Region 6-5A (old9-AAA and 12AAA)

GWAVE1

I agree with you. Gallatin is not a top tier program like it used to be. All of those reasons you stated as well as some others have hurt Gallatin's success. I too think this region has some serious upside. Pearl Cohn and Hillsboro have been the standard barbers for a while for consistency within metro. Having Hillsboro in this region ups the bar. Cane Ridge has shown some success of late and according to some of their supporters have really been lucky to keep most of their talent intact for this last season and one to come. They seemed to have rallied behind the new coach. Glencliff and HL however are way behind. I think McPhail can coach up that program but I hear a lot about the administration problems coupled with the normal obstacles for metro kids. So with the added upside you get the downside as well with these metro teams. The main problem is the gate suffers. While Station Camp and Gallatin each fielded below par teams this year, they still bring fans that help the opposition gates. I am glad to have Hillsboro in the region instead of some of the other metro schools, no matter the competition. I just not ready to crown them, unlike Highlife, king supreme of this region year after year. They had a great year this year but you have to be consistent and that is hard to do with the success rate of the Sumner Co teams. I also don't think this system stays in place past this year either. So I look for realignment sooner than later. I will say that the attitude of metro has gotten extremely better or maybe it is just the schools we are playing. Last time Gallatin was grouped in with the metro schools, at times it was very disrespectful to fans and players. Not so much this year which is a good thing. Attitudes changed.

Definitely not crowning the Burros, this district is way too tough.. All I'm saying is as long as Clayton and his staff are there they will always be in the thick of things..

Definitely not crowning the Burros, this district is way too tough.. All I'm saying is as long as Clayton and his staff are there they will always be in the thick of things..

The chances of all 4 Sumner Co teams making it any year with all the metros looking in is very very slim. Hillsboro being, in my opinion, one of the best in Nashville should always be in the mix. However, I think 3 Sumner Co schools getting in is very likely in most years. This year not so much. Station Camp had a lower than avg year and Gallatin was far from a normal year. Still Gallatin was in it until week 10 when they lost to Hillsboro. Clayton is a good coach no doubt. I thought he left Franklin in a very peculiar way.

The chances of all 4 Sumner Co teams making it any year with all the metros looking in is very very slim. Hillsboro being, in my opinion, one of the best in Nashville should always be in the mix. However, I think 3 Sumner Co schools getting in is very likely in most years. This year not so much. Station Camp had a lower than avg year and Gallatin was far from a normal year. Still Gallatin was in it until week 10 when they lost to Hillsboro. Clayton is a good coach no doubt. I thought he left Franklin in a very peculiar way.

Gallatin should be better next year.. Have the best offensive player in the district and has talent..

I think the kid that played QB this year tried very hard and did all that he could do. My understanding is that he is a good kid. He just had his limitations as we all do. A few years ago when Gallatin had a very bad year, they started 4 different QB's due to injuries and trying to find a true starter. I would say you have been correct in your assessment of late.

• 3 months later...

Gallatin is working hard in the weight room. Just finished Lift-A-Thon and seems to have a stronger team than recent years. Several 300+ bench pressers and a few 350+ bench pressers. Also, have two kids squatting 500+. Doing something right there.

Added depth at QB and 2 more transfers that may start. Spring practice is a few weeks away.

Gallatin is working hard in the weight room. Just finished Lift-A-Thon and seems to have a stronger team than recent years. Several 300+ bench pressers and a few 350+ bench pressers. Also, have two kids squatting 500+. Doing something right there.

Added depth at QB and 2 more transfers that may start. Spring practice is a few weeks away.

Sounds like your boys have been putting in some hard work in the weight room. Those are some impressive numbers!! I'm sure it will pay dividends in the fall.. Hendersonville didnt really have many eye popping numbers but as a collective group were adequately strong.. 15-20 being around the 260-300 on bench with one going over 300 getting 345 and about the same amount around the 230-260 on power clean with one trying 305 but couldn't stand up with it.. Looking forward to spring practice and hoping everyone stays healthy, keep us posted on how spring goes for the green wave

• 3 weeks later...