McNairy

mcnairy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of two seasons he only had one "impressive" win and that was this season against McNairy Central. All the other games that the Bobcats won, they were favored. He said in the jacksonsun.com "The program is in the best shape it's been in for the last six or seven years because the facilities are where they need to be and all the BAD APPLES are gone."

What made him feel different than the other previous coaches? He acted like he won something big but only won 6 games in 2 seasons.

In that same Jackson Sun article, he made the statement, "I came in hoping my work ethic, football knowledge, and passion would bleed over into the kids and it didn't. " Honestly, I had mixed emotions about him being pushed to resign and was riding the fence , but jumped quickly off after reading the article. And the facilities are where they need to be......I'm gonna be first in line to call BS! Our place was by far the worst field we played on all year! Heck we only four home games and only got the field painted two of them. Not to mention the two games that the field didn't get painted was homecoming and senior night. The two biggest crowds! Well coach, I'm not alone when I say our playing field is embarrassing so don't flatter yourself telling how much you done to better the place! you can drive by anytime and see for yourself. I finally am assured you just wasn't close to the guy that we thought we had. Sorry

I never liked his sideline rants and tantrums and disagreed with many decisions that he made, but always tried giving him the benefit of the doubt because ultimately it was his team. Because I understand that repairing this program is a tall task and knowing that it is going to take time, I tried to be patient with him. I just remained hopeful and tried to stay positive that he was the right guy for the job because the kids deserve it. I am close to many of those players that he spoke of and he's wrong for what he said. Most of those kids put their heart and soul into that program and would have done whatever he asked of them, right or wrong, with 100% effort because they simply wanna be winners. They followed their coach till the end, believing in him with all they had, striving to rebuild a broken program. It's a crying shame that they had to be slapped in the face with his selfish comments. A real coach would never throw their kids under the bus to try and make himself look better!

My sympathy now only goes out to those kids who, once again, are without a coach. For some, it will be their third coach and that is totally ridiculous! How unfair is that? How many systems are they going to have to adapt to? How many times are they going to have to go out on a limb and put their trust into someone else! It gets tougher with every new coach that is brought in and some will never be able to go "all in" after all that they have been through. Our program will never return to where it once was if we continue down this road and its a shame and disgrace that we are doing our boys this way. Next years group was the group that we have been waiting on for a few years because we knew that the talent would be enough to start turning this thing around. Sadly, its slowly but surely, being wasted because we haven't been able to get them a coach that will lead them and utilize those talents they bring.

So with all being said, Whoever that has input on the hiring of these coaches that y'all are bringing in, I hope you understand the importance of this next hire. This program is rapidly reaching a point where another bad hire would be the knockout blow! I urge you to act promptly but be thorough with your search. The kids long for that leader and its y'all's responsibility to get one hired and out there with them as soon possible. They have dealt with more than enough already!

Please, keep in mind that we can't settle for "just another Joe," its time to get it right. Its detrimental to those boys and this program. The AD needs to spend all week on the phone searching because I firmly believe the right guy will have to be sought out because there won't be many standing in line to put their applications in after all the baggage we've accumulated over the past few years. This will be a definite make or break hire with everything riding on it and it has to be addressed immediately! We need someone in place before the Christmas break, so that when those boys return to school, there will be little stability again.

If we are gonna have sympathy for somebody here, it should be the those boys that are left out there feeling confused, betrayed, hopeless, and I could go on and on. They are the ones that's suffering from this coaching circus that we have created. It's hard enough on them as it is.....relief for those guys is way overdue.

In that same Jackson Sun article, he made the statement, "I came in hoping my work ethic, football knowledge, and passion would bleed over into the kids and it didn't. " Honestly, I had mixed emotions about him being pushed to resign and was riding the fence , but jumped quickly off after reading the article. And the facilities are where they need to be......I'm gonna be first in line to call BS! Our place was by far the worst field we played on all year! Heck we only four home games and only got the field painted two of them. Not to mention the two games that the field didn't get painted was homecoming and senior night. The two biggest crowds! Well coach, I'm not alone when I say our playing field is embarrassing so don't flatter yourself telling how much you done to better the place! you can drive by anytime and see for yourself. I finally am assured you just wasn't close to the guy that we thought we had. Sorry

