Marley Steps Down at USJ

@38320

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see where USJ is going. Everything was set up for Coach Marley. They have one of the best lineman in the country, a QB that apparently has offers from a few FBS schools such as Southern Miss and Purdue, one of the best kickers in West Tennessee if not the state, and a pretty good lineman/fullback in Sean Reid. They have the best facilities in West Tennessee. I don't know how good D-2 is, nor should I care. But USJ is a job where you should make it to Cookeville every 3 years and that hasn't happened in a while. I think it was time for USJ to move on from Coach Marley.

I can see where USJ is going. Everything was set up for Coach Marley. They have one of the best lineman in the country, a QB that apparently has offers from a few FBS schools such as Southern Miss and Purdue, one of the best kickers in West Tennessee if not the state, and a pretty good lineman/fullback in Sean Reid. They have the best facilities in West Tennessee. I don't know how good D-2 is, nor should I care. But USJ is a job where you should make it to Cookeville every 3 years and that hasn't happened in a while. I think it was time for USJ to move on from Coach Marley.

Wow. You sir watch too much ESPN. This is high school football. It's a shame there are people that think this way. This is a great man and a great coach. You and I seem to always have different opinions. Who is your high school team?

What makes you think that this is a bad move? Just because he is a good man? And I'm pretty sure I have told you my HS team a few weeks ago... 

All of the good D2 schools are recruiting and busing in top athletes and helping pay for their school. Is USJ doing this? from what i hear i do not think so. High schools are getting way to much like colleges and make moves just to keep the boosters happy. If you are winning and you are doing the right things to help the kids then why rock the boat. You put in 28 years and build a program you deserve a little more loyalty than that. Good luck to Marley and USJ.  

High school football is moving in the direction of the universities and the universities are moving towards the pros. I can't believe the Georgia boys are 9-3 and going to the bowl without a coach. It's all what-have-you-done-for-me-lately? 

Mark Richt was fired because he didn't get the job done. Ranked #6 playing Alabama and you lose by 20+ at home. The following week they blew a 4 touchdown team to Tennessee. They lose to Florida by 24 and look where Florida is at now? An FCS team took UGA to overtime, and FBS team has no business taking an FCS team to overtime, regardless of how good the FCS team is. And they only beat Georgia Tech (a 3 win team) by 6. Yes they went 9-3, but that is an UGLY 9-3 record.