Alcoa vs 6A. 2nd best team in the state?

32hammer

After 13 games Alcoa is still the best team Maryville has played.

I think the long delay and Maryville not having Jordan Ervin,Brian Tillery and Christian Markham for the Alcoa game hurt Maryville. Especially not having Tillery and Markham. Maryville offense a lot better with those guys healthy. Having said that Alcoa would have still been a tough out. Their DLine is great. I don't think any team in Tennessee would block those guys real well. I have seen maybe better individual players on the DL at Alcoa but some of their past studs took a play or 2 off. These guys are relentless and mean. They bring it every play. Plus they are very talented.

the only team that could dominate Alcoa's dline is BA. Their Oline this year is insane

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points. Good points. I can agree with that. My apologies. I guess I'm just not use to someone being so emotional and lacking comprehension skills on coach t. Caught a young adult off guard and made me assume things that obviously aren't true or so you say.

Wish we could see the privates play MHS in playoffs to settle whom is the best

In Illinois ISHA my team lost Saturday night in semi's to a private 24-22

Would I prefer the private schools keep playoffs amongst themselves you bet for selfish reasons for the team I cheer for but deep down I know they are playing the best ( you want a tough conference see Chicago Catholic league )

Anyways team we lost to private school o line 280 , 290 , 275 260 and 265

Wish we could see the privates play MHS in playoffs to settle whom is the best

In Illinois ISHA my team lost Saturday night in semi's to a private 24-22

Would I prefer the private schools keep playoffs amongst themselves you bet for selfish reasons for the team I cheer for but deep down I know they are playing the best ( you want a tough conference see Chicago Catholic league )

Anyways team we lost to private school o line 280 , 290 , 275 260 and 265

Do you seriously think that would settle it?...lol

After doing games for Alcoa and Maryville, Oakland And Ravenwood and many other 6A teams this year, I think the statement is more correct if your talking about programs instead of team. Alcoa has a great overall program that has one of the best coaches who know hoe to develop a program to year after year consistency and has done that everywhere he has been. As for one on one with many 6A teams in the state they would give them a battle but they are far from the second best team overall in the state.