2016 Region 4-5A

WAY TO EARLY TO PICK ANYTHING

I am not making any predictions at all just making some observations about the region:

1. Rhea did lose 13 starters with 3 of those being 2 way players. Offense should be fine defense will have some work to do.

2. I watched Cleveland 3 times last year and they will be good but they may be another year away from winning the region, but they will definatly be in the mix. I believe they get back all their scrimmage time this year so they will greatly benefit from that.

3. I don't know what Walker Valley has coming back next year but they were only a couple of players short of having a really good team last season. I do know the QB is back and he was really impressive. Coach Ryan's teams are always strong and conditioned well. If they can improve from last year just a little, this may be the year for the Mustangs.

4. Soddy Daisy has improved both years under Coach Barnes so why should this year be any different.

5. Lots of turmoil going on at Ooltewah right now that could have a lasting impact on all it's sports programs but if everything settles down, the Owls will definatly be in the mix for the region title. They will not be as dominate on defense this year but will still be good and the offense should be better than last season.

6. I haven't heard a lot about McMinn except that there are some issues within the football program. I really have no idea what that means but that is what was told. Maybe some one from McMinn can verify and explain this.

7. White County needs to find a coach. Who knows?

• 1 month later...

My way too early region prediction:

1. Walker Valley

2. Rhea County

3. Ooltewah

4. Cleveland

Soddy-Daisy

McMinn County

White County

Essentially, the top four are interchangeable to me. Walker Valley could possibly win it all region wise, but they do have to travel to Rhea County. I give the Eagles the edge on region schedule. They have Walker Valley and Ooltewah in Evensville and probably take the cake for toughest non-region games at Baylor and at home against Indianapolis Cathedral who has multiple D1 athletes being recruited by everyone from Indiana to Tennessee to Florida State. Cleveland could have a special year, but I feel they are one year away from the crown. They could give Rhea County some problems, though. The Eagles will travel there for, in my opinion, their most challenging region game. I expect Ooltewah to be a competitive again, but possibly not at the region champ level they have been. The remaining three? I have no idea. I'm pretty confident in my top 4, but not in their order. This region will be heavily tight this season, and it really is anyone's crown this time. The dominance by any one team has subsided for this season, so I wholeheartedly expect nail-biters, upsets, and some classic games in 2016. Enjoy it while you can, though. I feel '17 could possibly be the Return of the Blue Raiders, and they will establish themselves as the team to beat in the following years. I also expect no team escaping region play undefeated. If one does, they'll be a contender for a ticket to Cookeville because this region, to me, is the SEC of southeast Tennessee high school football. You escape unscathed from the Eagles, Owls, Blue Raiders, and Mustangs and the rest of the region, a trip to Cookeville is definitely in the realm of possibility.

Edited by kamerb

• 2 weeks later...

Here is how it will all play out so no need to actually play the games...

1. White County

2, McMinn County

3. Walker Valley

4. Soddy Daisy

5. Rhea County

6. Cleveland

7. Ooltewah

Region 4-5A will go 0- 4 against Region 3-5A in the playoffs. Five head coaches will be fired and three band directors will quit out of shame of having to perform for their school.

RWR

4-1

1. White County

2, McMinn County

3. Walker Valley

4. Soddy Daisy

5. Rhea County

6. Cleveland

7. Ooltewah

Region 4-5A will go 0- 4 against Region 3-5A in the playoffs. Five head coaches will be fired and three band directors will quit out of shame of having to perform for their school.

RWR

4-1

lol that's funny.....but seriously, White Co will never win this region.

lol that's funny.....but seriously, White Co will never win this region.

WHAT'S GOOD BLUERAIDER!! WE ALL KNOW WHO WILL BE AT THE TOP OF THE REGION REGUARDLESS....SOMEHOW CLEVELAND WILL MANAGE TO MAKE THE POSTSEASON AT .500....WALKER VALLEY IS THE MOST EXPERIENCED......RHEA COUNTY'S PERFORMANCE AGAINST DEM OWLS HAS REALLY PUT DEM ON THE MAP :mrgreen:...WITH A GOOD QB TO GO ALONG WITH THAT GROUND N POUND....THEY WILL BE BACK IN THE MIX...DEM OWLS WILL BE IN THE TOP 3..OFFENSE WILL BE BETTER AND DEFENSE WILL BE YOUNG BUT WILL STILL BRING IT :hungry:  ....#LOP

1. White County

2, McMinn County

3. Walker Valley

4. Soddy Daisy

5. Rhea County

6. Cleveland

7. Ooltewah

RWR

4-1

WHAT YOU TALKIN BOUT WILLIE?? WILL YOU MAKE THE PLAYOFFS???

WHAT'S GOOD BLUERAIDER!! WE ALL KNOW WHO WILL BE AT THE TOP OF THE REGION REGUARDLESS....SOMEHOW CLEVELAND WILL MANAGE TO MAKE THE POSTSEASON AT .500....WALKER VALLEY IS THE MOST EXPERIENCED......RHEA COUNTY'S PERFORMANCE AGAINST DEM OWLS HAS REALLY PUT DEM ON THE MAP :mrgreen:...WITH A GOOD QB TO GO ALONG WITH THAT GROUND N POUND....THEY WILL BE BACK IN THE MIX...DEM OWLS WILL BE IN THE TOP 3..OFFENSE WILL BE BETTER AND DEFENSE WILL BE YOUNG BUT WILL STILL BRING IT :hungry: ....#LOP

we won't be .500 buddy