Cloudland Head Coach

Tab

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey king I got a question for you,why do you think that the new coach is going to as good a hire as you think? How is he going to kids out for the team,most of the kids now are not willing to put in too much work,not all,but most

Don't know about all of that but they need to hire a new Coach asap, other teams are working and you sure don't want to wait until the end of the school year. The new Coach needs to be there yesterday recruiting the hallways and getting um in the weight room.  Isure wouldn't fire a Coach this time of year if I wasn't going to hire the new one in a HURRY.

Hey king I got a question for you,why do you think that the new coach is going to as good a hire as you think? How is he going to kids out for the team,most of the kids now are not willing to put in too much work,not all,but most

Well, if it's Mike Lunsford, it's a proven good hire. I know he's coming back, but not sure in what role. Mike is the best at getting kids out. Now I will say this. It's up to the kids to work hard and make themselves better for a common goal. For most years, we've never had more than a few to dedicate themselves. When I saw Marion county, I saw a complete unit of studs. None of the linemen had amazing size, but they were quick and powerful and I'm pretty sure they weren't born that way. I think it all starts between the ears. Those boys were not only well coached but they were smart and driven. All the pieces have to come together to put a team in cookville. What I would love to see is cloudland consistently be on the level of greenback and coalfield programs. You could clearly see what Pittman lacked everytime we played the yellow jackets in his tenor. We were out prepared both mentally and physically. You can't never get ahead in life without hardwwork unless you're a master thief

Well, if it's Mike Lunsford, it's a proven good hire. I know he's coming back, but not sure in what role. Mike is the best at getting kids out. Now I will say this. It's up to the kids to work hard and make themselves better for a common goal. For most years, we've never had more than a few to dedicate themselves. When I saw Marion county, I saw a complete unit of studs. None of the linemen had amazing size, but they were quick and powerful and I'm pretty sure they weren't born that way. I think it all starts between the ears. Those boys were not only well coached but they were smart and driven. All the pieces have to come together to put a team in cookville. What I would love to see is cloudland consistently be on the level of greenback and coalfield programs. You could clearly see what Pittman lacked everytime we played the yellow jackets in his tenor. We were out prepared both mentally and physically. You can't never get ahead in life without hardwwork unless you're a master thief

You basically have 3 types of kids, you have one's thats self motivated, one's you can get to work and kids that just won't work. Some schools have weight training during school,if you have that most will work, If not,  you are limited to the 1st 2 groups. I'm sure a good coach can get most to work if they know how to lead . I also know some kids who wouldn't play for Coach Pittman are planning on coming out.  You need um all at small schools like Cloudland.

i agree with about the points you've made and I would be totally shocked if Mike wasn't named the coach,just don't know how their going to pull this off from what I have heard Mike starts tomorrow but Pittman is still going to be there he was just relieved of football not teaching,not sure at what capacity Mike will working at.As far as the kids go about getting them to come out your gonna lose some and gain some just have to wait and see,never know Cloudland may have some kids make there up the road

i agree with about the points you've made and I would be totally shocked if Mike wasn't named the coach,just don't know how their going to pull this off from what I have heard Mike starts tomorrow but Pittman is still going to be there he was just relieved of football not teaching,not sure at what capacity Mike will working at.As far as the kids go about getting them to come out your gonna lose some and gain some just have to wait and see,never know Cloudland may have some kids make there up the road

If mike is the new head Coach,It could be that Coach Pittman could stay and be an assistant. Who know's Cloudland could lose some kids but they also might gain a few from nearby schools. I will say this ,if Mike Coaches,he will build a good team  Schedule looks really tough next season, but most of the tough one's don't count. The ole Cloudland would be back shortly.Its gonna be fun seeing how all this works out. 

There's some Pittman supporters who are really butt hurt over this. There's even a petition on Facebook to have Ladonna Boone removed from the school board. In my opinion, everything she has done will benefit cloudland in the long run. The most important thing was getting the academics straightened out. Now that we have Mike, it only sweetens the deal.

There's some Pittman supporters who are really butt hurt over this. There's even a petition on Facebook to have Ladonna Boone removed from the school board. In my opinion, everything she has done will benefit cloudland in the long run. The most important thing was getting the academics straightened out. Now that we have Mike, it only sweetens the deal.

Shes been one of my favorites since she taught LJ in the 1st grade.LJ got his foundation from her and its benefitted him until this day. I'm a fan.

I talk to bunches of people in Roan MT and I've not run into one person that wants to keep the Coach. I'm curious who wants him to stay. I'm puzzled to say the least

I talk to bunches of people in Roan MT and I've not run into one person that wants to keep the Coach. I'm curious who wants him to stay. I'm puzzled to say the least

Question pujo,why did Mike decide to leave Hampton after the year he had?Beat GCA,AE and went to the Semi's.I know 2A has gotten a lot stoubter with AE and Tyner in the mix.Going back to 1A the region is easier but the playoff RD is just as tough.Just curious. You always have a good insight and of course carrying the same last name doesn't hurt.LOL.