Region 6-5A (old9-AAA and 12AAA)

GWAVE1

As long as Clayton is at Hillsboro they should be considered the favorite. He has things rolling over in Green Hills. He has built a program where winning is expected and the players are playing hard for his staff and him. They need to find a kicker though.

Hard to take the metro out of the metro kids every year. If he can then kiddos to him. History states the Sumner Co teams will succeed over a long period of time. He does a great job over there but he has to do it every year. It is easy to say, well look at this year. Year after year is hard to do. This isn't filled with a lot of bad teams or mediocre teams. Several could win it every year. If you don't see Cane Ridge as the front runner than you are clueless to what they have returning.

Hard to take the metro out of the metro kids every year. If he can then kiddos to him. History states the Sumner Co teams will succeed over a long period of time. He does a great job over there but he has to do it every year. It is easy to say, well look at this year. Year after year is hard to do. This isn't filled with a lot of bad teams or mediocre teams. Several could win it every year. If you don't see Cane Ridge as the front runner than you are clueless to what they have returning.

What history??? This is the first year all of these teams were together.. Last year you said the Burros lost too much and couldn't win this region.. Well they did and went 5-0 vs the Sumner Co schools and took Indy to the wire while everyone else was getting blown out.. Lots of time left before next season, never know what might happen

What history??? This is the first year all of these teams were together.. Last year you said the Burros lost too much and couldn't win this region.. Well they did and went 5-0 vs the Sumner Co schools and took Indy to the wire while everyone else was getting blown out.. Lots of time left before next season, never know what might happen

I did say they lost too much. I guess I was wrong and even as much admitted to it about halfway through the season. I still think you lose even more this year so as I stated before, we will see.

History shows that Sumner Co teams by in large Hendersonville and Gallatin have a huge advantage in the win column versus Metro schools. What does that mean now, is the usual question. Well I guess nothing until 15 years down the road and it gets asked again. Then today's record gets figured into the overall picture. Right now only one metro school has a winning record against Gallatin and that school is Cane Ridge 1-0. Historically Gallatin has won a lot more than they have lost versus Metro schools. Last time they were grouped together only Overton had a decent record against them. Hillsboro won this year and probably will again in the future but as of right now they have a losing record overall against Gallatin. Maybe that means little to you but it means a lot to me. Traditionally Gallatin wins.

Congrats to #5 Malique Fleming for winning District Defensive MVP & Coach Clayton for winning district coach of the year..

Congrats also goes to WR Jay King DE Roy Hunter RB's Jeremy Hill & DeAndre Alexander DT Malcom Swann & OL Julian Houston for making all region from Hillsboro HS.

What a great and exciting year in this district, definitely what everyone expected and even more..

Gwave I have the utmost respect for the Sumner county schools. I enjoy getting out to Gallatin and Hendersonville for games .Both schools have great Friday night lights atmospheres. As to traditions and past success I would agree with you that Gallatin and Hendersonville have had a lot of success over the metro schools. However I would say the success has been fairly even between those two schools and the top metro schools. Also, the Gallatin of today doesn't quite seem to be the same as the Gallatin of old. I'm not sure exactly why but could it be because of the success of Beech, the opening of Station Camp and JPII, etc. I'm an outsider so maybe you could fill me in on that one or tell me why I'm wrong. I think this new region is very competitive and fun to keep up with. I've been watching your wave for a long time and I'm glad the teams like Hillsboro and cane ridge get the experience of playing tradition rich teams. 

Gwave I have the utmost respect for the Sumner county schools. I enjoy getting out to Gallatin and Hendersonville for games .Both schools have great Friday night lights atmospheres. As to traditions and past success I would agree with you that Gallatin and Hendersonville have had a lot of success over the metro schools. However I would say the success has been fairly even between those two schools and the top metro schools. Also, the Gallatin of today doesn't quite seem to be the same as the Gallatin of old. I'm not sure exactly why but could it be because of the success of Beech, the opening of Station Camp and JPII, etc. I'm an outsider so maybe you could fill me in on that one or tell me why I'm wrong. I think this new region is very competitive and fun to keep up with. I've been watching your wave for a long time and I'm glad the teams like Hillsboro and cane ridge get the experience of playing tradition rich teams.

I agree with you. Gallatin is not a top tier program like it used to be. All of those reasons you stated as well as some others have hurt Gallatin's success. I too think this region has some serious upside. Pearl Cohn and Hillsboro have been the standard barbers for a while for consistency within metro. Having Hillsboro in this region ups the bar. Cane Ridge has shown some success of late and according to some of their supporters have really been lucky to keep most of their talent intact for this last season and one to come. They seemed to have rallied behind the new coach. Glencliff and HL however are way behind. I think McPhail can coach up that program but I hear a lot about the administration problems coupled with the normal obstacles for metro kids. So with the added upside you get the downside as well with these metro teams. The main problem is the gate suffers. While Station Camp and Gallatin each fielded below par teams this year, they still bring fans that help the opposition gates. I am glad to have Hillsboro in the region instead of some of the other metro schools, no matter the competition. I just not ready to crown them, unlike Highlife, king supreme of this region year after year. They had a great year this year but you have to be consistent and that is hard to do with the success rate of the Sumner Co teams. I also don't think this system stays in place past this year either. So I look for realignment sooner than later. I will say that the attitude of metro has gotten extremely better or maybe it is just the schools we are playing. Last time Gallatin was grouped in with the metro schools, at times it was very disrespectful to fans and players. Not so much this year which is a good thing. Attitudes changed.