Riverside Jeff Robertson has resigned

TennesseeVol

Not sure if you were agreeing or being contradictory, but being elected to the school board and qualifying for a teaching career are very different animals. One would think that if all the people of Decatur County care as much about football as the posters on this thread, a football coach would be on the top of their priority list, but sadly that isn't the case. Pretty sad that they knew the head coach is retiring but instead of taking aggressive action to hire a coach, they refuse his resignation and wait one month before discussing the job. If what was posted on here about the low coaching supplement is true, and you add that to them not even having their own field and having to share with the middle school, one feeder school, and basic lack of athletes, they are lucky that the current assistant coach even wants the job. I doubt many people even apply.

Not sure if you were agreeing or being contradictory, but being elected to the school board and qualifying for a teaching career are very different animals. One would think that if all the people of Decatur County care as much about football as the posters on this thread, a football coach would be on the top of their priority list, but sadly that isn't the case. Pretty sad that they knew the head coach is retiring but instead of taking aggressive action to hire a coach, they refuse his resignation and wait one month before discussing the job. If what was posted on here about the low coaching supplement is true, and you add that to them not even having their own field and having to share with the middle school, one feeder school, and basic lack of athletes, they are lucky that the current assistant coach even wants the job. I doubt many people even apply.

how many high schools don't share their field with jr high around here?

Not prepared to get into someone's personal or moral issues on a public message board, but qualifications were not in question.

Thing about it is, a bad year in Decatur Co. is better than a good year in Viking Country. 

It's official, a few rumors here and there were swirling around that Robertson will not be the head coach for the Panthers in 2016. Robertson will still remain as the schools athletic director. Jeff went 17-16 as the head coach for Riverside and made the playoffs in all 3 seasons. Robertson career record as a head coach was 51-57 in 10 seasons (two stints at Riverside and he was the first ever coach at Liberty).

Riverside went 4-7 this season, losing to McKenzie in the first round of the playoffs.

17-16 in 3 seasons and played in the playoffs every year. What a terrible district/region

17-16 in 3 seasons and played in the playoffs every year. What a terrible district/region

Riverside had a weird season. All of Riverside losses were by 21 or more points. All of Riverside wins were by 25 or more points with the exception of Lewis County (14-0).  The 4 games that the Panthers won, they had a combined record of 10-31. All of their games didn't come down to the last minute. With the old playoff format, any team that wins 4 games has a good shot in making the playoffs. Really don't know how good their district is now.

If I am Riverside (the people that are making the hire), I would recommend that young coach. A coach that understands that football is just a game. We all know Decatur County has been through a lot over the last few years. I can't imagine going through what they have been through. They need some positivity in that town. That can happened when the citizens of Parsons are looking forward to watching their Panthers win on Friday night, it can bring a community together. We have all seen that! Riverside has the potential to do that, if they want to do that, they might need to start opening up the checkbook just a little bit.

I personally don't think Comer is the right guy, we all know he is getting up there in age and it wouldn't shock me if he retires from coaching by the year 2020.

Riverside had a weird season. All of Riverside losses were by 21 or more points. All of Riverside wins were by 25 or more points with the exception of Lewis County (14-0). The 4 games that the Panthers won, they had a combined record of 10-31. All of their games didn't come down to the last minute. With the old playoff format, any team that wins 4 games has a good shot in making the playoffs. Really don't know how good their district is now.

If I am Riverside (the people that are making the hire), I would recommend that young coach. A coach that understands that football is just a game. We all know Decatur County has been through a lot over the last few years. I can't imagine going through what they have been through. They need some positivity in that town. That can happened when the citizens of Parsons are looking forward to watching their Panthers win on Friday night, it can bring a community together. We have all seen that! Riverside has the potential to do that, if they want to do that, they might need to start opening up the checkbook just a little bit.

I personally don't think Comer is the right guy, we all know he is getting up there in age and it wouldn't shock me if he retires from coaching by the year 2020.

Alot of what you said appears to be true. I disagree with the last paragraph. If you have the opportunity to get a coach of Comer's caliber you better take him. Five years under him would be big step in the right direction. That being said I am not sure if you can get him this season. I hear his daughter is going to be a senior.

Alot of what you said appears to be true. I disagree with the last paragraph. If you have the opportunity to get a coach of Comer's caliber you better take him. Five years under him would be big step in the right direction. That being said I am not sure if you can get him this season. I hear his daughter is going to be a senior.

So, is Riverside just waiting for they guy they want to apply?