Wilson Central at Whitehaven

Haven04

If ejected he misses the entire next game regardless of when it happened in the game.

Thanks bigchief. I was hoping that wasn't the case. Well, we will just have to play without Rock on Friday. That's unfortunate. Rock's a jr who's been starting since was a freshman. He's a very talented young man. It's a hard pill to swallow just because he hit someone hard. That's football!

Boyy did I hate to see rock leave that game Friday.... I knew the rule, but I would just have lovers to see him play against a team he lost too last year. If I were coach, I would have sent the hit from the Wilson central game over to the board and compared I to the mt Juliet hit. Both looked legal to me...... He made a football play. I also know that the defense is content with or without him........ We've bent a few times but it's hard to break them.. Sitting him is unfair to him. It's like we're punishing kids for doing what they are suppose to do.

I just watched the film of this hit. I believe if he would've attempted to go lower he may have been ok but the fact that he stayed high and kept his shoulders head high on the receiver made it a easy call. The receiver actually seen it coming and tried to protect himself a little but still received the complete blow to his head. 3 inches over and the young man couldve been sitting the Ravenwood game and more because of a concussion. i in know way believe it was cheap or even intended to injure, i just dont believe he thought about hitting lower.

My son plays defense and I love to see him stick someone hard but I like the rule because it has taught him to go lower on his hits and I don't have to worry as much anymore about him getting up after some hits. If it's your son you hope this teaches him to be careful going forward because that same hit could've injured the young man from Whitehaven very easily.