District 7A.

UCSportsFan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Clay county personally looks to be the favorite with the point guard returning. From what I seen the young Russell kid unsure of his name has given them some length and good shooting. I think the Browning kid also returned so they should be good going forward.

I haven't seen Jackson County play but from the talk they seem to be solid. PC with Ferrall returning will depend solely on him getting help scoring i think. It's early but 7a seems to be pretty solid all around.

Yeah he wasn't that good truthfully. He gave them size and length but couldn't do anything with the ball. I believe he traveled more than he made shots.

I think they will be better this year and they are only starting one senior. Tyreik the stud PG and everyone else besides the browning kid are juniors or younger.

I thought Clay lost a stud post that was impossible to replace? Is my info bad?

It's never easy to replace a 6'7 left handed post player but in this case I think it was addition by subtraction for Clay Co. They didn't have true chemistry last year and now I believe they do. Look out for the freshman point guard (Kimes) he is the real deal. Jackson County has a solid group of guards that will pressure the ball the length of the floor the entire game. They are quick with good size and fly to the ball. JC travels to Pickett 2 weeks from today we should know a little more about where both teams are after this contest. Pickett is one of the toughest gyms to get a win in district 7A.

I would agree that losing a player that size in high school is hard to replace but if you watched many of their games last year he never was in the game during close games due to the liability of he would always turn the ball over.

His defense and rebounding will be the most missed but he is by far not a must have stud as reference before. As far as Kimes I wouldn't expect to see him much this year as a PG with Tyreik only being a junior he will carry the torch for the bulk of the ball over the next two years.

I would expect to see Kimes coming off the bench and making some big shots but I don't expect him to see that many minutes due to the depth that Clay currently has with far more size than Kimes can provide. Rob likes to run the 1-3-1 and you need length at all positions for that.

Well after watching Clay beat RBS like 90-40 last night it seemed to me that the district is theirs to lose. The Tyreke kid is the real deal and had 3 dunks, one off the dribble down the lane and the other with a drop step off a rebound.

I was pretty impressed with how quick and fast Clay scored.

Edited by Shozen

Clay is definitely the clear favorite. They are undefeated and playing well and I have no doubt that they will be the team to beat this year. As good as they are playing right now I doubt anyone in 7A could give them much of a game. They are well coached and they have very good players! Jackson County is playing pretty bad they've already lost at Macon at Cookeville and at Upperman. With a cupcake schedule like that I don't know why they aren't undefeated or close to it like most of the other teams in 7A.