William Blount football 2016

Governm

is the talent there? If so, Shad can win

We have talent, but the strength and conditioning program hasn't been very good and a lot of the players end up playing both ways That's not a recipe for success. Last year the Govs were in almost every region game or even had a lead at halftime, but they got killed in the 2nd half of games. The Bradley Central game is a perfect example of this. Bradley led 31-21 at halftime, but the final score ended up being 59-21. That was the way the whole season went for us. With an improved strength and conditioning  program and 90+ players dressed out (compared to the 48 from last year)  we should be much more competitive this year. 

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the strength and conditioning coach that was at WB when they were good under Meadows ended up going to Alcoa. At least that's what i've heard. Anyone who has seen Alcoa play can tell that Alcoa has a great conditioning program.  That should give you an idea why things went down hill for WB after Meadows left.

We have talent, but the strength and conditioning program hasn't been very good and a lot of the players end up playing both ways That's not a recipe for success. Last year the Govs were in almost every region game or even had a lead at halftime, but they got killed in the 2nd half of games. The Bradley Central game is a perfect example of this. Bradley led 31-21 at halftime, but the final score ended up being 59-21. That was the way the whole season went for us. With an improved strength and conditioning  program and 90+ players dressed out (compared to the 48 from last year)  we should be much more competitive this year. 

Great to hear that many are out for football. Last year was a learning process for both sides and so many distractions from A to Z which have died down and gone away. Look forward to spring games coming up soon.

Great to hear that many are out for football. Last year was a learning process for both sides and so many distractions from A to Z which have died down and gone away. Look forward to spring games coming up soon.

Yep. One of the biggest reasons we'll have a bigger team is because there were 35 kids on the freshman team and we only lost about 10 to graduation. So that's about 25 kids we picked up from the freshman team rotating to the friday night squad. The coaches also recruited some from the hallways and other sports too. I hope that trend continues.

Some of the boys have already made big gains in the weight room. I'm talking 15+ pounds of muscle. It will be interesting to see how much we improve this season.

That's not normal. I wonder if Big Shad Daddy has 'em on that juice? Somebody from TSSAA might need to investigate that. I've known guys to be in a HS weight program for 2 years who don't even put on 15 pounds of muscle in 2 years, let alone one. Shad may have em boys juicing up, son. I'd keep a keen eye on that, bruh. Edited by SweetScience

That's not normal. I wonder if Big Shad Daddy has 'em on that juice? Somebody from TSSAA might need to investigate that. I've known guys to be in a HS weight program for 2 years who don't even put on 15 pounds of muscle in 2 years, let alone one. Shad may have em boys juicing up, son. I'd keep a keen eye on that, bruh.

He better get some new juice. During basketball season 91 reported gains of 20+ pounds of muscle.