GCA 2016

Raven52

Thats just plumb strange Barney, Grace usually gets at least 5. I'd say most transfers come in Jr High. That,s the best time to get um anyway. Grace will have a tough season if they don't get any help. They still have some good players but nearly all the starters graduated. Region 1 is probably gonna have 4 fairly strong teams,it will be tough for Grace to win a playoff game. I do think it will be a down year for the teams in that region with the exception of AE..

They didn't get any help pujo.Gonna be a long year!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think most of those teams that beat Grace have the bulk of their team back. Could be a long season. Beating up Taft youth center is a think of the past. I'd like to see The AE ,Grace game.

Won't be as good as last year because GCA don'r sell Chicken Wings. That's why I took a night off from a Maryville game last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if aliens abducted Raven and Pride but it sure would be great to hear from them again and not be fair weather fans. You have to keep this in mind that it's not the team as much as it's the schedule these boy's are facing. Good luck to GCA tonight playing a 6A team and hope the fans come out to support them. There will be an upset tonight somewhere no one will be expecting at all and if I had to pick the game this could be it. 

Not sure if aliens abducted Raven and Pride but it sure would be great to hear from them again and not be fair weather fans. You have to keep this in mind that it's not the team as much as it's the schedule these boy's are facing. Good luck to GCA tonight playing a 6A team and hope the fans come out to support them. There will be an upset tonight somewhere no one will be expecting at all and if I had to pick the game this could be it. 

Must be the night before Christmas Barney.

Guys, I'm back. As you know, im not that close to the program. It's 7-0 Jeff Co. at the half. From what I had read about what we lost from last year, I expected this to be a long game. Grace has had chances, but 2 lost fumbles and an INT in the end zone killed them. We'll see how the 2nd half goes and if the big school wears down the smaller one.

Guys, I'm back. As you know, im not that close to the program. It's 7-0 Jeff Co. at the half. From what I had read about what we lost from last year, I expected this to be a long game. Grace has had chances, but 2 lost fumbles and an INT in the end zone killed them. We'll see how the 2nd half goes and if the big school wears down the smaller one.

This game could have been a lot closer than the score but when you take a 2A school with forty players 10-12 and play a 6A team that has 86 players 10-12 one of them is going to run out of gas which GCA did about halfway through the third quarter. Lot better game than last year by a long shot. Couldn't believe they went for a first when they had the ball inside their own fifteen and didn't get it and after that it was like the dam busted wide open and you could see the kids just gave up after that point. Just glad Jefferson went to their second unit which allowed GCA the ability to get back on their feet and salvage the game. They will be okay in 2A from what I saw tonight but there is really no reason to be playing Jefferson and Campbell County and hope the fans can see that.

Barney, agree with you on all points. I was just getting there as Jeff Co was coming out of the locker room. Compared to the 2A ball I've always been around, it was like watching a small college team come out with the number of players they had.

Looks like it's going to be an interesting year in the region with what AE has back and Harriman finally getting the Kingston monkey off their back.

This game could have been a lot closer than the score but when you take a 2A school with forty players 10-12 and play a 6A team that has 86 players 10-12 one of them is going to run out of gas which GCA did about halfway through the third quarter. Lot better game than last year by a long shot. Couldn't believe they went for a first when they had the ball inside their own fifteen and didn't get it and after that it was like the dam busted wide open and you could see the kids just gave up after that point. Just glad Jefferson went to their second unit which allowed GCA the ability to get back on their feet and salvage the game. They will be okay in 2A from what I saw tonight but there is really no reason to be playing Jefferson and Campbell County and hope the fans can see that.

If you go back and look at the past schedules in GCA's past they never played the type teams they are now. In the best of times they may have played a good CAK team from time to time but to play Jefferson and Campbell County which will be good you can't ask for anything any better. Then you have to play Webb and Cak that are really on a different level also. This team would be your typical decent football team as in the past but the schedule is just murder. Saw a lot of positives last night and things they will have to work on but there is a reason the TSSAA put teams in classifications and to go way beyond your class to take on a team you have no business playing your going to get the results of last night. Hope all GCA fans can see that also.

Edited by BarneySox2007