Whitwell Football

GeorgeWBush

Absolutely, next year will be unbelievable, and we probably do not want to think about the next year. Unless we have a bunch to defect to the NFL, who knows? I am behind Butch just like I am behind Coach Helton. I have not had much time to speak with coach Helton, but would like to.

Most of em cant, they arent old enough so thats good. I think they are on the right track as well. Recruiting is a big part of it, if you can recruit then you have a greater margin for error coaching wise.

All I can say is that I am so proud of the Tigers, coaches, players, and administration. This has been a work in progress for the community. If people have a problem with the program step up and do something about it or shut up. Remember the old saying say something good or nothing at all. the facilities are as good as I have ever seen them. The pride is back and that should make the school year run much better if you can enter the mind of a 15 or 16 year old kid.

I remember being laughed at by players, students, and teachers when I went to Whitwell and said we will be good again. Graduation rate was less than 50%. Whitwell had the longest loosing streak in the state. We worked the piss out of our players 5 days a week and won a region championship the second year with a program changing win over Boyd Bucs. What was amazing to me as the season went on it was like class reunions, people were crawling out of the wood work with many sporting leatherman jackets. Students began coming to school, build and trades repared things that students had vandalized. Kids began to understand what hard work can do for you. They began to believe! Whitwell is on high ground right now. They have left it all on the field. Like Butch Jones told me negativity is like a desease. The cure is to remain positive. let's keep supporting these Tigers,and even though you think you may not be a part of it you are the one throwing an ankor to someone drowning it, or someone throwing a rope to save it.

Go Tigers!

Great post. I'm like TTP i think it'll be hard for Whitwell to be a lot better next year... However i do think Helton has them going in the right direction. I've heard nothing but good things about him. I just hope he stays for a while, and builds some stability at Whitwell.. With good coaching, i think Whitwell should finish no worse than 2nd in that region every year.. It'll be hard for them to ever beat SP, but they should be able to at least not get blown out every year by them..They have gopod coaches, but in my opinion they need one or two more that could help Helton. Good Luck Tigers.

Great post. I'm like TTP i think it'll be hard for Whitwell to be a lot better next year... However i do think Helton has them going in the right direction. I've heard nothing but good things about him. I just hope he stays for a while, and builds some stability at Whitwell.. With good coaching, i think Whitwell should finish no worse than 2nd in that region every year.. It'll be hard for them to ever beat SP, but they should be able to at least not get blown out every year by them..They have gopod coaches, but in my opinion they need one or two more that could help Helton. Good Luck Tigers.

If what you say is true, that only means that they may not be as good at the running positions. That can be offset by being better in special teams and defense. I am like coach Helton, I love to run the football, however he may have to put a small play action passing package together? I do feel safe in saying that I am sure he understands more about what he needs to with his team than I do.

If what you say is true, that only means that they may not be as good at the running positions. That can be offset by being better in special teams and defense. I am like coach Helton, I love to run the football, however he may have to put a small play action passing package together? I do feel safe in saying that I am sure he understands more about what he needs to with his team than I do.

He knows more about whitwell football than most of us, but with those three great backs you also lose three great linebackers. They have some talented freshmen that beat both jms and sp in middle school so we will see how they progress. Everyone loves to pound it but when you play a more physical team if you dont throw it at all you will lose everytime. That run game will work against most in the region. You also dont go for it at your own 10.

He knows more about whitwell football than most of us, but with those three great backs you also lose three great linebackers. They have some talented freshmen that beat both jms and sp in middle school so we will see how they progress. Everyone loves to pound it but when you play a more physical team if you dont throw it at all you will lose everytime. That run game will work against most in the region. You also dont go for it at your own 10.

LMBO, Coach Helton is a river boat gambler a lot of times.