Centennial Coach Rector Stepping Down

TGUN

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people knock Ravenwood and Brentwood kids as not being mentally tough and not being able to handle a hard nosed coach. Then there are those that categorize all Williamson County as being the same type of rich kid. So I was simply saying that I think those "rich kids" usually come from a more structured family life and have learned how to handle hard nosed discipline. Look at the private kids that have discipline coaches. However kids that come from broken families don't always have that structure and in turn struggle to handle discipline

Boo, I agree that people often paint themselves in a corner when using a broad brush.

That applies to your equating "rich" to "structure" and everyone else as "broken".

First, most Centennial faithful don't fit the stereotypical "williamson types" you refer to.  Those are in Brentwood.  Secondly, while I've never seen Rector turn purple, he has chewed his share of butt the past five years so the kids are accustomed to a good dressing down. 

Do you have a problem or something with people from Brentwood? What do you mean williamson types? Just bc williamson county and brentwood are one of the nations richest areas/county does'nt mean everyone there is.. 

Do you have a problem or something with people from Brentwood? What do you mean williamson types? Just bc williamson county and brentwood are one of the nations richest areas/county does'nt mean everyone there is.. 

Read the entire thread. It was another poster who made reference to williamson types. I was pointing out to that person that not everyone in the county is rolling in dough, that many of those families are zoned Centennial and Brentwood fits the outsider's stereotype more so than the CHS fan base.  Nothing more, nothing less so don't read too much into it.

Edited by BT Mafia

Yes I know. I was referring to BT Mafia's response to your post about a country boy fitting in. You insinuated the Coach K seems to lose his cool every now and then and didn't know how those rich kids would handle it. He said those kids where in Brentwood.

I never said Brentwood kids couldn't handle a hot headed coach.  I said Centennial kids were accustomed to it so if it happens, it's nothing new.

I never said Brentwood kids couldn't handle a hot headed coach. I said Centennial kids were accustomed to it so if it happens, it's nothing new.

OK I was merely trying (apparently not very well) to say that Williamson County kids rich or otherwise are no softer than kids from surrounding counties. Football players are tough and no matter where they play they for most part can handle a little yelling

I have to say the Wilco stereotype thing is BS... I live in SPH Wilco and spent quite some time coaching youth FB in Franklin.......bottom line kids and parents are a product of their environment how u r raised who you surround yourself with and if God gave you the smarts to know who not to associate with.....

Regarding the new coach at Cent...... Summits Coleman came from the same place and Summit is moving along just fine.... realistic expectations compiled with culture understanding will go a long way with the new coach........parents and players......

Comes down to the old..... Coaches coach,,,, players play and parents parent.......

Good luck to Centenial this year .......

Edited by TGUN

I have to say the Wilco stereotype thing is BS... I live in SPH Wilco and spent quite some time coaching youth FB in Franklin.......bottom line kids and parents are a product of their environment how u r raised who you surround yourself with and if God gave you the smarts to know who not to associate with.....

Regarding the new coach at Cent...... Summits Coleman came from the same place and Summit is moving along just fine.... realistic expectations compiled with culture understanding will go a long way with the new coach........parents and players......

Comes down to the old..... Coaches coach,,,, players play and parents parent.......

Good luck to Centenial this year .......

BUMP!