District 9 AA Thoughts

thebasketballGURU

sorry guys ive been out of town with the family/and work! but i saw some of the scores! shocking to say the least this district is so in limbo right now i couldnt tell you who is who. Im not sure if any team is playing how anyone expected. is westmoreland for real who knows, is heritage really that bad i dont believe so, but then again they could be. greenbrier a 3 point loss to harpeth, is that harpeth playing bad or greenbrier turning it around who knows man! its a crazy district the only thing i do know is whoever wins this thing in the regular season is the true winner cause at this point anyone could beat anyone in the first round and with only seven teams winner automatic bid to the region where we are...which is going the way everyone thought so far. I am really entertained by the scores on this side (crazy) 

now to address some people

new cat on here Truth...has some bold points not too bad. hard to have real truths picking these games with these teams! who shows up who just is there what coach gets the best out of his team when they need it

bomber out here destroying new blue...i wasnt at the game between wh and heritage, but its interesting to see them go back and forth with it... i dont think they have 2 6'5 guys...but if they do and they have only won one game thats a shame on that coach and those players in that district. i am willing to bet no team has anyone bigger than 6'5 in the district and they have 2?

tonight ill take 

cheatham over harpeth might be close idk

hendersonville over heritage with in 4 points

give me westmoreland over sycamore playing too good not to go with them...call it 6 point game

white house over greenbrier no point prediction here. could be +20 could be 1. greenbrier gets the lead it will be low scoring

Why Everyone being quiet now????

I guess I was 50% on my truths for Tuesday and also forgot about the harpeth sycamore game. 

But in saying that here are the Standings as of now in district 9-AA.

1) Westmoreland 1-0 (after beating cheatham at the buzzer ) Continue to show they are the real deal !!

1) Harpeth 1-0 after beating Sycamore @ sycamore Tuesday night

1) White House 1-0 after beating Heritage @ heritage Tuesday night

4) Cheatham county 0-1

4) Heritage 0-1

4) Sycamore 0-1

5) Greenbrier only team to not have played a district game yet!!

District Games this Friday, who ya got??

Westmoreland @ WH-Heritage - I feel will be another close game. Just feel heritage is due a win and playing at home an advantage.

Greenbrier @ Harpeth - I got harpeth winning this one by double digits...TRUTH

White House @ Sycamore- I got White House winning this one by ten, unless that man Matt Brown has a fantastic 25+ night.......TRUTH

you didnt do so well boss...haha 

heritage wasnt due, no double digit win for harpeth, and wh definitely didnt win by ten. idk how many brown had but if they won i but he had 30 or so

i like the Truth Man

you didnt do so well boss...haha 

heritage wasnt due, no double digit win for harpeth, and wh definitely didnt win by ten. idk how many brown had but if they won i but he had 30 or so

i like the Truth Man

hahaha welcome back guru have missed reading your analysis....TRUTH

and your right wasn't so good predicting except didn't have a truth after westmoreland and heritage because I didn't know

and I think Brown had like 28 which was my exception in my truth so not too too far off....

I have Cheatham as well tonight, but as you said in your post who really knows

Westmoreland has performed well this year against teams with one star player... Cheatham, Portland, Hendersonville (Before footballers) and so on so I think they will more than likely beat sycamore in a close one but never know.....

White House will win tonight at Home, especially if game is above 55.......TRUTH

And Heritage will lose tonight at Hendersonville.....TRUTH

Would have liked to have seen the Cheatham/Harpeth game. I have seen Cheatham this year at the Spring Hill game.  They are an above average team but only because of one player nothing really special after that...they do rebound exceptionally well as a team though. Beatable . Cheatham gets the win over Harpeth by 3. Just not the powerhouse 4 time district champ quality win I would expect.  Seems like the entire district is incredibly equally I think it will come down to who continually improves as a team over the course of the season. Some teams I believe are playing about as good as they will be now and will get passed in the end.

White House wins by 10 over a Greenbrier team that had 9 players in the scoring column looks like Greenbrier might be coming around and finding the players that will play night in and night out. WH only really has one player who is consistently scoring. Until they get solid scoring from others they will always have a chance to get beat. But that can be said for all teams.

Heritage gets a gritty win over Hendersonville in overtime, truth ya missed one man.  Guru I take everything that bomber shells out with a grain of salt...obviously a WH homer and # 22 who he says is "awful" dominated the bigs from Hville in the paint last night. ehhh I say Heritage will come around and surprise a few teams yet.  Too much talent to stay down the entire season. Had Westmoreland down big at halftime then 3rd quarter doom...Heritage should have won easily. Normal Top scorer for WHH only had 2 points and didn't play the entire 4th.

Friday games:

Cheatham vs White House

WHHeritage vs Harpeth

Greenbrier vs Westmoreland

Sycamore idk who they play.

I'm not making any predictions until these teams show something...because right now I just don't know. Maybe some good games though.

