Clarksville hoops

Bamapappy

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably RHS.  I am afraid that CHS is not as good as originally thought.  

Yeah, I think the loss of the Silvers kid to Northwest has had a bigger impact than some may have anticipated. Last night was a great crowd and atmosphere, it was well officiated and just a really good basketball game. Both teams played hard, down to the wire, Rossview made the plays down the stretch that needed to be made... free throws, big rebounds, etc. But an entertaining game! Congrats to the Hawks! 1-0 in District 10AAA, with so much parity in the district, every win is critical. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rossview got the W last night at Dickson.  Uninspired first half resulted in a 10pt deficit for the Hawks at halftime even with Allen playing in his first game.  

Coach Jackson saw it necessary to sub the entire starting five a couple minutes into the 3rd quarter after witnessing the same lax style of play by the starters....and I couldn't agree more with his decision!  

The bench provided an awesome spark, drawing fouls, creating turnovers and reminding the starters what some hustle and desire to win can bring.  Put the starters back in and they brought the pain. Shared the ball,  buckled down on defense, grabbed rebounds....in short showed some teamwork.

Nice job Hawks--fun to watch!

• 4 weeks later...

First of all, congratulations to Rossview ladies coach Woods and Rossview boys coach Jackson and their teams being recognized as midstate top 10 teams!  Both programs are shining examples of leadership and class from top to bottom.

https://shar.es/16Ea8n

Secondly, if you have a basketball-loving bone in your body then you need to show up for the Rossview boys vs Kenwood boys matchup tonight to determine first place for 10 AAA.  Tip-off 7:30 pm

First of all, congratulations to Rossview ladies coach Woods and Rossview boys coach Jackson and their teams being recognized as midstate top 10 teams!  Both programs are shining examples of leadership and class from top to bottom.

https://shar.es/16Ea8n

Secondly, if you have a basketball-loving bone in your body then you need to show up for the Rossview boys vs Kenwood boys matchup tonight to determine first place for 10 AAA.  Tip-off 7:30 pm

Goob,

I appreciate the shoutout and the kind words! Its been a fun year so far! Like you, I am very excited to watch this boys game tonight. Johnny and the boys upset Kenwood at their place last year. Hopefully, they can work some magic again tonight! I am looking forward to a great matchup tonight at the Wood!

• 3 weeks later...