Who hates having the Super 32?

riverrat

Why not? Most years SP would be favored over such teams, some years heavily favored. Maybe you're right, and the fans take so much pride in shouting "mercy" after beating teams like Sale Creek and Lkt Valley half to death they would never go for a tougher league schedule. Cap moves to a max of 2 classes up, unless by choice, and SP would never see Alcoa.

Do the math. No they wouldn't. 220 students playing vs team with 650 in all sports? I'm sure you would like it that way, but that would be the most screwed up system I have ever heard of in my life.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football would likely be the only one that could work due to the number of classes being ideal. Basketball would not work with boys and girls paired for scheduling. Plus weeknight travel couldn't work like it does for Friday football. My goal for Sequatchie would be to move up but it would have to be shown on the field. Have fun beating Sale Creek and Lkt Valley 60-0 each year.

Football would likely be the only one that could work due to the number of classes being ideal. Basketball would not work with boys and girls paired for scheduling. Plus weeknight travel couldn't work like it does for Friday football. My goal for Sequatchie would be to move up but it would have to be shown on the field. Have fun beating Sale Creek and Lkt Valley 60-0 each year.

Those games aren't fun, but the games against Sequatchie, Boyd, Marion, Polk, Tyner and Knox Grace through the years is plenty for us.

I like having the idea of having 6 classifications, seperated the way they are now. Teams can move up or down by choice. With only 4 or 5 teams per region, top 2 make the playoffs

Having 6 classifications for public and 3 private classifications would be ok as well, but like you said we don't need 4 teams making the playoffs from each region. Cut it back to only 3 teams making it from each region. If only two teams made it then we would only have a couple of playoff rounds.

Having 6 classifications for public and 3 private classifications would be ok as well, but like you said we don't need 4 teams making the playoffs from each region. Cut it back to only 3 teams making it from each region. If only two teams made it then we would only have a couple of playoff rounds.

That is way to watered down. That would be an average of 38 teams per classification. Why play less, need to leave it at 32 in the playoffs. I currently love that 4 make it per region, it is the right way to do it because you're getting a true champion at the end of the season and playoffs. The only thing that needs to be fixed is to even out the regions and the classifications. They are getting so close (in relativity to where we've been in the past) to having it correct, to me the step listed in the above post is a step in the wrong direction.