Would have liked to have seen the Cheatham/Harpeth game. I have seen Cheatham this year at the Spring Hill game.  They are an above average team but only because of one player nothing really special after that...they do rebound exceptionally well as a team though. Beatable . Cheatham gets the win over Harpeth by 3. Just not the powerhouse 4 time district champ quality win I would expect.  Seems like the entire district is incredibly equally I think it will come down to who continually improves as a team over the course of the season. Some teams I believe are playing about as good as they will be now and will get passed in the end.

White House wins by 10 over a Greenbrier team that had 9 players in the scoring column looks like Greenbrier might be coming around and finding the players that will play night in and night out. WH only really has one player who is consistently scoring. Until they get solid scoring from others they will always have a chance to get beat. But that can be said for all teams.

Heritage gets a gritty win over Hendersonville in overtime, truth ya missed one man.  Guru I take everything that bomber shells out with a grain of salt...obviously a WH homer and # 22 who he says is "awful" dominated the bigs from Hville in the paint last night. ehhh I say Heritage will come around and surprise a few teams yet.  Too much talent to stay down the entire season. Had Westmoreland down big at halftime then 3rd quarter doom...Heritage should have won easily. Normal Top scorer for WHH only had 2 points and didn't play the entire 4th.

Friday games:

Cheatham vs White House

WHHeritage vs Harpeth

Greenbrier vs Westmoreland

Sycamore idk who they play.

I'm not making any predictions until these teams show something...because right now I just don't know. Maybe some good games though.

I know I am about 50% this year on my truths in this forum :/

Hendersonville is down this year but a 9-AAA win always a good win for a AA team.....TRUTH

I will have to agree that the teams are seemingly pretty equal, could be one of those years that you need to protect your home court want any chance at the regular season title......TRUTH

That could be huge this year since the 1st place regular season team gets a bye to the region which could pay off big time since the district this year I have heard is no longer on a "neutral" vol state court......TRUTH

I feel I shouldn't make any predictions either , but I will with no Truths  :blush:

Westmoreland vs. Greenbrier ----HMMM almost will bet money this game will be a race to 50 points ....TRUTH   Westmoreland should win though even though Greenbrier has had a better district showing then most expected.....

Cheatham @ White House----A must win for cheatham IMO if they wanna win the district outright. I got White House at home where the schedule says they are 3-1.

Where is the White House-Heritage Game NewBlue??  Could be a determining factor of who wins that game. I feel will be another toss up 5 point game.

Heritage plays AT Harpeth.

Also, prob a must win for White House for the same reason. It is a huge early game for both. Watching both of these teams, I would say Cheatham has more team hustle especially on defense. WH will have their hands full with the man d Cheatham swarms you with. This game could be another High scoring event for em. Cheatham will push every single time off offensive rebounds. Will be good!!

Heritage needs a signature win in the district...a win vs Harpeth would be a step in the right direction. Back to back wins would be a great confidence builder as well. don't be surprised if they get it.

New blue calling me a homer . How funny I don't even have a dog in the fight just being objective. You are the full time homer . If your big guy dominating HVille bigs good for him . He was a no show against WH who has no bigs . They just have shooters and slashers . Until heritage beats someone at the top of the district they won't get my respect . I will agree with you on the district it's not very talented . Brown and Douglass then it drops off from there . I would say Douglas has a better supporting cast . Harpeth and westmoreland play the best team ball . The winner will have 3 losses at the end maybe more . In my opinion . One of these four teams harpeth westmoreland WH Chetham . I have seen all 7 treats now . The other 3 will battle for the last 3 spots .

I got to see the White House/Cheatco. game last night.  Thought the Devils would put a better fight than they did.  Cheatham had their way with them.  The high pace of the game played into Cheatham's hands I thought.  Douglas was as advertised and more.  Scored from 3 land and everywhere in between.  I believe he had 40 pts. against the Blue Devils.  It will be interesting to see who gets the MVP between him and Brown.  Probably whomever's team does best.  Box and 1 might work on Douglas, but he's gonna get 20+ a game.  If you can hold him to 20 or below, you have a chance.  I wonder how many he had in their loss aganist Westmoreland. 

Edited by Cleggy

Right now all of White House is lost . Chetham is hands down the best team . I was surprised at the effort from the blue devils . They just look like they are going thru the motions . They don't have a leader . Their point guard is getting worse . That is about the 5th game I have seen . He forces way too much . Box and 1 would not work on Douglas he is too smart and too athletic . You just have to double and make all other 4 beat you he is mvp hands down and a candidate for mr basketball . Sadly hard to play at the next level . Maybe NAIA

Right now all of White House is lost . Chetham is hands down the best team . I was surprised at the effort from the blue devils . They just look like they are going thru the motions . They don't have a leader . Their point guard is getting worse . That is about the 5th game I have seen . He forces way too much . Box and 1 would not work on Douglas he is too smart and too athletic . You just have to double and make all other 4 beat you he is mvp hands down and a candidate for mr basketball . Sadly hard to play at the next level . Maybe NAIA

i agree with you B52 about Douglas's ability to play in college, just not in the upper divisions.  NAIA, Juco, and D-3 would be a fit for him.  That's not knocking him in any way.  It's a tremendous achievement for any of them to play after high school.  The talent gap narrows and you cant get by on physically dominating inferior athletes.  Other than the tech he got, i thought he played great.