Trezevant get ready the hater will soon appear on this site.

Galilee

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Galilee, you are absolutely right, they are a 2A school playing where they are assigned. My point has always been the lack of competition for a dominant program like Trez or Mitchell. Mitchell hasn't lost a game in basketball to a 1A school in 2 years and may not this year. Trez won't lose a game this year or the next and probably won't be challenged. We played Mitchell their closest game last year (13pts) and it was at our place. They beat us easily by 25 at a neutral site. Alcoa plays up for a reason. They want to play better competition and be challenged. They still dominate but at least get challenged more often then they would in 2A. Why not play up and make it more of a challenge. After awhile it gets boring and old beating your competition by 30 or 40 every game. Is Mitchell or Trez doing anything wrong? Absolutely not. They have every right to play where they are assigned but teams like Memphis East and Alcoa set good examples of wanting to be challenged. If Alcoa played 2A along with Trezevant I would suspect no other team but those two would win 2A for years. If they choose to stay that's fine and nobody should argue that they are doing anything wrong. My argument is different. Play up for better competition. Kids love to be challenged.

Many will complain because you should have played or stayed up in 4A. They will be upset because you in the division that your enrollment dictates. Please ignore them and bring home the Gold Ball. We (Mitchell) have dealt with the same issue the last 2 years in basketball. So get ready but do not let it ruin your goal.

You know I like you and respect MM...But beating teams do death when a school could move up to better competition is argument provoking sometimes

Alcoa has my respect for moving up to 3A to play the teams that thought they had dodged Alcoa this year after Alcoa had been moved down to 2A in FB

Get this garbage thread off of here. No place for this junk. Just play the game.

Is it garbage when everyone else brings it up in other threads?? Facts are Trez's numbers put them in 2A. But I have read for months now how unfair it is because they were in 4A last season. I haven't heard you say any of those posts were garbage. The constant barrage of negative comments is demeaning to what that team has accomplished. Those boys go to work trying to be successful just like every other team in the state. If people want to beat them they need to stop crying and work harder. I don't blame Galillee for starting this thread. I would be sick of the negativity as well. Those boys deserve better.

Hey Galilee, you are absolutely right, they are a 2A school playing where they are assigned. My point has always been the lack of competition for a dominant program like Trez or Mitchell. Mitchell hasn't lost a game in basketball to a 1A school in 2 years and may not this year. Trez won't lose a game this year or the next and probably won't be challenged. We played Mitchell their closest game last year (13pts) and it was at our place. They beat us easily by 25 at a neutral site. Alcoa plays up for a reason. They want to play better competition and be challenged. They still dominate but at least get challenged more often then they would in 2A. Why not play up and make it more of a challenge. After awhile it gets boring and old beating your competition by 30 or 40 every game. Is Mitchell or Trez doing anything wrong? Absolutely not. They have every right to play where they are assigned but teams like Memphis East and Alcoa set good examples of wanting to be challenged. If Alcoa played 2A along with Trezevant I would suspect no other team but those two would win 2A for years. If they choose to stay that's fine and nobody should argue that they are doing anything wrong. My argument is different. Play up for better competition. Kids love to be challenged.

+100  My friend, you have a solid understanding.

I can agree with this. If they want to play up for the challenge that is great. They been doing it for years anyway. Heck people should tip there hat to them. Put now that there not it is still ok. Haters just want something to cry about. And I don't mean you Intense.

I read in another thread where this was brought up. TCA you have a point but BB is the only sport we dominate. Football is the only sport Trez will dominate. Our baseball and minor sports would suffer.

+1000 that's like TCA moving up in all sports because the softball team won back to back state championships a few years ago. Would be good for softball team to be challenged more but bad for all other sports

Edited by big_mike0307

I read in another thread where this was brought up. TCA you have a point but BB is the only sport we dominate. Football is the only sport Trez will dominate. Our baseball and minor sports would suffer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but just because a school may decide to move up in one sport (such as football) does not mean that the baseball team (as an example) would have to move up as well.  I am aware that basketball is different simply from a logistical point of view as schools obviously play double headers.

Galilee, I would like to hear your thoughts on Reitz comments regarding playing up in one sport and staying down in others. I assumed you would know better than anyone since you have been an AD. I do know that Westwood and Manassas are currently playing 2A in Football which is equivalent to 1A in basketball but both are playing 2A in basketball. Trezveant is doing the same. It may be because the new classifications for basketball has not changed for a couple of years. I don't know the answer but am just curious.

Edited by TCAIntense