Marion Co @ Hampton (Ross Man vs That Lunsford Man)

Roy Dillard

I said the same and most of your fans said after z we would be average again. Logan came and helped, but next year i guess theh will be proven wrong again. Mc will again be very very good. Logan is a special player like z, but if bryce was the qb we would still have the same record. Wasnt there tonight so i cant say about tonight.

Some fans might have said that, but I never did. Marion County will again be solid in 2016. You guys might get two chances at that Trezevant bunch. Make them count.

He seems to be a great kid judging from our fans who spoke with him after the game even after a loss and an injury. Wiuld have been nice to see him play the whole game uninjured. I told you our qb would spring out of the phonebooth and he did. I was right on the line the kid fumbled before crossing. There is no straighter view than i had. Your qb healthy its a closer game but you had no answer defensively and the end result would have been the same. I think MC had a more physical schedule and it paid off. Boyd and Tyners defense would have given you fits as well.

Just a few honest takes on this game, from a MC fan.

1. The ride up was long and painful as was the ride back.

2. Was treated decently by all at Hampton.

3. Heard a lot of moaning and whining in our stands about the same refs most Hampton fans are moaning and whining about.

4. Injury to #7 was devastating for Hampton, but in the end would not have made a win for Hampton had it not happened.

5. As for Hampton fans and some MC fan "purplepounder71" talking about unsportsmanlike penalties, I'll say this, "If a player doesn't get emotional and doesn't get fired up from time to time he's not much of a competitor."

6. It would really help the Hampton program if they scheduled tougher opponents for their non-region games.

7. I believe when the dust settles and emotions calm you will see the refs did a better job than you originally thought.

8. While MC's offence put up 55 points, It's defense only gave up 15. That's outstanding considering Hampton averaged 50+ points per game. DEFENSE wins games.

9. Good luck to Hampton and here's hoping for a speedy recovery for #7.

A healthy #7 makes tackles that weren't made tonight...Coach Lunsford said as much in interview...Remove a 3 yr DB from the game, it's a game changer

That maybe true, but MC still would have been a tall order for Hampton's d. And if it was me I wouldn't be using him on defense anyway, too valuable of an offensive weapon. He was more impressive in person than on tape.

To all the Marion fans, players and the players families. I spoke with my cousin who was in the restroom line with me and he told me what I thought I heard was wrong. He said he heard the guy say "if my son was playing ". Then everyone knows the rest. I apologize for my statement. As I said before in a post that has be over shadowed by this issue. Marion is a very good team and a very good program. Hope everyone made it home safely and good luck next week in Cookeville.