Trezevant get ready the hater will soon appear on this site.

Galilee

Galilee, I would like to hear your thoughts on Reitz comments regarding playing up in one sport and staying down in others. I assumed you would know better than anyone since you have been an AD. I do know that Westwood and Manassas are currently playing 2A in Football which is equivalent to 1A in basketball but both are playing 2A in basketball. Trezveant is doing the same. It may be because the new classifications for basketball so not change for a couple of years. I don't know the answer but am just curious.

Westwood numbers changed and they were moved up in BB. We may have to move up in BB after next season if our numbers change. We had low numbers at that time. Charter schools are killing Memphis schools. We may have lower numbers again because of the Charter Scholl in our community. Look at our basketball league, it is full of Charters.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my understanding, if you play up a classification, you have to play up in all the sports. I would assume the reason being is because all the baseball, softball, basketball etc. districts and regions consist of the same teams and alignment . You start letting schools choose which sports to play up in, then you create havoc and headaches. For example, you got a single A basketball district with 6 teams but 3 teams want to play up in AA. Now, that district has 3 teams in it, so you can keep it a 3 team district or realign all the single A districts. Now, you would have to do that with every sport, for each district, for each class if you let schools pick and choose the sports they want to play up in. Hope that makes sense. By having the play up in one sport, you have to play up in all sports rule, it simplifies creating districts and regions.

I believe Football is an exception because there are 6 classifications so teams can play up if they want without causing the other sports to play up.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

From my understanding, if you play up a classification, you have to play up in all the sports. I would assume the reason being is because all the baseball, softball, basketball etc. districts and regions consist of the same teams and alignment . You start letting schools choose which sports to play up in, then you create havoc and headaches. For example, you got a single A basketball district with 6 teams but 3 teams want to play up in AA. Now, that district has 3 teams in it, so you can keep it a 3 team district or realign all the single A districts. Now, you would have to do that with every sport, for each district, for each class if you let schools pick and choose the sports they want to play up in. Hope that makes sense. By having the play up in one sport, you have to play up in all sports rule, it simplifies creating districts and regions.

I believe Football is an exception because there are 6 classifications so teams can play up if they want without causing the other sports to play up.

that does make sense to me

that does make sense to me

That is what I said

Westwood numbers changed and they were moved up in BB. We may have to move up in BB after next season if our numbers change. We had low numbers at that time. Charter schools are killing Memphis schools. We may have lower numbers again because of the Charter Scholl in our community. Look at our basketball league, it is full of Charters.

Also if we were in 2A it would kill our volleyball. baseball, and softball programs. We are county champs in those sports in 1A but we would get slaughtered in 2A. That is why I elected to keep us in 1A before I retired.

I guess when ReitzFan takes Letmehearya word better than mine..LOL

The are in 2A and nobody but you Galilee saying people are talking about you.  Now go win or go get your #### clowned.  I believe you win

If you would read my earlier posts they were in reference to Trez. and some made that statement. IAs for me it was stated a lot last year about Mitchell and 1A BB.

That was under z plan. There were 3 classes in regular season. That was split to 6 for the playoffs. The districts were the same with football & basketball. You can play up in football under new plan. The exception is in 6a. There are only 32 teams. If one moves up...another must move down. That happened with Maryville & Lavergne this year.

That was under z plan. There were 3 classes in regular season. That was split to 6 for the playoffs. The districts were the same with football & basketball. You can play up in football under new plan. The exception is in 6a. There are only 32 teams. If one moves up...another must move down. That happened with Maryville & Lavergne this year.

Yes that is true with football but I don't believe it works the same with the other sports. I still believe if you are single A in basketball and want to move up to AA, all the other sports except football have to move up as well. That has been the point Gailee has been trying to make for the past two years with Mitchell Basketball but people haven't understood that.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

Yes that is true with football but I don't believe it works the same with the other sports. I still believe if you are single A in basketball and want to move up to AA, all the other sports except football have to move up as well. That has been the point Gailee has been trying to make for the past two years with Mitchell Basketball but people haven't understood that.

That is true for basketball...baseball...and softball. It was also true under the z plan. It is no longer. Other minor sports are different.