Houston County 2016

FearedEagle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the Sycamore scrimmage last week had its ups and downs. Both teams had players out for baseball. Houston County will be solid once again in 1A and compete for a playoff spot. Sycamore could very well be the team to beat in Region 6-3A this year. They'll give Camden and Fairview all they can handle.

I heard the Sycamore scrimmage last week had its ups and downs. Both teams had players out for baseball. Houston County will be solid once again in 1A and compete for a playoff spot. Sycamore could very well be the team to beat in Region 6-3A this year. They'll give Camden and Fairview all they can handle.

Really? I heard Sycamore lost a lot and might not be as good this year. That didn't come from someone with any inside knowledge. So it doesn't really mean much. If Houston was able to compete with them after losing 15 seniors on a 1A team that says a lot about Houston.

Really? I heard Sycamore lost a lot and might not be as good this year. That didn't come from someone with any inside knowledge. So it doesn't really mean much. If Houston was able to compete with them after losing 15 seniors on a 1A team that says a lot about Houston.

Sycamore scored 6 times and Houston scored 2 times from what I heard. Camden and Fairview and the favorites in the region but Sycamore, Cheatham, and Harpeth all return some key players at key positions and could be in the mix. Fairview losing Zimmerman and Camden losing Brown will in my opinion be harder to replace than Sycamore losing Baker.

Don't know who Baker is. Just heard they lost quality players that would be tough to replace without a bigger roster. I get to watch Fairview about once a year and they should be the favorite. Plenty of good athletes in that county. Surprised they didn't make it farther in the playoffs last year.

Don't know who Baker is. Just heard they lost quality players that would be tough to replace without a bigger roster. I get to watch Fairview about once a year and they should be the favorite. Plenty of good athletes in that county. Surprised they didn't make it farther in the playoffs last year.

Baker is the kid who played receiver for them last year #7. He also played QB in some of their packages. He just signed a baseball scholarship to Columbia State.

Last year was tough sledding for the whole region. CPA, White House-Heritage, and Stratford were better than anyone in our region last fall. I think WHH loses a ton of seniors but I would guess that CPA is going to be great as usual and that Stratford will continue to improve and draw in talent. I think the kid who was kicked off of the team at Hendersonville after last season ended up at Stratford (not 100% sure of that however).

Houston County had a dream season a year ago going 9-3 and advancing to the second round of the playoffs. They were a staple of their coaching staff. Hard nosed and tough minded kids who got after folks. Their win at Jo Byrns last year in the playoffs was one of the biggest in a long time. I'm not sure who their seniors were by jersey numbers but I can tell you that 11, 6, and 99 all ran the ball hard. 13 was a good back as well. The thing that made them a great team was their line play up front. 57, 56, 62, and the left guard on their OL (69 or 68) were warriors.

I'll be eager to hear how their scrimmage with JB goes tonight.

Heard the Irish had a good outing to finish off Spring ball. Clark needs to work real hard on his offense and get them moving the ball a little more effective for the fall. The few returning starters and players are playing big leadership roles and making everyone around them work real hard. I liked what I seen this Spring and that's reality. Go Irish!

Heard the Irish had a good outing to finish off Spring ball. Clark needs to work real hard on his offense and get them moving the ball a little more effective for the fall. The few returning starters and players are playing big leadership roles and making everyone around them work real hard. I liked what I seen this Spring and that's reality. Go Irish!

Obviously Wayne County and Huntingdon are the favorites in this region. In your opinion, where does HC finish at?

Eagle are you still going to come down to Wayne Co and catch a game with us this year?