TREZEVANT VS. WHO FOR THE 2A 2016 TITLE

UniversalHearthrob04

He is no longer there. He is the head coach at Hillcrest.

Wow ... that was fast. He's at Hillcrest now? Well, who's the HC at Manassas because the Principal fired the HC in order to hire Cedrick as the HC. I thought that the Shelby County school system was closing Hillcrest.

This will make your head swim.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ced cannot be a head coach in SCS without a being a teacher or an SCS employee. He was not on the staff at Carver just a volunteer. The district will not hire him because of the testing scandal. I do not know what the former principal at Manassas was thinking. Hillcrest can hire him as the head coach because it is a ASD school that is under the state and not SCS. I guess the state loves football more than academics.

Edited by Galilee

Ced cannot be a head coach in SCS without a being a teacher or an SCS employee. He was not on the staff at Carver just a volunteer. The district will not hire him because of the testing scandal. I do not know what the former principal at Manassas was thinking. Hillcrest can hire him as the head coach because it is a ASD school that is under the state and not SCS. I guess the state loves football more than academics.

Thanks for the explanation. I've been educated because I didn't know all of that. I was aware that Ced got caught up in the test scandal but I was unaware of the rest.

Yeah ... it does appear like they value football over academics.

Edited by kwc

• 3 weeks later...

Ced Wilson's Mom and little brothers used to stay in Whitehaven when I was coming out of Whitehaven. If they are still over there Hilcrest could be a nice stepping stone for Ced and other Whitehaven kids that don't come to Whitehaven.

Well you have to ask some questions like ... how long will Hillcrest be an ASD school? Will they eventually get off of the failing schools list and return to the SCS? If that happens ... what happens to Ced. as the HC at Hillcrest under those circumstances?

I guess that doesn't matter at the present though ... just food for thought.

Bump

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO LADIES AND GENTS! The Ol Man here to hit you with a little truth and knowledge. Those kids out Memphis way will play Marion County again in the 2A state game. Once again it will be a good game. The last game should have been a little more lopsided. This time around those boys in Marion County will be tougher. I hear about how big that ol Richardson kid is. Don't get me wrong now. He is big and good, but Marion County has a linebacker that is good size too in Kirkendoll. 7'3" 225 and he has added a lot of muscle. He will look to put that Richardson kid on his back. You guys out Memphis way might remember the kid. He was defensive mvp in the state game last year. I am excited for the upcoming season and wish yall the best of luck. Maybe we can meet up again in Cookeville!

HELLO LADIES AND GENTS! The Ol Man here to hit you with a little truth and knowledge. Those kids out Memphis way will play Marion County again in the 2A state game. Once again it will be a good game. The last game should have been a little more lopsided. This time around those boys in Marion County will be tougher. I hear about how big that ol Richardson kid is. Don't get me wrong now. He is big and good, but Marion County has a linebacker that is good size too in Kirkendoll. 7'3" 225 and he has added a lot of muscle. He will look to put that Richardson kid on his back. You guys out Memphis way might remember the kid. He was defensive mvp in the state game last year. I am excited for the upcoming season and wish yall the best of luck. Maybe we can meet up again in Cookeville!

7'3 225 this ain't no basketball thread!LOL.

Ced is no longer at Hillcrest.

Ced is no longer at Hillcrest.

I read this earlier but I am just now able to comment. So, this is just crazy. Who is the HC at Hillcrest now? I'm sure there is a HC somewhere who is going to seek out Ced to be an OC somewhere. He will surface. I wonder if he goes back to his old gig.