1A Top Ten

Galilee

I agree Halls is for real and it is a decant schedule. The schedule UC played last year helped them during the state tournament. A tournament out of town is good preparation for the state. Playing games on consecutive days and staying in hotels along with scheduling meals are important. The small things at state are important.

You're absolutely right. I as well as some of the players pretty much begged Coach Jarrett at the beginning of the season to add some tougher opponents such as Haywood, Fayette Ware, South Side and some Memphis teams even Mitchell use to be on our schedule during the season but anyone that knows him knows its hard getting him out of his ways to do something different.LOL. But you have a good point. I honestly think they're ready for whatever though. Offensive wise, this is the best team to come through Halls ever. Including our state teams in '02 & '04. Our only weakness is depth. So we're working to develop other players to be ready by tournament time. Edited by MrOct1031

How did the left hand big and the Famous Jones kid play against Halls.?I saw them for a half Friday playing against Millington...those two looked legit! My dad and Uncle, both who just travel around watching games, boasted how good Halls were too. I sat with some folks from Jackson who left the Penny Classic just to drive to this game to check out Halls lol

How did the left hand big and the Famous Jones kid play against Halls.?I saw them for a half Friday playing against Millington...those two looked legit! My dad and Uncle, both who just travel around watching games, boasted how good Halls were too. I sat with some folks from Jackson who left the Penny Classic just to drive to this game to check out Halls lol

They both had a great game. Isaiah had 28 pts and Famous had 27. Ripley put up 98 pts which is the most they've put up all season so I think they ran out of gas because they're normally in the 50-65 pts a game range.

• 4 weeks later...

Halls looks good. I wish they played a tougher schedule. Looking at the teams they have faced and I really do not see a dominan

Halls would beat Clay County by 10-15 IMO

So who did you see Clay County Play?

Saw them play Macon County twice.  They struggled both times and lost on Macon's home court.

Saw them play Macon County twice. They struggled both times and lost on Macon's home court.

You saw them play Macon Co only? Macon is a good AA team and not a bad team at all.They lost in triple OT at Macon Co. Have you failed to look at their wins? 7A is very strong this year likely to have two teams in the state tournament.

Clay also beat 20-4 AAA Sevier County, AAA Hardin Valley, and a team from KY Whitley Co that would be considered AAA in TN. They also beat Van Buren which could make it to state by 30 and 16. Clays schedule is by far stronger than Halls. Clarkrange, Jackson County, And Pickett County are all strong good wins as well.

I am not saying Clay would beat Halls but it wouldn't be a 10-15 point loss for Clay guaranteed. Clay likely has a finalist for Mr. Basketball in Tyreke Key who is averaging 31 points.

My question since you only seen them play Macon I assume you are from Macon then when did you ever see Halls play? Btw Sevier County drummed Macon County by 30-40 in the same tournament Clay beat them ;).

Top 3 in no particular order Clay Co, Halls, Mitchell

Edited by Shozen

They did. In fact they led UC for 3 quarters. They did replace 4 starters though and this team has several sophomores. I'd live to see them start to utilize the twin tower offense and put Adam Fleming and Kirkland Surratt on the floor at the same time. Not many class A schools can match up with 2 kids 6'8" at the same time.