The Haven 2016

kwc

Well ... the scrimmages are over and the Jamboree is this Friday. We play Fairley. I think we will do fine. I think the coaches have enough from scrimmaging Trezevant in the spring and last week scrimmages against East and MUS to determine how they want to finalize who they want where on the OL and who will be the starting QB.

I heard that Jabril 'Rock' Malone will miss some of the season due to an injury he sustained at a camp recently. That hurts the defense, but if what I heard is accurate, we should be getting him back towards the middle of the season.

Heal up Rock! Your team mates have got your back until you can return. You just listen to the physicians and rehab when it is time to rehab, and not before. Don't jump the gun and start rehabbing before the doctor tell you to ... that could wind up costing you more time away if you do it too soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers my man.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BHS......got a questions for you. I was out and about yesterday mostly kicking rocks and talking to my two brothers, Opie Taylor and Opie Taylor, and was curious if you would comment on what the Haven has for the Red Dragon this season? Care to break it down for us Clowns? 

Da Haven will likely find the Black and Gold Excalibur Sword in the Mississippi River sometime in November and bring it with them to Slay the Red Dragon on the Upper Cumberland in December.

We gon be singin' All Black-N-Gold everythang like Trinidad James... Don't Believe me just Watch!

Well ... the scrimmages are over and the Jamboree is this Friday. We play Fairley. I think we will do fine. I think the coaches have enough from scrimmaging Trezevant in the spring and last week scrimmages against East and MUS to determine how they want to finalize who they want where on the OL and who will be the starting QB.

I heard that Jabril 'Rock' Malone will miss some of the season due to an injury he sustained at a camp recently. That hurts the defense, but if what I heard is accurate, we should be getting him back towards the middle of the season.

Heal up Rock! Your team mates have got your back until you can return. You just listen to the physicians and rehab when it is time to rehab, and not before. Don't jump the gun and start rehabbing before the doctor tell you to ... that could wind up costing you more time away if you do it too soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers my man.

Why no comments on the MUS scrimmage?  that MUS defense was pretty stout wasn't it?

Yes as always MUS was tough but dont be stingy, WHS defense shut out MUS as well...if you was there you saw #22 Aubrey Miller out there being the beast that he is...was a defensive battle which the 2 picks gave us the edge...but good scrimmage as usual...both offense's got kinks to work out

We will miss rock but we won't be hurt, we still gone be shut down just won't have that one Hitta quitta at safety but will be more picks on the deep ball...got amother 6'3 corner that will be shut down in rayshad Williams, just a jr, moved delereo to safety....we good, please believe me. Rock can take his time but should be back by October...

Yes as always MUS was tough but dont be stingy, WHS defense shut out MUS as well...if you was there you saw #22 Aubrey Miller out there being the beast that he is...was a defensive battle which the 2 picks gave us the edge...but good scrimmage as usual...both offense's got kinks to work out

I was there...WHS defense was stout and #22 was impressive...not sure WHS got the "edge" as you say since there wasn't any scoring...WHS turned the ball over to MUS as well so you can't really count that.  I think both teams had to be happy with the defense and agree both offenses got kinks to work out.  good luck this year!

I was there...WHS defense was stout and #22 was impressive...not sure WHS got the "edge" as you say since there wasn't any scoring...WHS turned the ball over to MUS as well so you can't really count that. I think both teams had to be happy with the defense and agree both offenses got kinks to work out. good luck this year!

Why no comments on the MUS scrimmage?  that MUS defense was pretty stout wasn't it?

Whitehaven scrimmaged MUS and East during the same week. Both were beneficial to analyzing the current roster. The defenses dominated in the MUS scrimmage. MUS was able to move the ball some. Whitehaven moved the ball some as well. Its good for Whitehaven to scrimmage MUS because we will see the Thirty four defense some during the season. I know Arlington runs a similar 'D'. Who does MUS face on their current schedule who plays a 50 defense?