Hampton 2016

uknoit2

I was waiting for someone else to start this thread...But now that "it is what is was", I will start it.

This year's unit accomplished A LOT and made the Bulldog nation very proud! And, game after game, they did, as a TEAM, what was said couldn't be done...Especially in post season play.

I would love to have stayed healthy and had a chance to see what shook out...The Mikes had this offense so dialed in that stopping us was near impossible...But, a player goes down in these lil schools and the fat lady usually begins to sing...Same would be true with Trez or most any other program.

We may have fell short of the goal, but staying as healthy as we did, for as long as we did, is nothing short of being blessed!

I feel good about the team we will field next year....Will we "replace" these seniors? Nope!

But the 2016 unit could be even better IF they work as hard as these seniors did.

We will have McClain, Sanchez, Wilson, Davenport, and much of the lines back.

We'll miss B Johnson and others but Chase Taylor is rehabbed and will be a BEAST! Many of the underclassmen stayed under the radar this season but now have to chance to step out and make huge impacts.

Jason Russell will most likely step into the role as QB...The young man is a very good line backer and knows what he has to do as QB to keep momentum in Hampton's favor. Jason has a great arm and done a fine job when he stepped in for Jones against Marion Co.

From what I understand, he is working with the speed coach and will be ready to take over...I hope the others follow his example of commitment to this TEAM.

Receivers? That is the biggest question IMO...We will have Crumley and Lyons back but replacing Wiltshire & Chambers (and Norris) will be a chore and take 100's of hours working with J. Russell.

But one thing that will not change? We will still have great coaching...They WILL receive the support needed and  they will get the most out of every kid we have!

GO DOGS!!!!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

We will not have another Lunsford, Wilt, Jones, Chambers, Johnson, and so on.....But I expect them to be dang good and excel in their own way

Absolutely no doubt that we'll be good, the big question in my mind is how good other teams are. HV and GP will both field solid teams,not real sure about the rest. Only teams that worry me in Region 2 are A E and Rockwood. A E has a good off season and they may be in Cookville. That bunch has some strengths that very few will be able to match. I really liked them Roadrunners.

Absolutely no doubt that we'll be good, the big question in my mind is how good other teams are. HV and GP will both field solid teams,not real sure about the rest. Only teams that worry me in Region 2 are A E and Rockwood. A E has a good off season and they may be in Cookville. That bunch has some strengths that very few will be able to match. I really liked them Roadrunners.

For sure! I will be at AE to watch those Roadrunners next season...They will be a blast to watch perform!

HV and GP will be stout, but we may have the edge on them with Russell at QB...Plus, both have to come to Hampton.

Not sure what SN returns, not sure how good ole eagle will have Cosby playing, but this may be the funnest region-1 run in some time...although this last one was A BLAST!

I get to start all over with boy #3....He's in for a hard winter, spring and summer...But he's looking forward to every second!

Speed training starting soon too!

For sure! I will be at AE to watch those Roadrunners next season...They will be a blast to watch perform!

HV and GP will be stout, but we may have the edge on them with Russell at QB...Plus, both have to come to Hampton.

Not sure what SN returns, not sure how good ole eagle will have Cosby playing, but this may be the funnest region-1 run in some time...although this last one was A BLAST!

I get to start all over with boy #3....He's in for a hard winter, spring and summer...But he's looking forward to every second!

Speed training starting soon too!

Biggest area of concern is a couple of DB's and receivers. Heard really good things about an up coming Freshman, he may be one of the answers. May get some bb players as well. Hampton will be Hampton as long as we keep the coaches, we'll have a down year from time to time but thats just the nature of any small rural school.

Biggest area of concern is a couple of DB's and receivers. Heard really good things about an up coming Freshman, he may be one of the answers. May get some bb players as well. Hampton will be Hampton as long as we keep the coaches, we'll have a down year from time to time but thats just the nature of any small rural school.

Gonna take A LOT of work and dedication for any of the incoming to make an impact...even in a couple years IMHO...That includes mine who didn't get to play in 8th grade due to fracture...I feel confident he'll be one that is ready tho...The attitude is right!

I hear things about one coach and would hate to see him go....I know the other has a long career here as long as Hampton is where he want to be...And I can sure live with that.

Gonna take A LOT of work and dedication for any of the incoming to make an impact...even in a couple years IMHO...That includes mine who didn't get to play in 8th grade due to fracture...I feel confident he'll be one that is ready tho...The attitude is right!

I hear things about one coach and would hate to see him go....I know the other has a long career here as long as Hampton is where he want to be...And I can sure live with that.

I'm about as close to the situation as it gets and i know nothing about the coaching thing. My guess is we'll have both the Mikes or at lest one of um and we'll be fine either way. The attitude and work ethic is the big key for any of the younger kids,I don't have a clue about these kids. All I know is the example has been laid before them.

That region should be AEs to win. Rockwood loses a lot and the middle school has struggled the last couple of years for rockwood

I'm about as close to the situation as it gets and i know nothing about the coaching thing. My guess is we'll have both the Mikes or at lest one of um and we'll be fine either way. The attitude and work ethic is the big key for any of the younger kids,I don't have a clue about these kids. All I know is the example has been laid before them.

Without doubt! And I'm hearing from a few dads that the example rubbed off on enough of tomorrow's leaders that we should have another disciplined team....These seniors treated every kid on the team like a brother, and that should be paid forward for years to come.

As for the other thing, that's good to hear....both would be great...But one will be great!