Dobyns Bennett Athletics

Either way it's a moot point.Bottom line is the coaches coach both offense and defensive positions.I don't fault any position coach if he is a fine one like Holt was or can't coach a peewee team.Most coaches do the best they can and I doubt many are going to say they suck and give up their pay nomatter if they are an assistant or head coach.I think most of them are very good coaches but just like putting players in the right position,coaches have to also be in the right position and given the means to succeed.A couple should have been put over the weight program and left alone. They have enough common sense to find out what they don't know and that would have made a world of difference over the last several years.

Either way it's a moot point.Bottom line is the coaches coach both offense and defensive positions.I don't fault any position coach if he is a fine one like Holt was or can't coach a peewee team.Most coaches do the best they can and I doubt many are going to say they suck and give up their pay nomatter if they are an assistant or head coach.I think most of them are very good coaches but just like putting players in the right position,coaches have to also be in the right position and given the means to succeed.A couple should have been put over the weight program and left alone. They have enough common sense to find out what they don't know and that would have made a world of difference over the last several years.

You are correct. Their doing the "best they can" and their not going to quit and give up their pay. So expect more of the same.

Waco says for us to compare '15 yardage to teams ten years ago.   Deuce Wallace (sevier county) is already at Vanderbilt.   Cole Copeland (Bradley Central) is a junior, will test us again, and will likely also be in the SEC in two years.  Dylan Hopkins (Maryville), is a redshirt sophomore with a D1 arm, and runs a 4.5 forty.  I don't remember Volunteer or Central having any of these.

With the step up in competition, and the fact that the DB senior class was not Star-filled,  most knowledgeable fans should not be surprised.  We did not get blown out in most losses except Blackman and Mary.   This is a time for optimism and positive vision.

Waco , we all want to respect your opinion.   Just respect others.   Coaching decisions could have been better.  But to say that the opponents from ten years ago would have rolled up 500 a game on last year's D is just...  well.... Whacko.  

7-3 next year would be a great improvement, and an acceptable performance for the Tribe.

I expect better then 7-3 in the regular season.If you would have told me 2 years ago  DB was going to get  a couple of big guys that can play  along with what was in the system,it would have made me wonder if a change  or two would happen and this bunch might win it all.A change did happen.It's been like the worst case scenario in playing the lottery.DB got all the numbers this week for last weeks drawing.

This region is pretty tough from top to bottom. Last year WB was the lone lame duck(winless in region play), but i'm being told that we have close to 100 in football workouts now. I have seen some of the players at basketball games and they have bulked up. It will be interesting to see how 2016 plays out. I anticipate that everyone will be good again, with the exception of Jeff Co. They were a senior heavy team and lost all their big playmakers. I would expect DB to improve this year, but if they dont you have to look at the bright spot. If they have another bad year or two, the fanbase will probably form mobs and the positive changes you guys want will be made.

Waco says for us to compare '15 yardage to teams ten years ago.   Deuce Wallace (sevier county) is already at Vanderbilt.   Cole Copeland (Bradley Central) is a junior, will test us again, and will likely also be in the SEC in two years.  Dylan Hopkins (Maryville), is a redshirt sophomore with a D1 arm, and runs a 4.5 forty.  I don't remember Volunteer or Central having any of these.

With the step up in competition, and the fact that the DB senior class was not Star-filled,  most knowledgeable fans should not be surprised.  We did not get blown out in most losses except Blackman and Mary.   This is a time for optimism and positive vision.

Waco , we all want to respect your opinion.   Just respect others.   Coaching decisions could have been better.  But to say that the opponents from ten years ago would have rolled up 500 a game on last year's D is just...  well.... Whacko.  

7-3 next year would be a great improvement, and an acceptable performance for the Tribe.

I respect other opinions. But that don't mean those opinions are right. And when I say compare defenses I'm talking about the defenses from the past 4 years compared to when DB played in the Big East conference. Why do you guys keep bringing up Volunteer and Central? And no way will a 7-3 record ever be an acceptable performance. 

I expect better then 7-3 in the regular season.If you would have told me 2 years ago  DB was going to get  a couple of big guys that can play  along with what was in the system,it would have made me wonder if a change  or two would happen and this bunch might win it all.A change did happen.It's been like the worst case scenario in playing the lottery.DB got all the numbers this week for last weeks drawing.

Thats a pretty good way to put it.

Guest footballfan100

You guys keep dropping like flies lol. I love to hear the all the great ideas out there from the experts. One thing for sure tho, you have your qb returning who was a good passer and runner..very physical who could take a hit and keep on going. Offensively, u all were ok, the problem was on D with a secondary that was very suspect. If Newcomb transfers along with the other big TE or DE, that's 2 big losses there...we'll take em tho and keep on smiling.

You guys keep dropping like flies lol. I love to hear the all the great ideas out there from the experts. One thing for sure tho, you have your qb returning who was a good passer and runner..very physical who could take a hit and keep on going. Offensively, u all were ok, the problem was on D with a secondary that was very suspect. If Newcomb transfers along with the other big TE or DE, that's 2 big losses there...we'll take em tho and keep on smiling.

HaHa.....You can smile 'till the cows come home. Your defense coaching is equally as bad as DB's. You could get DB's entire team to transfer over there and you still lose to Maryville by 50. Some people just don't know that they don't know.

Guest footballfan100

I never have said we could compete with Maryville wacko. We cant! But you guys think db can play with them hahaha. That's even worse, dreamer boy. While you guys are running off players, why don't you run off one of your best to us, your QB..we'll be glad to have him!

See if you can find a post by me where I said we can compete with Maryville, dreamer boy. But besides that it wasn't Maryville that knocked either one of us out of the playoffs so we both have a ways to go before we can even talk about being slobber knocked by Maryville. Also, in case you haven't noticed, you need coaches, not players. You guys are no different than DB. No defense.