FORREST ROCKETS 2016

GeneralForrest

This returning 2016 senior class has several excellent players. We are losing some up front guys but we have good guys moving in. I do not expect a talent drop off.

What I do see is that from year to year, if this staff returns, we are finally getting the continuity we need to instill a real program.

We should absolutely be favored to win the Region again. Toughest games will be at Eagleville, at Westmoreland, and Watertown at home.

I think we play at Page, which will be a 1 score game either way, but doesn't impact region standings.

I'd like to see an offseason regimen similar to Marion, who seems to be peaking heading into Cookeville including mental toughness and physical health.

How does a team do that?

Edited by Amerigha

This returning 2016 senior class has several excellent players. We are losing some up front guys but we have good guys moving in. I do not expect a talent drop off.

What I do see is that from year to year, if this staff returns, we are finally getting the continuity we need to instill a real program.

We should absolutely be favored to win the Region again. Toughest games will be at Eagleville, at Westmoreland, and Watertown at home.

I think we play at Page, which will be a 1 score game either way, but doesn't impact region standings.

I'd like to see an offseason regimen similar to Marion, who seems to be peaking heading into Cookeville including mental toughness and physical health.

How does a team do that?

Starts in January lifting weights. Speed and agility training with resistance. These kids run every day starting at 6 am. One thing they do different from most teams is lift on gameday. How you train in the spring and summer prepares you for fall. The kids are in excellent shape and in close games they just wear teams down.

Starts in January lifting weights. Speed and agility training with resistance. These kids run every day starting at 6 am. One thing they do different from most teams is lift on gameday. How you train in the spring and summer prepares you for fall. The kids are in excellent shape and in close games they just wear teams down.

Lifting on game day is getting more common.  You guys have it going on.

How does a team do that?

I see the page game being a lot more than 1 score in your favor. They are losing a lot.