Private vs Publics in Football Finals

footballfan24

People want to go where you win.

See Marion Co, SouthPitt, Alcoa,Tyner, Union city as your paradigm of hope. Being a private school doesn't mean good football. See grace Chattanooga and Silverdale as your examples.

Only because they haven't chosen to make it happen yet. If / when it becomes a priority they will rise through the ranks.

People want to go where you win.

See Marion Co, SouthPitt, Alcoa,Tyner, Union city as your paradigm of hope. Being a private school doesn't mean good football. See grace Chattanooga and Silverdale as your examples.

Maryville and Alcoa TOGETHER dont have that many prospects so just being winners doesn't hold water.

As with any other school.

( remember Slice has always been in favor of his school jumping to D2)

Oh I do remember that but you have to admit it's a little easier to do in the private world if it's a priority. You can limit your enrollment if you choose to do so. You can either accept or reject any applicant you choose so out of the 85 +\- males in your school 3 are major D1 and several others are OHV level recruits in football, not to mention the future NHL or whatever other stars :D also there are no elected officials or tax payers to answer to about where the money goes. Sure there is a board somewhere that counts the beans but again if it's a priority then not much resistance there. Then the flexibility to schedule elective "classes" such as fundamentals of the wing-t or whatever offense / defense is pertinent as well as mandatory PE classes that are strength and conditioning classes. Team teaching classes assigned to coaches so they're free to do coaching things as well as the ability to hire anyone as faculty regardless of teaching credentials, or lack there of. The list of advantages over joe public high are real. Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1

NCS has an enrollment of 345.6 after the multiplier so 192 actual enrollment. They have 3 players with at least 1 major SEC offers and 2 of the 3 with multiple D1 offers. Several others with multiple OHV type offers. Yes that takes work but you have to have a level of raw ability to do that. What's the odds of getting that hind of talent out of 192 random kids?

NCS has been to the championship game one time (this year) in its history dating back to the early 1970's. So tell me is 1 time in about 45 years too often to go. I think if you told Trousdale, Union City, Huntingdon, South Pitt, or Gordonsville they could go once every 45 years they wouldn't like that too much. But hey, there's got to be something to talk about I guess.

NCS has been to the championship game one time (this year) in its history dating back to the early 1970's. So tell me is 1 time in about 45 years too often to go. I think if you told Trousdale, Union City, Huntingdon, South Pitt, or Gordonsville they could go once every 45 years they wouldn't like that too much. But hey, there's got to be something to talk about I guess.

No that's not the issue at all. I'm just debating the differences and advantages of the situation. I'm also trying to do it respectfully and a little light hearted. I know if greenback or coalfield had multiple SEC level and multiple other OHV level players given their enrollment I'd be shocked, that's impressive for Maryville or Alcoa programs don't you agree?

The only reason they aren't playing for their 3rd consecutive gold ball is UC. And everybody on here knows all about that situation. If the privates were on a level playing field, along with the open zoned publics, there wouldn't be any complaining. The only ones who make this argument are those of us from small rural schools. Those are the only ones at a disadvantage

The only reason they aren't playing for their 3rd consecutive gold ball is UC. And everybody on here knows all about that situation. If the privates were on a level playing field, along with the open zoned publics, there wouldn't be any complaining. The only ones who make this argument are those of us from small rural schools. Those are the only ones at a disadvantage

Huge disadvantage!

but you only makes this argument when the privates are actually winning

Oneida is an open zone public and a small rural school. Open enrollment doesn't alway mean advantage. It goes both ways, I can think of a couple of players that live in the city limits that would start at any school in our district that go to 3A Scott County High School. We get a few that live outside the city as well but Oneida is 1/3 funded by county taxes from outside the city specifically because the county is not capable of handling all the students otherwise.