Wilson Central at Whitehaven

Haven04

It wasn't that we didnt know how to stop it... that young man MJ had running that jet was a pure athlete and fast as could be..when we went to MJ that first time we put nice whippin on them, but when they came to us they had a FB about 240 and that fast dude that ran down our RB from behind and stopped that TD...if yall dont have that speedster and can run that wing T better than MJ yall wont win...its not like we haven't seen it before. ...I don't know anything about WC but I know as long as Our D continues to score as they have been, winning is in our favor..

We've only had 1 pick six against us all year and that was by a lineman from 10 yards out. It's hard for defenses to score on you when you don't throw the ball.

So because our skilled whiteboy was torching your whole D it was flukey? LOL accept the facts

In short, Yes... Your Main FB #2 (or was his number 22?) wasn't white tho.

That Short QB yall had, while less talented than the basketball player yall had the first time, was Tougher and seemed a bit less rattled and just as or more accurate too. #11's QB play was the reason the game wasn't a blow out the second year cause we were Close to going up 3 scores a few times but he always provided an answer. Respect to little dude.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Well if yall think yall jus gone run it dowm our throat you better pull your hair out before you get here because its gone be a long nite...thst wont happen....we are fast and physical. ..our front dont get blown off the line...MJ may have made plays and given us fits but they still didn't win...

They can't change who they are either. WC is a run-oriented team. Are they gonna be big underdogs? Probably, but I think they've earned some respect (at least from me) having gone on the road and beaten two pretty good teams. Win or lose, its a season they can feel good about because their is no doubt they got better as the year went on

• Upvote 1

They can't change who they are either. WC is a run-oriented team. Are they gonna be big underdogs? Probably, but I think they've earned some respect (at least from me) having gone on the road and beaten two pretty good teams. Win or lose, its a season they can feel good about because their is no doubt they got better as the year went on

I agree with your assesment of WC's improvement. I haven't seen any footage but it isn't necessary to know that they have improved. It's hard to figure WC if you look at the scores in the games that they lost. In four of the 6 that they lost, they scored 7 points or less in those games, while their opponents put up 28 points or more in those same games.

Then the playoffs start and they get a brand new lease on life. They travel to Cordova and not only did they beat them, they open up a can of butt-whip and beat them by 19 points. Then, they travel to Franklin, and revenge a regular season loss by beating them by one point, when Franklin beat them by 32 points in the regular season. I bet you that the Franklin coaches had been trying to get their football team to take them a little bit more seriously. It's hard for 14-17 year olds to realize that just because you beat them the first time, doesn't automatically garuntee that you will beat them a second time. Think they, Wilson Central, weren't please with themselves after they avenged the loss from earlier in the year?

Now, they get to come to Memphis and face the quote - unquote "big bad Whitehaven" team that everybody is assuming that they (WC) will lose. So, what do they have to lose? They are the underdog in this game.

They are in the quarterfinals and they are playing great. You don't get to the quarters without playing good football. I know the Whitehaven coaching staff is belaboring the point that this is a quarterfinal game and that everybody that is left standing is a quality team. Taking folks for granted and assuming that you will beat them will have you packing your suits in mothballs before you would like to do that.

Without seeing any film and just going by the scores and reading the comments made by yeldarb and MidTennFootball, this is what I surmised to have happened. With the playoffs giving them new life, they are a running team that may or may not have gotten some people back who may have been injured earlier. Throw in the fact that it takes a running team a lot longer to jell then a throwing team ... the new lease on life gave them a new attitude and they are just blocking better and sustaining drives that they wern't sustaining earlier. That has a domino effect on the 'D', that is now not on the field for long stretches of time, which gives them more energy to focus on stopping the opponent, so they play better as well. So ... Cordova sees the teams overall record and assumes that they will win the game and BAM ... get hit in the mouth and lose. Then Franklin just assumes that Cordova was over hyped and that the Region 4 teams are weak, because, how else would you explain a team that they beat by 32 earlier in the season, travel 200 miles to their place and beat them by 19? What happens? Franklin doesn't realize until it is too late that WC is for real ... and WC beats them at their place and everybody over at Franklin is scratching their heads collectively asking themselves ... what just happened?

I'll tell you what happened ... WC wasn't as bad as their record indicated. The new playoff format gave them a new season and they took full advantage of it. They are good and folk better start treating them like they are good and just forget what they did in the regular season. What matters now is what they have done recently ... and they have just beat two really good football teams and they have currently placed their focus on beating another one.

Taking them lightly would be a huge mistake.

Edited by kwc
  • Upvote 1

Y'all have heard from the Angel side...

Now hear from the Dark Side...  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wilson Central's style of play and record sets them up for a Mercy Rule type beat down. They sound like the type team that is DONE if you can get up 17+ points at anytime during the game (Yes 1st Quarter included). They are not built to come back and likely don't have that one STUD player that can pull them back into a 3 score game. If/When Whitehaven goes up 14 points, the subsequent WC drive is crucial for both teams. If/When Whitehaven doesn't allow them to score and goes on to score 3 or 6, the game, regardless the quarter will be pretty much OV minus a Whitehaven implosion of Epic porportions.

So, in essence Whitehaven needs to play their A game but WC has to Play Above and beyond that; almost out of their minds to win. If I were still on the staff I would say these things to the boys and drive home the 'use a Sledgehammer to kill an ant' analogy and have my 1s hyped to be able to let the 2s and JV get the majority of the 2nd half action. I wouldn't threaten them with running Saturday morning if they have to play the whole game as that may make the 1s play too tight but I would say this, "our young boys deserve a chance to play in the last real home game of the season so yall go out there and take care of business."

I will be there Friday with the letterman jacket on ready to lose my voice for Da Haven.

Signed: The Darkside LOL (Read my signature)

Y'all have heard from the Angel side...

Now hear from the Dark Side...  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wilson Central's style of play and record sets them up for a Mercy Rule type beat down. They sound like the type team that is DONE if you can get up 17+ points at anytime during the game (Yes 1st Quarter included). They are not built to come back and likely don't have that one STUD player that can pull them back into a 3 score game. If/When Whitehaven goes up 14 points, the subsequent WC drive is crucial for both teams. If/When Whitehaven doesn't allow them to score and goes on to score 3 or 6, the game, regardless the quarter will be pretty much OV minus a Whitehaven implosion of Epic porportions.

So, in essence Whitehaven needs to play their A game but WC has to Play Above and beyond that; almost out of their minds to win. If I were still on the staff I would say these things to the boys and drive home the 'use a Sledgehammer to kill an ant' analogy and have my 1s hyped to be able to let the 2s and JV get the majority of the 2nd half action. I wouldn't threaten them with running Saturday morning if they have to play the whole game as that may make the 1s play too tight but I would say this, "our young boys deserve a chance to play in the last real home game of the season so yall go out there and take care of business."

I will be there Friday with the letterman jacket on ready to lose my voice for Da Haven.

Signed: The Darkside LOL (Read my signature)

LMAO!! 

Central runs the wing T like MJ USED TO.

Their players also actually like their coach.

I think they'll do darn good, if whitehaven still doesn't know how to stop the wing t.

Has the fact that WC liking thier coach changed the fact that they get destroyed by MJ on a yearly basis? They made it to the third round for the first time in a long one I guess. congrats on that.

We play way to slow to get to the mercy rule. We probably would've been there against MJ and Franklin but when you run the play clock down to single digits every snap it keeps the other team from having the ball. Against Franklin their kids had 268 yards and avg 8 yards a carry and barely got to 35. Whitehaven may beat us bad but I will be surprised if they get a running clock just because how slow we play. Add penalties to all that and it really slows down.