Whitwell Football

GeorgeWBush

Losing three good backs. Imo, they will be young with a good freshmen class right now and thats it as far as coming up thru the younger ages. They should have been better the last two years honestly but when a team is so one dimensional it will eventually hurt you. Should still finish second in the weak district they play in.

LMBO, Coach Helton is a river boat gambler a lot of times.

I read what he thought about region 2 in 1A a few weeks ago. He didn't seem to impressed with any of us. That's funny, that certainly wasn't his tune after they got throttled on The Reservation the week before the season started by the 3rd place team in region 2 1A. He seemed pretty impressed and humble in that huddle that evening :popcorneater:

Edited by crow

I read what he thought about region 2 in 1A a few weeks ago. He didn't seem to impressed with any of us. That's funny, that certainly wasn't his tune after they got throttled on The Reservation the week before the season started by the 3rd place team in region 2 1A. He seemed pretty impressed and humble in that huddle that evening :popcorneater:

OH MY!I still haven't read his rebuttal????I have always read and respected his posts on here but now I have to wonder.....Its hard to compare teams when yours really can't compete with any of the playoff teams and I mean no disrespect.CA undressed them and the beat Pitt pretty soundly and his remarks before that game about our region was way out in left field.Harriman was a solid team just couldn't matchup with GB and Oneida's D matches up with almost everyone because of Lambert's strive for a defensive minded team.(I do think there are some changes coming to the Indians O after this year).Coalfield was riddled by injuries but was still a physical team! Edited by orngnblk

Ok Gentlemen, the following is exactly what I wrote in the referenced post a couple of weeks ago:

We were able to move the ball between the tackles against SP in the first half. We were not able to move the ball against CA between the tackles in either contest. We had one drive against CA's first team Defense in the first game that we were able to move the ball with our younger backs out of our Fly Series, but it ended around their 20 yard line. We made too many mistakes against CA in both games. They are a very good team. SP is a very good team. It should be a great game if both teams are firing on all cylinders. If SP can stop #1, they will win. That's not to say CA doesn't have other productive personnel, but rather how much of a weapon #1 is. I think the winner of this game goes to Cookeville. I don't think Harriman can match up with either one of them (unless they got new impact players this year that they didn't have on their roster last year). Harriman has some tough kids, but their style of play can't match up to CA or SP. Not sure about Greenback, but looking at their game against Oneida (and the score of the Oneida vs. Harriman game) I don't think Greenback will beat either one.  1-A SP and CA have a lot. Also, keep in mind CA will have 50+ on the sideline if depth becomes a factor and as many teams that they've blown out this year, those younger kids have gotten significant playing time throughout the season which should pay dividends in the playoffs.

Crow, I still have a great deal of respect for Oneida. TL has a great defense and they are a physical football team.

O&B, I haven't seen Greenback (as referenced in the previous post), but my appraisal was based upon the close game with Oneida (whose defense I had seen) and my knowledge of CA's #1. Nobody found a way to stop him all year, and I fully expect him to be playing on Saturdays. It looks like you all found a way to stop him. Just like I told Coach Grider, if you can stop #1, you win the game. My appraisal was based upon matchups. If you read the clarifier in the Harriman reference, you should note that the caveat is directly related to "unless they got new impact players this year that they didn't have on their roster last year". That was based upon the experience of having played them last year. Nowhere did I say I didn't have respect for Region 2.

It's good to see Greenback (public school) playing for gold. I am very impressed with a team that held CA to 14 points. That is exceptional! Good luck to you guys in Cookeville. I am pulling for you.

And hey, what do I know? I picked Michigan over OSU this past weekend...  :roflol: 

OH MY!I still haven't read his rebuttal????I have always read and respected his posts on here but now I have to wonder.....Its hard to compare teams when yours really can't compete with any of the playoff teams and I mean no disrespect.CA undressed them and the beat Pitt pretty soundly and his remarks before that game about our region was way out in left field.Harriman was a solid team just couldn't matchup with GB and Oneida's D matches up with almost everyone because of Lambert's strive for a defensive minded team.(I do think there are some changes coming to the Indians O after this year).Coalfield was riddled by injuries but was still a physical team!

