Wayne County 2016

wildcat89

The west will have several good teams in it again this year, I look for the playoffs to have some barn burners! How's the east going to look?

The same ones as usual.Look for Pitt to be getting back to their old ways and making a deep run.With as good of an off season as they are having I wouldn't in the least be surprised if they are not loaded and make it to Cookeville.GB will return a lot of players and should be neck and neck with Pitt.I'm am hearing Oneida may be a little down this year but don't EVER count out the Indians.Coalfield is being very quite,I heard their stud QB took baseball off to focus on football and if they can get some interior lineman to mature they will also be a threat.CF needs a standout back to come to the forefront also.Cloudland may have enough to make a little noise but I don't see them making it out of the Quarters,but anything can happen and believe me it HAS!Good luck to all.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The west will have several good teams in it again this year, I look for the playoffs to have some barn burners! How's the east going to look?

We know the west is loaded with 6-7 good teams, but I believe these could be the best two. As for the east? The top several teams will all be improved, but not on the level of the west. Edited by TheAmbassador

The same ones as usual.Look for Pitt to be getting back to their old ways and making a deep run.With as good of an off season as they are having I wouldn't in the least be surprised if they are not loaded and make it to Cookeville.GB will return a lot of players and should be neck and neck with Pitt.I'm am hearing Oneida may be a little down this year but don't EVER count out the Indians.Coalfield is being very quite,I heard their stud QB took baseball off to focus on football and if they can get some interior lineman to mature they will also be a threat.CF needs a standout back to come to the forefront also.Cloudland may have enough to make a little noise but I don't see them making it out of the Quarters,but anything can happen and believe me it HAS!Good luck to all.

I can guarantee you a few things. 1. SP will be improved. 2. We still won't be at the level of the teams you are accustomed to seeing at SP. 3. Our off season has went pretty good. 3. I believe Greenback and SP will be the two best teams in the east. Much like it was for us between 2007-2012 when SP and Gordonsville were the top two dogs. Neither SP or Greenback will be on par with those SP or Gordonsville teams, but they will both be pretty good 1A teams.

I can guarantee you a few things. 1. SP will be improved. 2. We still won't be at the level of the teams you are accustomed to seeing at SP. 3. Our off season has went pretty good. 3. I believe Greenback and SP will be the two best teams in the east. Much like it was for us between 2007-2012 when SP and Gordonsville were the top two dogs. Neither SP or Greenback will be on par with those SP or Gordonsville teams, but they will both be pretty good 1A teams.

Agree.

i heard WC absolutely man handled CA in their spring game. i loved hearing that, with the exception that we will have to open up with WC.

did you post that correctly, playing 4 different teams in summer scrimmages??

WC scrimmages Union City and Waverly in a three way and then Ca again. Supposed to scrimmage Giles Co but that's still up in the air.

SP will be much improved as Bass said, but our best group of kids are 7th graders right now, going into the 8th grade this coming year.

Greenback is the top contender from the east. I do wonder how they will replace Silvey, he was a force on defense. Also I believe they lost their top WR?? But still have their WB who will be a senior??

I have Wayne as my top team from the West. Then of course you have Peabody, Dresden who I'm thinking lost a ton of seniors??, Trousdale, Union City, and Huntingdon may be in the mix of they are still 1A. You west teams are so close to having enough enrollment to be 1A or 2A we never know from year to year.

Good luck to the teams in the west and I hope to see you in Cookeville.

Pirate Mike, Wayne County will be tough as usual. In the east, Greenback has the Silvey kid back. He's the best lineman I saw last season. He was all over Columbia Academy in the semifinal game.

Silvey is back? Ugh. He was a force last year. It appeared he got hurt later in the season though. He better now?

Pirate Mike, Wayne County will be tough as usual. In the east, Greenback has the Silvey kid back. He's the best lineman I saw last season. He was all over Columbia Academy in the semifinal game.

He didn't play against CA he was suspended.But he is back as you say.