Jo Byrns 2016

MOTO24

What will the 2016 Red Devils look like?  For the first time in a long time, I don't know the answer.  The biggest reason is that we don't know what the new kids being rezoned from Springfield will bring to the table.  How many of them play football?  Are they any good?

Here's what I do know...

We lose a lot of starters from this year's team.  I may be a little off but I believe we lose the following starters:

Offense: QB, WR, 4 OL, TE

Defense: 3 DL, 1 LB, 2 DB's

Despite the losses, I think we have a really good chance of being a better team next year.  I fully expect to get at least 2 or 3 starters from the group of new kids from Springfield (likely more).  We also have a few really talented young kids on the team.  Two of them have a chance to be really special (1 RB & 1 OL/DL).

Does anybody know if the new kids will get to participate in Spring Practice?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moto this sounds like the Signal Mountain deal a few years ago. You guys are going to bus them in from Springfield? You must be kin to Mountain Troll.

Yes sir.  They've rezoned the schools and JB will now get around 100 kids from the west side of Springfield.  This will bump us up to 2A.  From my understanding, the jump in enrollment will be enough to send JB to 2A for the 2016-17 school year.  No one has told me that, but that's what I expect.

Better not bus in too many or 2a will be where you sit in 2017. I lived in cross plains last year so I know a little about the situation. Kids from cross plains, White House, greenbrier will be sent to Springfield and Springfield will bus kids to greenbrier, White House, jo byrns. It will be luck of the draw as to how many fb players you get cause those other schools will get some of them too. Don't forget Springfield will take a portion of jo byrns to be sent to Springfield so you might lose some players as well. I know of three on the team that are going to be zoned for Springfield with the new demographic that are trying to rent or find a new address so they can stay at jo byrns. There could be more. I know of the three because I have buddies up that way

Yes sir. They've rezoned the schools and JB will now get around 100 kids from the west side of Springfield. This will bump us up to 2A. From my understanding, the jump in enrollment will be enough to send JB to 2A for the 2016-17 school year. No one has told me that, but that's what I expect.

Ok as long as you are 2A's problem that is fine with me. LMBO

Better not bus in too many or 2a will be where you sit in 2017. I lived in cross plains last year so I know a little about the situation. Kids from cross plains, White House, greenbrier will be sent to Springfield and Springfield will bus kids to greenbrier, White House, jo byrns. It will be luck of the draw as to how many fb players you get cause those other schools will get some of them too. Don't forget Springfield will take a portion of jo byrns to be sent to Springfield so you might lose some players as well. I know of three on the team that are going to be zoned for Springfield with the new demographic that are trying to rent or find a new address so they can stay at jo byrns. There could be more. I know of the three because I have buddies up that way

JB will not be losing anybody from high school or middle school.  Those zones only expanded.  The elementary school zone shrunk so some of those kids now go to Springfield but if they stay where they are, they're zoned for JB middle and high school.

• 2 months later...

What will the 2016 Red Devils look like?  For the first time in a long time, I don't know the answer.  The biggest reason is that we don't know what the new kids being rezoned from Springfield will bring to the table.  How many of them play football?  Are they any good?

Here's what I do know...

We lose a lot of starters from this year's team.  I may be a little off but I believe we lose the following starters:

Offense: QB, WR, 4 OL, TE

Defense: 3 DL, 1 LB, 2 DB's

Despite the losses, I think we have a really good chance of being a better team next year.  I fully expect to get at least 2 or 3 starters from the group of new kids from Springfield (likely more).  We also have a few really talented young kids on the team.  Two of them have a chance to be really special (1 RB & 1 OL/DL).

Does anybody know if the new kids will get to participate in Spring Practice?

moto i seen our schedule and glad to see you boys are coming to play on our new field! Maybe we have it broke in for ya when you guys get there!!!

I'd like to see JB get rolling again this year. I just don't see how they can do it after losing so much. Losing some big playmakers. I may have to come catch a scrimmage. Good luck Devils

Remains to be seen what the Devils will get from the re zoning BS from the Springfield area, will not be known until fall school begins whether there will be immediate contributors or not,, most likely they will be youngsters ( underclassmen ) at that,,,, but I will say in a yr or two combined with the current talent that the Devils may be a threat to reckon with,, but again remains to be seen

Remains to be seen what the Devils will get from the re zoning BS from the Springfield area, will not be known until fall school begins whether there will be immediate contributors or not,, most likely they will be youngsters ( underclassmen ) at that,,,, but I will say in a yr or two combined with the current talent that the Devils may be a threat to reckon with,, but again remains to be seen

If they know they are rezoned then surely they can start practice this summer with the rest. If not it will be tough for the boys trying to get to know each other a week before the season starts and the coach and figuring out who should get a shot to be in the lineup. Good luck to you guys Edited by Creekbankbuttspank

TALMAD, it sounds like a plan.

Here's the latest on what I've been told regarding the rezoning issue (not sure if 100% accurate).  JB will be 1A next year (certain on this one).  The current estimate is around 40-60 new high school kids coming from Springfield.  New students have the option of participating in spring practice if they'd like.