheatham dismissed players from last years team they are in trouble! douglas cant do it by himself, maybe against some teams he can but he cant win it all. Heard from a hendersonville friend that is associated with the beech program that wh would be 500 easy in the beech district and should have no problem in AA for years to come. and that heritage has a big boy thats really good! Also i agree about Brown from sycamore i thought he was a sr last year, he can score at will but again i hear hes the only one there. Cant do it by himself. And if that WH schedule is true for the first of the year...thats a heck of schedule to have to fall back on in this district..I will be in attendance for the hall of fame games at JPII. See if this wh hype is real or not. See if they will run or play slow down old white house ball when we had to play them back in the day...scores in the 40s. Also is the older coach, Coach smith still there? is that the save coach smith that won state championships at MBA or BGA or one of those schools?

Douglas is by far the best player in the district, although Brown and Baker are special players at Sycamore. Saw them scrimmage last week and Sycamore has some new athletes that didn't play last year. I think they will give teams fits this year with a strangling defense and a lot of shooters off the bench. Word is that Brown and Douglas are both being looked at hard by Belmont. Should be a fun season!

Anybody know the schedule at JP2 Tuesday ? Since in my neck of the woods, might try to catch some action .

NOVEMBER 17, 2015
WHITEHOUSE VS LEXINGTON (HOF)
POPE JOHN PAUL II HIGH SCHOOL, 117 CALDWELL DRIVE, HENDERSONVILLE, TN 37075, UNITED STATES
11/17 @ 4:30 PM
BASKETBALL BOYS VS WHITEHOUSE (HOF)
POPE JOHN PAUL II HIGH SCHOOL, 117 CALDWELL DRIVE, HENDERSONVILLE, TN 37075, UNITED STATES
11/17 @ 7:30 PM
BASKETBALL BOYS VS LEXINGTON (HOF)
11/17 @ 6:00 PM

thats from pope school page

sounds like WH has got their hands full this tuesday. Just read an article on preseason basketball in the midstate area. looks like it doesn't really matter who win in this district, they have no shot in heck on beating a Pearl Cohn team who returns 3 starters from a 28-3 record lastyear. While district dominance is way to start, in grand scheme of things being top team in district doens;t mean anything when trying to get to the glass house in the boro. Gnna be a good season.

WHHeritage will scrimmage MBA on 11/17.  

HOF game at Clarksville Academy Thursday 19th.

Then pre district schedule is similarly difficult to WH.  Playing Springfield, East Lit, Pearl Cohn and Hume-Fogg all before Dec 4/ should make playing District games feel a little better after that tough stretch of games.  Maybe slip a win in on PC prior to football players returning to team.  Not really sure how many starters actually play fb.

Other teams first games? Tough or not?