Henry County @ Centennial

HCBigRed

Under this screen name.  He's been around for several years, previously posting under Notre Dame 66 and GoldenDomer. He said in another thread he made three tackles playing for ND so maybe he got his eggs scrambled on one of those hits and it affected the "be nice" portion of the brain. 

You just clarified everything for me.  It all makes sense now.

Any insight on last night's CHS-Brentwood game? I really thought Brentwood had turned a corner and CHS was coming off 2 highly-emotional games... Not that I expected an upset, but was a bit surprised to see Centennial handle them like that.  From the stats I've seen, it doesn't seem like the game was ever really in question.

Also, as far as coaching goes... Is Centennial going to put 12 in the box? That would be new. 

Any insight on last night's CHS-Brentwood game? I really thought Brentwood had turned a corner and CHS was coming off 2 highly-emotional games... Not that I expected an upset, but was a bit surprised to see Centennial handle them like that.  From the stats I've seen, it doesn't seem like the game was ever really in question.

Also, as far as coaching goes... Is Centennial going to put 12 in the box? That would be new. 

Centennial pretty much dominated after the first two series.  They went 3/out on the first possession of the game and gave Bwood good field position around the 35.  Bwood punched it inside the 10 but threw a pick in the end zone.  After that, it was all Centennial.  They pounded on the ground but also used the pass effectively. Controlled time of possession in a big way. Major difference from the first Bwood game was pass defense.  Held them to 119 yards and had four picks.  18-0 at half, third quarter was uneventful and both teams scored in the fourth with Bwood's TD coming with under three minutes left.  

Just a question - are you only this arrogant when your team is having the best season in school history? Or will you be singing Indy's praises if they somehow lose? What about next year?

I'm all for calling it like it is, and Indy is incredible this year. Just not a fan of hype men who don't respect other programs.

Al Bundy

I respect Crawford , Rector and Webb

The guy at RHS is doing fantastic respect he turned the program around

GQ over at Maryville

Coach Flatt ex BA

HC will have to play their top game to win this one. Hopefully we will have a good night passing or at least good enough to keep Centennial honest. This game will hinge on our ability to pass and open up the rusing game. Just my opinion. This game is just to close to call.

GO PATRIOTS

Edited by redblooded

Didn't say they needed it. But  if it's out there use it.

Didn't say they needed it. But  if it's out there use it.

Lol I was wondering if it was the same guy who posted around here back when they had Vic Wharton.

Guy is a trip.

Good Luck in the third round Big Red.  Springfield is pulling for you.  We have Pearl Cohn for the second time Friday.  Just nice for Springfield to still be around in the third round.

Oldtimer here. What does whelp mean?

GO BIG RED

TOP DEFINITION

interjection. A remark, generally thought of as southern slang, that is derived from the word "Well" and also used in its stead in order to lead one into another sentence that may continue a paused conversation/story or be used to signify the conclusion of one. Where as pronunciation of "Well" can be drawn out, "Whelp" is strictly pronounced very quickly and with a slight rising-inflection.