CPA basketball interesting year ahead

Mothman26

To the haters; CPA Basketball won the Bardstown Holliday Classic last night against great competition.  Below is what CPA basketball is about. 

Congrats to @DrewMaddux and @cpa_basketball! Fantastic coaches, players, and all-around program. It was a pleasure, hope to see you again!

4 retweets12 likes

Had a blast working with @DrewMaddux and @cpa_basketball this weekend! One of the smartest, athletic, discipline teams I have ever watched!

6 retweets13 likes

Nothing but respect for @DrewMaddux and @cpa_basketball pure fundamental basketball with a humble approach. #toGodbetheglory

I Love these guys. There's something really special about this team. We'll see ya'll next Monday at CPA #6straight

CW5F6JpWYAEKiKd.jpg

To the haters; CPA Basketball won the Bardstown Holliday Classic last night against great competition. Below is what CPA basketball is about.

Cole Newton â€@_CNewton 9h9 hours ago

Congrats to @DrewMaddux and @cpa_basketball! Fantastic coaches, players, and all-around program. It was a pleasure, hope to see you again!

4 retweets12 likes

Keagan â€@krober07 9h9 hours ago

Had a blast working with @DrewMaddux and @cpa_basketball this weekend! One of the smartest, athletic, discipline teams I have ever watched!

6 retweets13 likes

Ln6nZNqZ_bigger.jpgIsaac Crume â€@isaac_crume 9h9 hours ago

Nothing but respect for @DrewMaddux and @cpa_basketball pure fundamental basketball with a humble approach. #toGodbetheglory

Reynolds Spencer â€@RSpencer23 6h6 hours ago

I Love these guys. There's something really special about this team. We'll see ya'll next Monday at CPA #6straight

CW5F6JpWYAEKiKd.jpg

😳😳😳😳 the rebuttal from some folks will be fun to read. I'm getting some popcorn ready. ðŸ‘

the rebuttal from some folks will be fun to read. I'm getting some popcorn ready.

I am very happy to see that they are a school team, and not an AAU or recruited team this year.

Not sure why it's changed  up, whether Maddux knew he was about to get busted, the administration made him stop recruiting, or the parents who housed prior superstars, or paid their tuition, realized their own kids could play more, if they stopped doing that.  

Whatever the reason, they now appear to play with the same standards the rest of the athletic teams at CPA do.

As it should be, and always should have been.  And they still win.  Imagine that...

I guess it would break your arm to give anything other than a backhanded praise huh?

I am very happy to see that they are a school team, and not an AAU or recruited team this year.

Not sure why it's changed  up, whether Maddux knew he was about to get busted, the administration made him stop recruiting, or the parents who housed prior superstars, or paid their tuition, realized their own kids could play more, if they stopped doing that.  

Whatever the reason, they now appear to play with the same standards the rest of the athletic teams at CPA do.

As it should be, and always should have been.  And they still win.  Imagine that...

Except for the two post player issue you had when Z was playing. Right?

Correct, was making reference to the last few years.

the rebuttal from some folks will be fun to read. I'm getting some popcorn ready.

Good, because that the way is it should be, maybe something has finally been learned.  Course doesn't make what others have observed and experienced in the past untrue, but the "lovers" love to pick and choose, they have a very selective filter.  

Haha, didn't see any posts after those losses like to Cane Ridge or JPII, uncharacteristic early season losses not experienced last several years, but now... So far it is different, not the 30-40 point wins, where games were over by half, but now for the most part, competitive, single digit games.  We will see...

Haha, didn't see any posts after those losses like to Cane Ridge or JPII, uncharacteristic early season losses not experienced last several years, but now... So far it is different, not the 30-40 point wins, where games were over by half, but now for the most part, competitive, single digit games.  We will see...

You have no clue......I guess you didn't realize the CPA football made it to the state championship for the third year in a row, so the basketball team did not have any of the football players.  Since their arrival the team is 6-0, winning against some of the best teams in the surrounding states at the Kentucky tournament.  

Edited by jett

You have no clue......I guess you didn't realize the CPA football made it to the state championship for the third year in a row, so the basketball team did not have any of the football players.  Since their arrival the team is 6-0, winning against some of the best teams in the surrounding states at the Kentucky tournament.  

For the record, here is the original jett post before edited:

"You have no clue......I guess you didn't realize the CPA football made it to the state championship for the third year in a row, so the basketball team did not have any of the football players. Since their arrival the team is 6-0, winning against some of the best teams in the surrounding states at the Kentucky tournament. Sad you are still so bitter. Merry Christmas Brooks. Sorry you are not a Coach, not certain why you still want to be called that."

My reply:

1.  Yes I was aware about CPA football, but I was not stating reason why, simply observing when we begin to hear from certain CPA posters.

2.  Not asking anyone to call me Coach, now I am nothing more than those like you, a fan of the game though admittedly some know more than others.  

3.  It would be nice to be able to believe you about this being against "best teams" and "great competition" which may be true, but I am sure you will understand if I don't automatically do that since based on your past posts that lack objectivity and truth, I would need some more credible sources before drawing the same conclusion.  

4.  No need to get into the "Merry Christmas" and "bitter" simply makes me laugh and always good to laugh around Christmas. 

And congratulations especially to the players, always good to win a holiday tournament.  

For the record, here is the original jett post before edited:

"You have no clue......I guess you didn't realize the CPA football made it to the state championship for the third year in a row, so the basketball team did not have any of the football players. Since their arrival the team is 6-0, winning against some of the best teams in the surrounding states at the Kentucky tournament. Sad you are still so bitter. Merry Christmas Brooks. Sorry you are not a Coach, not certain why you still want to be called that."

My reply:

1.  Yes I was aware about CPA football, but I was not stating reason why, simply observing when we begin to hear from certain CPA posters.

2.  Not asking anyone to call me Coach, now I am nothing more than those like you, a fan of the game though admittedly some know more than others.  

3.  It would be nice to be able to believe you about this being against "best teams" and "great competition" which may be true, but I am sure you will understand if I don't automatically do that since based on your past posts that lack objectivity and truth, I would need some more credible sources before drawing the same conclusion.  

4.  No need to get into the "Merry Christmas" and "bitter" simply makes me laugh and always good to laugh around Christmas. 

And congratulations especially to the players, always good to win a holiday tournament.

How sad

I guess it would break your arm to give anything other than a backhanded praise huh?

Honestly, what do you want me to say?  Drew's been there 10 years, recruited for 9 of them. All those D-1 dreams he built. For what? To all of a sudden decide to play by the rules? There has to be a reason.

btw,  why are you still hanging around? You've made your last post here haven't you? Don't you have a juco team to follow now?