GCA 2016

Raven52

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing the Head Coach is thinking of moving on after this season?  Just one of the "rumors" that floated around breakfast at Shoney's this morning on Broadway.  Any truth to that?  This man said an assistant is already slated to take his place.  

I'm hearing the Head Coach is thinking of moving on after this season?  Just one of the "rumors" that floated around breakfast at Shoney's this morning on Broadway.  Any truth to that?  This man said an assistant is already slated to take his place.  

Not sure Larry. All I know is that it sure would fill strange next year being a private school and your having to play just private schools and do a lot of traveling to play teams your not even sure where their even from. I'm sure that will take the excitement out of playing or coaching one of those teams. Instead of playing a local team your having to get on a bus and travel 200 miles to play Noah's Ark Academy where ever that may be.

Not sure Larry. All I know is that it sure would fill strange next year being a private school and your having to play just private schools and do a lot of traveling to play teams your not even sure where their even from. I'm sure that will take the excitement out of playing or coaching one of those teams. Instead of playing a local team your having to get on a bus and travel 200 miles to play Noah's Ark Academy where ever that may be.

I'm sure they will still play teams that are not private during the regular season. I'm also sure Grace could find a Great coach if football is to be part of their mission.

Keep us informed 'sox

I ended up not going because I was afraid it would lightening and they would delay the game for thirty minutes if it did. I am pretty sure the GCA varsity looked better than Meigs County from what I was hearing by text but I would rather hear it from someone who played than a parent. Hopefully Gracepride will fills us in if he hasn't went on the missing persons report.

I ended up not going because I was afraid it would lightening and they would delay the game for thirty minutes if it did. I am pretty sure the GCA varsity looked better than Meigs County from what I was hearing by text but I would rather hear it from someone who played than a parent. Hopefully Gracepride will fills us in if he hasn't went on the missing persons report.

I heard Meigs looked pretty good and won 3-2,GCA played better than expected.Looks like both may be a hard out this year.

I heard Meigs looked pretty good and won 3-2,GCA played better than expected.Looks like both may be a hard out this year.

They may have but the JV played also during times so it's hard to say who won. I'm hearing GCA looked good passing the ball which they will be doing a lot more of this year since they changed the offense.

I'm sure they will still play teams that are not private during the regular season. I'm also sure Grace could find a Great coach if football is to be part of their mission.

Can't imagine the coach leaving because he has a son playing for two more years after this season so I would have to see it to believe it.

They may have but the JV played also during times so it's hard to say who won. I'm hearing GCA looked good passing the ball which they will be doing a lot more of this year since they changed the offense.

GCA drove the ball straight down the field on two drives and scored and Meigs threw it for their scores.That was the varsity score not JV,I don't count JV with the scrimmages. Edited by orngnblk

GCA ran the ball well and Meigs threw it for their scores.That was the varsity score not JV,I don't count JV with the scrimmages.

That's what I understand from the reliable GCA source that texted me last night

I also heard there were a few weak spots on that GCA squad and pride would be having an "open house" to vet candidates strengthening those positions :D