Trinity Christian 2016

burnalittle

Thanks Trader. It was definitely a amazing four year run and the four you mentioned were definitely elite athletes for 2A. Parker had some small school offers but had no interest in playing past high school. He has some opportunities in basketball and will most likely go that route. Pagoaga had some D2 opportunities but has chosen to go to Memphis and pursue academics. He says he might consider walking on at Memphis. I believe he could play there. I agree that Tenn Tech got a steal!

I agree...if he (Pagoaga) catches the ball consistently as well as when we played, no coach would fail to give him an opportunity.

Also glad to hear that yours has the opportunity to choose whether or not he'll pursue athletics at the next level, he's good enough at both sports that he deserves to make that choice.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...if he (Pagoaga) catches the ball consistently as well as when we played, no coach would fail to give him an opportunity.

Also glad to hear that yours has the opportunity to choose whether or not he'll pursue athletics at the next level, he's good enough at both sports that he deserves to make that choice.

Thanks Trader! Good luck to Scott's Hill next year. I will be watching them closely.

• 2 months later...

Time to put the golf clubs and tennis rackets down. It's spring practice time. First day of spring and I have to admit I have a spring in my step. Now to facts. Numbers were a little low but that is because several players still playing baseball and soccer. That's fine because it allows the younger guys some reps to help get their feet under them. Today was like a Thursday before game day so it was a lot of walk through Monday the pads go on. But seems to be a lot of speed out there and that is not our skill guys in other sports. Proud of the success of the boys in other sports but can't wait till they all come together. Looking forward to fall

Time to put the golf clubs and tennis rackets down. It's spring practice time. First day of spring and I have to admit I have a spring in my step. Now to facts. Numbers were a little low but that is because several players still playing baseball and soccer. That's fine because it allows the younger guys some reps to help get their feet under them. Today was like a Thursday before game day so it was a lot of walk through Monday the pads go on. But seems to be a lot of speed out there and that is not our skill guys in other sports. Proud of the success of the boys in other sports but can't wait till they all come together. Looking forward to fall

BIGEd, three leading scorers in Soccer, Parker, Tucker and Holsinger, are Football players. Holsinger is only one of those three back but it just proves our FB team had athletes. Two of our four defenders on back line in soccer are FB players and they will be back. Baseball teams has some good athletes that are FB players as well. When you only have 235 kids in HS they have to play multiple sports to keep us competitive. I heard some good things about Spring Practice today. Look forward to hearing more next week!

• 2 weeks later...

Went out and watched the young TCA squad scrimmage Lake Co. All I can say is that we are going to Surprise a lot of teams! Lots of new players that were walking the halls last year are now playing. A winning program will do that! Won game 5-3 but forced a lot of turnovers that would have resulted in other scores. OL is going to be nasty!

Edited by TCAIntense

Went out and watched the young TCA squad scrimmage Lake Co. All I can say is that we are going to Surprise a lot of teams! Lots of new players that were walking the halls last year are now playing. A winning program will do that! Won game 5-3 but forced a lot of turnovers that would have resulted in other scores. OL is going to be nasty!

How did Lake County look? LC has a very young team made up of mostly sophomore and freshmen.

How did Lake County look? LC has a very young team made up of mostly sophomore and freshmen.

First of all TCA was all freshmen and sophs as well. I think we had 3 juniors on the field. LC was very athletic and quick as usual. They had a receiver who ran the jet sweep who was really fast. They executed like a young team. They had quite a few bobbled snaps and fumbles. QB is cat quick but not very big. Their line was good size for 1A. TCA's line is nasty. All starters are back from state semifinalst team. I would think LC would finish fourth behind the big 3 in their region. If they are mostly fresh and sophs they have a very bright future. Good luck to LC. We have always enjoyed scrimmaging them.

First of all TCA was all freshmen and sophs as well. I think we had 3 juniors on the field. LC was very athletic and quick as usual. They had a receiver who ran the jet sweep who was really fast. They executed like a young team. They had quite a few bobbled snaps and fumbles. QB is cat quick but not very big. Their line was good size for 1A. TCA's line is nasty. All starters are back from state semifinalst team. I would think LC would finish fourth behind the big 3 in their region. If they are mostly fresh and sophs they have a very bright future. Good luck to LC. We have always enjoyed scrimmaging them.

Thanks for the update. Good luck to TCA this season.

Alright I will chime in now. TCA will be young this year but don't look past them. The O line is the same line that went through the playoffs. The skill players we lost a lot. But guess what there were a few kids in the hallways that are now out for football. They are not ready to replace Parker, Thomas, Sergio, and Goldsmith. But with this line holes will be a lot wider and that helps younger runners. Now for the defense. TCA will now have a D that would assume to just punch in the mouth and keep you from the end zone and kick a field goal to win the game. This is a young group but they don't know that they are. They have an attitude that has not been at TCA. Looking forward to summer work outs, 7 on 7 and then the FALL The coaches are not shying away from competition. Jamboree we open up with Liberty. Iron sharpens Iron. Go Lions!!!!!!

Alright I will chime in now. TCA will be young this year but don't look past them. The O line is the same line that went through the playoffs. The skill players we lost a lot. But guess what there were a few kids in the hallways that are now out for football. They are not ready to replace Parker, Thomas, Sergio, and Goldsmith. But with this line holes will be a lot wider and that helps younger runners. Now for the defense. TCA will now have a D that would assume to just punch in the mouth and keep you from the end zone and kick a field goal to win the game. This is a young group but they don't know that they are. They have an attitude that has not been at TCA. Looking forward to summer work outs, 7 on 7 and then the FALL The coaches are not shying away from competition. Jamboree we open up with Liberty. Iron sharpens Iron. Go Lions!!!!!!

I agree that Coach Butler doesn't shy away from competition. I do hope we make it through the Jamboree against Liberty injury free. Liberty will be like a small college football team with 3 or 4 D1 prospects. Glad we don't have to punt or kick off to them! Good to see some of the kids that were walking the halls last year coming out for football! You never know.......might find a Chris Tucker walking around. He didn't even play football as a freshman!

• 2 months later...

Alright we are on the eve of the jamboree. I will put in a note on the lions. Our line returns and looks good. They have gotten bigger and they are very athletic. Skill positions are being tough to replace. The crew last year at skill is a group that does not come around very often. The new boys are learning, now time to find out if they have the will to compete. QB situation is just as it was last year. The kid was 0-4 last year and was one deminsional. He is a good runner. one of the fastest on the team. But his passing is just not on point. And with young receivers that is not a good mix. We have a good running back to replace Goldsmith and he will surprise a lot of people. Defense will be solid. These boys really thrive on the D side of the ball. So going into the jamboree against Liberty, not looking for a lot. Coaches will keep it basic and try to get out with out an injury. Going into the season the game plan will be to keep all games 0-0 tie at the end of the game and then let the refs move the ball to the 10 yard line for us. Good luck to all this year and let's get it started