CA may not have beaten any of the top 4 in district 2A. no doubt, they would have struggled with the physical part. It is a mini SEC and you better bring your "A GAME" each week.

Ok Gentlemen, the following is exactly what I wrote in the referenced post a couple of weeks ago:

We were able to move the ball between the tackles against SP in the first half. We were not able to move the ball against CA between the tackles in either contest. We had one drive against CA's first team Defense in the first game that we were able to move the ball with our younger backs out of our Fly Series, but it ended around their 20 yard line. We made too many mistakes against CA in both games. They are a very good team. SP is a very good team. It should be a great game if both teams are firing on all cylinders. If SP can stop #1, they will win. That's not to say CA doesn't have other productive personnel, but rather how much of a weapon #1 is. I think the winner of this game goes to Cookeville. I don't think Harriman can match up with either one of them (unless they got new impact players this year that they didn't have on their roster last year). Harriman has some tough kids, but their style of play can't match up to CA or SP. Not sure about Greenback, but looking at their game against Oneida (and the score of the Oneida vs. Harriman game) I don't think Greenback will beat either one. 1-A SP and CA have a lot. Also, keep in mind CA will have 50+ on the sideline if depth becomes a factor and as many teams that they've blown out this year, those younger kids have gotten significant playing time throughout the season which should pay dividends in the playoffs.

Crow, I still have a great deal of respect for Oneida. TL has a great defense and they are a physical football team.

O&B, I haven't seen Greenback (as referenced in the previous post), but my appraisal was based upon the close game with Oneida (whose defense I had seen) and my knowledge of CA's #1. Nobody found a way to stop him all year, and I fully expect him to be playing on Saturdays. It looks like you all found a way to stop him. Just like I told Coach Grider, if you can stop #1, you win the game. My appraisal was based upon matchups. If you read the clarifier in the Harriman reference, you should note that the caveat is directly related to "unless they got new impact players this year that they didn't have on their roster last year". That was based upon the experience of having played them last year. Nowhere did I say I didn't have respect for Region 2.

It's good to see Greenback (public school) playing for gold. I am very impressed with a team that held CA to 14 points. That is exceptional! Good luck to you guys in Cookeville. I am pulling for you.

And hey, what do I know? I picked Michigan over OSU this past weekend... :roflol:

Thanks for the reply coach but I'm sure you know comparing scores is not a great idea. After all then GB defense that held CA to 2 TD's allowed 2 to oneida in the first game and 3 the second. Yes midway held us to 1 and jellico only allowed 3 also. Every game is its own animal. Some will benefit you and some will turn on you. At any rate, at least we're getting a jump on them in basketball lol. Edited by crow

We were able to move the ball between the tackles against SP in the first half. We were not able to move the ball against CA between the tackles in either contest. We had one drive against CA's first team Defense in the first game that we were able to move the ball with our younger backs out of our Fly Series, but it ended around their 20 yard line. We made too many mistakes against CA in both games. They are a very good team. SP is a very good team. It should be a great game if both teams are firing on all cylinders. If SP can stop #1, they will win. That's not to say CA doesn't have other productive personnel, but rather how much of a weapon #1 is. I think the winner of this game goes to Cookeville. I don't think Harriman can match up with either one of them (unless they got new impact players this year that they didn't have on their roster last year). Harriman has some tough kids, but their style of play can't match up to CA or SP. Not sure about Greenback, but looking at their game against Oneida (and the score of the Oneida vs. Harriman game) I don't think Greenback will beat either one. 1-A SP and CA have a lot. Also, keep in mind CA will have 50+ on the sideline if depth becomes a factor and as many teams that they've blown out this year, those younger kids have gotten significant playing time throughout the season which should pay dividends in the playoffs.

And hey, what do I know? I picked Michigan over OSU this past weekend... :roflol:

Good post as I said I always enjoy reading your stuff.THX for the rebuttal.Good luck to all you reg 3 teams!