I never liked his sideline rants and tantrums and disagreed with many decisions that he made, but always tried giving him the benefit of the doubt because ultimately it was his team. Because I understand that repairing this program is a tall task and knowing that it is going to take time, I tried to be patient with him. I just remained hopeful and tried to stay positive that he was the right guy for the job because the kids deserve it. I am close to many of those players that he spoke of and he's wrong for what he said. Most of those kids put their heart and soul into that program and would have done whatever he asked of them, right or wrong, with 100% effort because they simply wanna be winners. They followed their coach till the end, believing in him with all they had, striving to rebuild a broken program. It's a crying shame that they had to be slapped in the face with his selfish comments. A real coach would never throw their kids under the bus to try and make himself look better!

My sympathy now only goes out to those kids who, once again, are without a coach. For some, it will be their third coach and that is totally ridiculous! How unfair is that? How many systems are they going to have to adapt to? How many times are they going to have to go out on a limb and put their trust into someone else! It gets tougher with every new coach that is brought in and some will never be able to go "all in" after all that they have been through. Our program will never return to where it once was if we continue down this road and its a shame and disgrace that we are doing our boys this way. Next years group was the group that we have been waiting on for a few years because we knew that the talent would be enough to start turning this thing around. Sadly, its slowly but surely, being wasted because we haven't been able to get them a coach that will lead them and utilize those talents they bring.

So with all being said, Whoever that has input on the hiring of these coaches that y'all are bringing in, I hope you understand the importance of this next hire. This program is rapidly reaching a point where another bad hire would be the knockout blow! I urge you to act promptly but be thorough with your search. The kids long for that leader and its y'all's responsibility to get one hired and out there with them as soon possible. They have dealt with more than enough already!

Please, keep in mind that we can't settle for "just another Joe," its time to get it right. Its detrimental to those boys and this program. The AD needs to spend all week on the phone searching because I firmly believe the right guy will have to be sought out because there won't be many standing in line to put their applications in after all the baggage we've accumulated over the past few years. This will be a definite make or break hire with everything riding on it and it has to be addressed immediately! We need someone in place before the Christmas break, so that when those boys return to school, there will be little stability again.

If we are gonna have sympathy for somebody here, it should be the those boys that are left out there feeling confused, betrayed, hopeless, and I could go on and on. They are the ones that's suffering from this coaching circus that we have created. It's hard enough on them as it is.....relief for those guys is way overdue.

I agree with you 100% on everything you just said. This is where the AD should be put into blame. If there has been 2 coaches in 4-6 that has been "resigned" is pretty ridiculous. The AD at McNairy should be put to blame because is the AD the one who hires them? I respect every football player at McNairy. Why? Because every player could just walk out and enroll at Adamsville if they choose to. I was at a McNairy game earlier this year and I thought the field was good. Not the best shape, but I've seen worse. I didn't like his yelling on the sideline. I don't like it when a coach is yelling on the sideline unless it is something just stupid that player does.

And I heard Coach Hodge was rough on the referees.

If I'm the AD at McNairy. I'm going to look at an assistant coach that is a positive guy that focus on winning. McNairy can't afford to mess around. The AD in Selmer needs to hit a homerun on this hire.

I'm almost positive that our AD was still at bethel when Dampieer was hired and let go. A "committee" was formed to select the last coach, with the director of schools final approval.

Now that the AD has a couple years under his belt, I think he should pull the most weight because ultimately the AD will be the one that everyone either praises for a good hire or takes the blame for failing to get the right guy. Regardless if he had a say or not in the last few hires, it will be a measuring stick, for most, to determine how good of a job that he is doing.

The AD just got that position last year and he was not the one that hired the coach. Plus, I believe the Director of Schools has the final say. I'll break down the past coaching hires:

1. Browder, Coach of 20 years that won a lot of games at McNairy, his last season made the playoffs with a young team that was favored to win the district the next season, is forced out by a group of boosters and parents and they bring in their own hometown buddy, Glover.

