2016 Region 4-5A

IS MURPHY OUT YET? YEAH RC THAT IS MY PIC. OUR DEFENSE IS WHAT GAVE YOU GUYS FITS AND UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE GONE.

BUT.....I WOULDN'T CALL THIS A REBUILDING YEAR, YOU GUYS ARE ALWAYS TOUGH TO BEAT BUT WE JUST HAVE TO CAPITALIZE ON YOUR WEAK SPOTS. GOOD LUCK.

PA, honestly it's way to early to do any reasonable prognosticating because it's hard to accurately gauge or form an opinion about a team just by Spring ball especially when they are breaking in a new offense. That being said, the Eagles appear to be solid again this year but they definatly have some issues to work out before the Baylor game. Scrimmages coming up against Cookeville, Franklin and East Hamilton should be a good indicator of where this team is in its development. I do believe Rhea will be one of the top teams in the region but there are at least 3 maybe 4 other teams teams that will also compete for the 4-5A title. Should be a fun, exciting year.

PA, honestly it's way to early to do any reasonable prognosticating because it's hard to accurately gauge or form an opinion about a team just by Spring ball especially when they are breaking in a new offense. That being said, the Eagles appear to be solid again this year but they definatly have some issues to work out before the Baylor game. Scrimmages coming up against Cookeville, Franklin and East Hamilton should be a good indicator of where this team is in its development. I do believe Rhea will be one of the top teams in the region but there are at least 3 maybe 4 other teams teams that will also compete for the 4-5A title. Should be a fun, exciting year.

I AGREE BUT YOU KNOW IT'S ALWAYS A TIGHT RACE WITH 3 TEAMS IN THE END.

Post Spring Prediction

1. Rhea County

2. Walker Valley

3. Ooltewah

4. Cleveland

No one escapes the region with a perfect record. I agree with RCfan, though. Spring ball is not an accurate predictor of the season, but if I could pick it right now, this would be my prediction. Rhea has the most favorable region schedule with the game at Cleveland being the most troublesome. I picked Walker Valley at #2 because of the returning talent and how competitive they played last season. They had Ooltewah on the ropes and kept the game with Rhea interesting. Ooltewah and Cleveland are the wild cards in the top four. They are both talented teams that could finish higher that #3 and #4 if the cards fall their way. I also have my preseason all-Region team that I would like some feedback on:

Offense

QB- Kolten Gibson (WV)

RB- Cameron Turner (OOL)

RB- Mason Stephenson (RC)

T- Avery Black (OOL)

G- Owen Vice (SD)

C- Gage Keahey (SD)

G- Ethan Maggart (WC)

T- James Moore (MC)

TE- Jared Edwards (RC)

WR- Skyler Davis (CLE)

WR- Jaden Holcombe (SD)

Defense

DE- Tyler Brown (RC)

DT- Xzayvier Beckingham (MC)

DT- Rondarius Wash (OOL)

DE- Isiah Alston (WV)

LB- Eddie Davis (RC)

LB- Chandler Kaylor (RC)

LB- Justin Rowland (WV)

CB- Corey Morgan (OOL)

S- Logan Stutzman (CLE)

S- Xavier Abernathy (MC)

CB- Treasure Johnson (CLE)

Special Teams

K- Alexsander Toser (OOL)

P- Seth Garcia (CLE)

Returner- Bryce Nunnelly (WV)

Let me know what you guys think. This is from the perspective of someone who has watched each of these players, minus the Rhea County and Ooltewah players listed, once live and the rest on highlight reels. I may have missed better talent at their postions. Feel free to disagree with my picks.

Edited by kamerb

Post Spring Prediction

1. Rhea County

2. Walker Valley

3. Ooltewah

4. Cleveland

No one escapes the region with a perfect record. I agree with RCfan, though. Spring ball is not an accurate predictor of the season, but if I could pick it right now, this would be my prediction. Rhea has the most favorable region schedule with the game at Cleveland being the most troublesome. I picked Walker Valley at #2 because of the returning talent and how competitive they played last season. They had Ooltewah on the ropes and kept the game with Rhea interesting. Ooltewah and Cleveland are the wild cards in the top four. They are both talented teams that could finish higher that #3 and #4 if the cards fall their way. I also have my preseason all-Region team that I would like some feedback on:

Offense

QB- Kolten Gibson (WV)

RB- Cameron Turner (OOL)

T- Avery Black (OOL)

G- Owen Vice (SD)

C- Gage Keahey (SD)

G- Ethan Maggart (WC)

T- James Moore (MC)

TE- Jared Edwards (RC)

WR- Skyler Davis (CLE)

WR- Jaden Holcombe (SD)

Defense

DE- Tyler Brown (RC)

DT- Rondarius Wash (OOL)

DE- Isiah Alston (WV)

LB- Eddie Davis (RC)

LB- Chandler Kaylor (RC)

LB- Justin Rowland (WV)

CB- Corey Morgan (OOL)

S- Logan Stutzman (CLE)

S- Xavier Abernathy (MC)

Special Teams

P- Seth Garcia (CLE)

Let me know what you guys think. This is from the perspective of someone who has watched each of these players, minus the Rhea County and Ooltewah players listed, once live and the rest on highlight reels. I may have missed better talent at their postions. Feel free to disagree with my picks.

YEP YOU LEFT ALOT OF TALENT OUT. OOLTEWAH WILL NOT BE A WILD CARD. WHO HAS THE TALENT TO BEAT US ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL?? WHO WILL GO UNDEFEATED IN THE DISTRICT THIS SEASON?? WHO IS THE MORE COMPLETE TEAM??

I THINK IT'S A WAIT N SEE FOR ALL. IT WILL BE ALOT OF EGGS LAYED EARLY.

Post Spring Prediction

1. Rhea County

2. Walker Valley

3. Ooltewah

4. Cleveland

Offense

QB- Kolten Gibson (WV)

RB- Cameron Turner (OOL)

T- Avery Black (OOL)

G- Owen Vice (SD)

C- Gage Keahey (SD)

G- Ethan Maggart (WC)

T- James Moore (MC)

TE- Jared Edwards (RC)

WR- Skyler Davis (CLE)

WR- Jaden Holcombe (SD)

Defense

DE- Tyler Brown (RC)

DT- Rondarius Wash (OOL)

DE- Isiah Alston (WV)

LB- Eddie Davis (RC)

LB- Chandler Kaylor (RC)

LB- Justin Rowland (WV)

CB- Corey Morgan (OOL)

S- Logan Stutzman (CLE)

S- Xavier Abernathy (MC)

Special Teams

P- Seth Garcia (CLE)

Great evaluation. Cam Turner is going to be a stud for the Owls and could have a monster year. Can't put everybody on the list but another Eagle player that could be mentioned is Cody Bice. He comes into this season with 27 TDs and over 2800 yards rushing for his career at Rhea. Not to bad....

Great evaluation. Cam Turner is going to be a stud for the Owls and could have a monster year. Can't put everybody on the list but another Eagle player that could be mentioned is Cody Bice. He comes into this season with 27 TDs and over 2800 yards rushing for his career at Rhea. Not to bad....

Agreed. I personally see Mason as the better of the two at being a general running back, but Cody is by far the best all-purpose back in the region. He can run like a bullet, has great hands, and was a second only to Noel Patterson at returning the ball on special teams. If I could redo my list, he would be my all-Region APB.