TCA basketball 2015/2016

BigEdMo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all lost a lot in basketball. Wonder if TCA has enough size. If I was a college football coach, I wouldn't let Goldsmith play basketball at all.

I think an unfortunate football injury in the playoffs may have made that decision to play bball for him.  Hope he heals quick and gets the scholarship he deserves.  Had the chance to watch him play a couple of times.  He is special!

Y'all lost a lot in basketball. Wonder if TCA has enough size. If I was a college football coach, I wouldn't let Goldsmith play basketball at all.

I've been around this program for quite some time. Trust me, this will be the best team we've ever had. We have experienced guards. PG has started three years and played a lot as a freshman. Shooting guard is a player who can shoot the 3 or take you off the dribble. We have a 6'8" post player that has played significant minutes the last two years and can knock the 3 down. College coaches were really after him this Summer. He has a bad ankle right now and needs to heal up. Pagoaga is a 6'4" post that has started the last two years and can play with anyone. He's strong, and can finish. Best rebounder in our district. Fifth position was Goldsmith until football injury. Not sure if he's playing or not. He hasn't decided. He was going to play before injury. He's a beast of a defender and can take you to the rack better than most due to his sheer strength. Fifth player will be 6'7" soph Van Bryant or 6'4" junior Elliott. We have the perfect 6th man in Sidwell. He is a defender and full or energy. We have a couple of other solid Sophs that will help off the bench. Anyone in the starting 5 can score 20 on any given night. This is a very talented team that is a TEAM. It will be January before they are playing well due to today being first day back for Football boys. We will lose a couple of games early but they will be ready in February. If the soph starts we will have a front line of 6'8", 6'7", 6'4". I still am a firm believer that you have to have 3 great ball handlers to win the second round of regional against Memphis teams and the finals. We have two with our existing guards and we will see if another emerges if Goldsmith doesn't play. Going to be a fun year once we get healthy.

I've been around this program for quite some time. Trust me, this will be the best team we've ever had. We have experienced guards. PG has started three years and played a lot as a freshman. Shooting guard is a player who can shoot the 3 or take you off the dribble. We have a 6'8" post player that has played significant minutes the last two years and can knock the 3 down. College coaches were really after him this Summer. He has a bad ankle right now and needs to heal up. Pagoaga is a 6'4" post that has started the last two iyears and can play with anyone. He's strong, and can finish. Best rebounder in our district. Fifth position was Goldsmith until football injury. Not sure if he's playing or not. He hasn't decided. He was going to play before injury. He's a beast of a defender and can take you to the rack better than most due to his sheer strength. Fifth player will be 6'7" soph Van Bryant or 6'4" junior Elliott. We have the perfect 6th man in Sidwell. He is a defender and full or energy. We have a couple of other solid Sophs that will help off the bench. Anyone in the starting 5 can score 20 on any given night. This is a very talented team that is a TEAM. It will be January before they are playing well due to today being first day back for Football boys. We will lose a couple of games early but they will be ready in February. If the soph starts we will have a front line of 6'8", 6'7", 6'4". I still am a firm believer that you have to have 3 great ball handlers to win the second round of regional against Memphis teams and the finals. We have two with our existing guards and we will see if another emerges if Goldsmith doesn't play. Going to be a fun year once we get healthy.

I apologize Intense. I forgot about y'all's 6"8 guy. I know TCA will make it past the districts just wondering about Mitchell and UC.

I apologize Intense. I forgot about y'all's 6"8 guy. I know TCA will make it past the districts just wondering about Mitchell and UC.

Good points. We have the PG and SG to play with Mitchell and UC and BTW but we really need that third guard to come around. You can't beat Memphis teams without three solid guards. Single A is all about the guards.......aka Mitchell last year! Three of best guards, if not the best, in the state. If we can get out of West Tn we have a shot at doing real well in the Boro but getting there is the difficult part.

I've been around this program for quite some time. Trust me, this will be the best team we've ever had. We have experienced guards. PG has started three years and played a lot as a freshman. Shooting guard is a player who can shoot the 3 or take you off the dribble. We have a 6'8" post player that has played significant minutes the last two years and can knock the 3 down. College coaches were really after him this Summer. He has a bad ankle right now and needs to heal up. Pagoaga is a 6'4" post that has started the last two years and can play with anyone. He's strong, and can finish. Best rebounder in our district. Fifth position was Goldsmith until football injury. Not sure if he's playing or not. He hasn't decided. He was going to play before injury. He's a beast of a defender and can take you to the rack better than most due to his sheer strength. Fifth player will be 6'7" soph Van Bryant or 6'4" junior Elliott. We have the perfect 6th man in Sidwell. He is a defender and full or energy. We have a couple of other solid Sophs that will help off the bench. Anyone in the starting 5 can score 20 on any given night. This is a very talented team that is a TEAM. It will be January before they are playing well due to today being first day back for Football boys. We will lose a couple of games early but they will be ready in February. If the soph starts we will have a front line of 6'8", 6'7", 6'4". I still am a firm believer that you have to have 3 great ball handlers to win the second round of regional against Memphis teams and the finals. We have two with our existing guards and we will see if another emerges if Goldsmith doesn't play. Going to be a fun year once we get healthy.

Absolutely agree with all of the above.  This is going to be a fun team to watch.  Had an exciting dunk the other night that got the place going (not from any of the aforementioned players either) and there will be plenty more to come.  Totally agree on an emerging third guard.  If and when he comes, the Gold Ball is the limit!

I've been around this program for quite some time. Trust me, this will be the best team we've ever had. We have experienced guards. PG has started three years and played a lot as a freshman. Shooting guard is a player who can shoot the 3 or take you off the dribble. We have a 6'8" post player that has played significant minutes the last two years and can knock the 3 down. College coaches were really after him this Summer. He has a bad ankle right now and needs to heal up. Pagoaga is a 6'4" post that has started the last two years and can play with anyone. He's strong, and can finish. Best rebounder in our district. Fifth position was Goldsmith until football injury. Not sure if he's playing or not. He hasn't decided. He was going to play before injury. He's a beast of a defender and can take you to the rack better than most due to his sheer strength. Fifth player will be 6'7" soph Van Bryant or 6'4" junior Elliott. We have the perfect 6th man in Sidwell. He is a defender and full or energy. We have a couple of other solid Sophs that will help off the bench. Anyone in the starting 5 can score 20 on any given night. This is a very talented team that is a TEAM. It will be January before they are playing well due to today being first day back for Football boys. We will lose a couple of games early but they will be ready in February. If the soph starts we will have a front line of 6'8", 6'7", 6'4". I still am a firm believer that you have to have 3 great ball handlers to win the second round of regional against Memphis teams and the finals. We have two with our existing guards and we will see if another emerges if Goldsmith doesn't play. Going to be a fun year once we get healthy.Yop

You are correct. For TCA to advance they must get better guard play. The last 2 years BTW and Mitchell guards were much better. Last even without Echols our best ball handler we handled their guards. We did have the best team o guards in the state. I stated in 2 years ago that the difference is TCA has athletes but Memphis has basketball  players. Most guards in Memphis play or practice basketball year round. This year our guards are good but at the last year level. If TCA guard play improves they could win the district and maybe the region. Of course I hope not.