2. Glover produces 2, 3, and 2 win seasons and is done after his 3rd season. A coach committee is put together and interview the coaches. All the members of the committee chose one coach and favored him heavily over their 2nd choice. However, the 2nd choice, Dampeer was big buddies with the Director of schools and he gets the job.

3. Dampeer puts together 2 and 3 win seasons. Certain parents/boosters were unhappy cause he mainly played the kids who should play and wanted him gone. Also, there was suppose to be an ordeal dealing with money that was the reason the coach was let go. He denies it but if true, I understand that decision. We get a new Director of Schools and he gets rid of him and brings in his guy, Hodge.

4.Hodge has two 3 win seasons and he is now gone. I've heard many reasons why he was let go. Boosters wanted him gone, the way he acted, kids did not like playing for him and many were not going to come back next season. So, now we in the the position of looking for a new coach.

Personally, they never should have pushed Browder out. Outside of that, I think Dampeer had the team going in a better direction that the other two coaches after Browder. They were competitive in a lot of their games while being really young. But, if the ordeal, happen, I understand why he had to go. By reading the Dresden fans comments on Hodge, I was excited to get him. I thought that was the type of coach MC needed but I don't think we got the same coach that coached at Dresden. I was not thrilled with the comments he made in the Jackson Sun. I felt they were putting all the blame on the kids and the program is such better shape, which I don't think it is. It's really about the same. He did improve the weight room but that was really the only improve it. We have always had a practice field but the new one is only because they redone the softball field and our field is not anywhere as good as it used to be.

Just like an earlier post, this is a very important hire because this will either save the program or destroy it. But, I just don't know who will be standing in line to take the job. In the last seven seasons, the best season has been a 3 win season. Add in the fact, the boosters and parents want to call the shots, it makes for a tough sell. I think they need someone that is not connected to anyone in the county and that will play to win and not because of boosters or parents. Someone that will get in the halls and get the athletes that are not playing out there. Mainly, a coach that wants to be very physical and teaches the team to be physical. Our teams have not been very physical these last few seasons and it has really showed against the good teams. The most important aspect of getting a good coach, the administration and powers that be must back the new coach and give him time. They can not let him be influenced by the boosters or the parents. There is quite a bit of talent there, they just need a good coach.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

I absolutely agree with you. They need a coach that has no ties to McNairy Central High, the boosters, and the school board. Bobcat fans do have to understand that it takes time to rebuild. The one thing that sucks about the job is because what if a coach sees what the previous coaches have? If you get 3 wins per season, the coach is gone after the 2018 season. With that being said, a coach should see that as motivation.

2016 is a restart for the McNairy Central Bobcats!!!

lets be honest.

dampeer was let go bc he didn't play a certain kid at qb.

hodge was directors choice...and let go bc he is not a leader just an angry man that belittles everyone on the field from the players to the refs. why do you not think Dresden didn't fight to keep him if he was as good as they said??? because he wasn't and they were glad to see his behind leave.

the next coach should be guaranteed 3 or 4 seasons as long as they don't act like hodge or commit crimes. it takes time to build successful programs. losing is easy anyone can do it. winning consistently takes hard work and dedication over time. the good news is that the talent level is back up at the middle school and that should filter into the high school being at least competitive and in the hunt for a playoff berth in the next 3-4 years.

they need a leader of men, someone who acts like it on and off the field 24/7. a role model who knows football and is patient and build up not tears down. builds character on and off the field.

It's really none of my business as I am not from McNairy,but I would be glad to see the previous coach gone. If I was the AD I would've fired him anyway. I am not a coach but I do know you teach your kids to never give up and you sure don;t give up on them. The stunt he pulled at the Liberty game on Senior night no less just proved what kind of coach he actually is. I know I wouldn't want him coaching my kid or my team. Hope he never gets another coaching job.

It's really none of my business as I am not from McNairy,but I would be glad to see the previous coach gone. If I was the AD I would've fired him anyway. I am not a coach but I do know you teach your kids to never give up and you sure don;t give up on them. The stunt he pulled at the Liberty game on Senior night no less just proved what kind of coach he actually is. I know I wouldn't want him coaching my kid or my team. Hope he never gets another coaching job.

What did he do at the senior night game against Liberty? Just curious...